PDA

View Full Version : CBR 600 brake and park lights

jimdaworm
6th February 2006, 13:13
Hey, you guys might have noticed I am selling my bike regretfully :pinch: Anyway someone got it checked out at TSS yesterday. TSS said it was pretty mint but noted two things.

The brake light comes on with the front brake but not with the back and my headlight doesnt seem to do park.

Anyone know probable causes of these small issues or I dunno maby keen to help me fix them... I have a couple of cold cans of Ranfurley :devil2:

sAsLEX
6th February 2006, 13:37
park light is normally some small extra bulb in older bike have a look they may be blown

jimdaworm
6th February 2006, 19:59
Thanks for the info

XP@
10th February 2006, 15:05
Look at your rear brake pedal there should be a springy bit of wire connecting it to a black plastic thing.
Manually pull the wire and you should see the light come on.
If it does:
The black plastic thing should have a plastic nut on it move this up and down to adjust where the light comes on in relation to how hard you press.
If it does not:
Check the electric wires are connected.

So now your bike is working properly you don't need to sell it!
Why were you having such silly thoughts anyway?

jimdaworm
13th February 2006, 15:59
Thanks for the info XP@ . I wouldnt be selling it if it wernt for the fact that I am going to Spain soon and it would probably cost me as much to get it over there and on the road as buying one there!

I will miss it dearly. :buggerd:

Anyway once I get a bike over in Spain I will tell you guys what its like. Last time I was there for a couple of years but I didnt have my license and its extreamly expensive to get car/bike licenses in Europe.

XP@
13th February 2006, 22:35
Thanks for the info XP@ . I wouldnt be selling it if it wernt for the fact that I am going to Spain soon and it would probably cost me as much to get it over there and on the road as buying one there!

I will miss it dearly. :buggerd:

Anyway once I get a bike over in Spain I will tell you guys what its like. Last time I was there for a couple of years but I didnt have my license and its extreamly expensive to get car/bike licenses in Europe.

See how much you are going to loose on the bike, cos you sould be able to ship it for about $700-$800 can get closer idea if you want.

But if your off to spain then get a 600 off roader and go down to Maroc for me.

Oh and ...

Enjoy spain :-)

jimdaworm
14th February 2006, 06:53
Doesnt look like I will really loose much money. We really want to go to morroco but I am not sure if it will be on a motorbike!

How much difference is there between touring on a CBR and touring on a touring bike?

We were very tired and had sore asses from our recent trip to the south island for three nights. Picton-Nelson, Nelson-Christchurch, Christchurch Picton. I think the worst bit was the humidity we were roasting in the all the gear when it stopped raining and the sun came out:no:

XP@
14th February 2006, 09:30
Doesnt look like I will really loose much money. We really want to go to morroco but I am not sure if it will be on a motorbike!

How much difference is there between touring on a CBR and touring on a touring bike?

We were very tired and had sore asses from our recent trip to the south island for three nights. Picton-Nelson, Nelson-Christchurch, Christchurch Picton. I think the worst bit was the humidity we were roasting in the all the gear when it stopped raining and the sun came out:no:

There is a lot of difference, when you start piling on the km's being upright is a real saver on your shoulders and wrists. The seats are generally designed to be be sat in for a bit longer.

In general a touring bike will also be a bit more bag friendly, so easier to store your gear.

A dual purpose tourer will open up many more roads than a sprot bike, gravel, the beach and even the the grass in the camp site become a lot easier with lumpy tires.

jimdaworm
14th February 2006, 17:15
I will have to try some tourers out :) Wrists havent been the problem. My ass has been the problem!:blink:

XP@
15th February 2006, 08:33
I will have to try some tourers out :) Wrists havent been the problem. My ass has been the problem!:blink:
With a dr650 or xr650 you will still get a sore ass but (the bike) will be able to almost anywhere you could wish to go.
An F650 or Transalp will take you almost anywhere you want to go (off road) it is just a bit harder the further off road you venture. But as far as you could imagine on the road
A road tourer will take you a long way on the road but not much further.
A sprot bike you are still limited to the road but as long as you can get there quickly you will be fine (and probably fined)