PDA

View Full Version : castlepoint ride pics.

cowboyz
6th February 2006, 09:05
Well Meanie, Bones, Dhunt and his mate and myself headed out to Castlepoint this afternoon. Great ride.

Heading out to Masterton there was a fair bit of rain and I thought the day might turn into a bit of a fizzer but the rain went away and we got a steady pace going.

Downer of the day was puncturing my rear brake line coming into masterton. Tapped the rear brake and brake fluid shot out oall over the road. Pissed me off but with Bonez (the boy scout) around, no bike is injured for long. Got back alright and pulled up on Meanies front yard. Went to turn the bike off and hello, no bloody keys??? (If anyone is happening to be driving for Masterton to Ashhurst and they happen to see a little black key on the road then it belongs to my bike)
So again good friends came to my rescue and Dhunt had a new barrel that we swapped over so I could start my bike.

Anyway, Pics to come.. Nice views from out castlepoint.

Meanie
6th February 2006, 11:23
Awesome ride although a little slippery at times after the rain
What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon :banana:

Pics
Filling up in Materton and repairs and maintenance

cowboyz
6th February 2006, 11:28
how come every pic of me on this site there is smoke hanging hanging out of my mouth??

Meanie
6th February 2006, 11:38
how come every pic of me on this site there is smoke hanging hanging out of my mouth??

Cause there is always one hangin out your mouth:rofl:

cowboyz
6th February 2006, 17:24
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=500824#post500824

dhunt
6th February 2006, 18:36
Was definitely worth going. Not quite enough rain to wash my leathers but other than that was a complete success :stupid:

The bike seemed to handle alright although I was a bit out of form and it looks like I'm in need of some new fork seals :brick: Also getting the fairings back is high on the priority list this week. I'm not particulary impressed with the wind buffiding without them. That was my last Palmy ride for a while I suppose as I'm off to New Plymouth on the weekend. :no:

DingDong
6th February 2006, 19:17
a sinister bunch of lads look like they're up to no good:laugh:

cowboyz
6th February 2006, 19:21
a sinister bunch of lads look like they're up to no good:laugh:

yeah I heard that about them too..

Bonez
6th February 2006, 19:28
a sinister bunch of lads look like they're up to no good:laugh:Lol nice mix alright couple of crusty ol cunts and some young'ns. The ol Cb550 ran like a swiss clock I might add. James set quite a good pace on the VN quite early in the ride and was kind enough to put on a bbq when we got back home.

It was good to get cowboyz bike servicable again. He did the work why'll we sat
down giving "advice" and drunk bourbon.

Meanie
6th February 2006, 20:21
Lol nice mix alright couple of crusty ol cunts and some young'ns. The ol Cb550 ran like a swiss clock I might add. James set quite a good pace on the VN quite early in the ride and was kind enough to put on a bbq when we got back home.

It was good to get cowboyz bike servicable again. He did the work why'll we sat
down giving "advice" and drunk bourbon.
I,m very impressed with those 30 year old hondas bonez they seem to run a lot better than i remember mine ever used too :clap:

Meanie
6th February 2006, 20:25
Was definitely worth going. Not quite enough rain to wash my leathers but other than that was a complete success :stupid:

The bike seemed to handle alright although I was a bit out of form and it looks like I'm in need of some new fork seals :brick: Also getting the fairings back is high on the priority list this week. I'm not particulary impressed with the wind buffiding without them. That was my last Palmy ride for a while I suppose as I'm off to New Plymouth on the weekend. :no:
You should have stuck around Dave cowboy had his fairings off while replacing his ignition we could have snuck them onto your bike while he wasnt watching:rofl:

dhunt
6th February 2006, 20:34
You should have stuck around Dave cowboy had his fairings off while replacing his ignition we could have snuck them onto your bike while he wasnt watching:rofl:
I should of, he wouldn't have noticed with all the rest of his bike breaking down or flying off :Pokey:
But we had a nice mutton roast dinner cooked for us after we finished working on the van so was all good :2thumbsup

crazefox
6th February 2006, 20:46
Very nice road to ride aye guys:headbang:

Bonez
6th February 2006, 20:49
I should of, he wouldn't have noticed with all the rest of his bike breaking down or flying off :Pokey:
But we had a nice mutton roast dinner cooked for us after we finished working on the van so was all good :2thumbsupWondered where those pesty baalambs ended up.

cowboyz
6th February 2006, 21:07
But we had a nice mutton roast dinner cooked for us after we finished working on the van so was all good :2thumbsup

ooohhh come on... at least I returned with my fairings on my bike instead of in my jacket!! :Pokey:

Bonez
6th February 2006, 21:10
I,m very impressed with those 30 year old hondas bonez they seem to run a lot better than i remember mine ever used too :clap:
Hit an indicated 160ks a couple of times catching up with cowboyz. Original top speed was around 180 or so, so the ol gal can still lift her skirt'n flirt.

cowboyz
6th February 2006, 21:14
hey, dont blame me. I was just out for a sunday afternoon ride.. :innocent:

KLOWN
6th February 2006, 23:26
If you guys do it again let me know!! My bike will hopefully be up and running by wed. We need to find some good twistys so I have a chance of keeping up:chase:

Bonez
7th February 2006, 18:14
If you guys do it again let me know!! My bike will hopefully be up and running by wed. We need to find some good twistys so I have a chance of keeping up:chase:Well, I missed the sweet smell of the 2-stroke.
Hope ya have it sorted this week. Sounds like you got the reed valves out just in time. Good one.