PDA

View Full Version : How big front&rear tyre size that u fit into fxr150?

Sniff
8th February 2006, 06:25
right now i use front(90/80/17) and the rear(130/70/17)..anyone have tried bigger than that?

loosebruce
8th February 2006, 15:38
A 130 rear on an FXR does that fit? What are they standerd 110 or 120? Not a hell of lot of point fitting a bigger rear to the FXR, just buy some Dunlop TT900 (?) i think, thats what the racer boys use on the RG's. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Sniff
8th February 2006, 17:35
the standard size is 80/90/17(front) and 100/90/17..right now i'm using duro tyres(no budget yet to get dunlop@bridgestone):slap: ,hehe.with it,take corner will be much more easier&confident :banana:

MSTRS
9th February 2006, 09:31
Even the ladies will tell you that bigger is not better.....:whistle:
Front should be 80 or 90 width and rear 100 or 110. Sport Demons are good. As are Dunlop TT100 (900 if you can afford).

loosebruce
9th February 2006, 16:04
,take corner will be much more easier&confident :banana:

Chances are it wont be, thats quite a change to go from 100/90 to a 130/70 (if it fits), the change n profiles may slow turn in and you may end up rolling off the edge of the tyre, if you want confidnce in a corner get some sticker tyres you know you can trust. And leave it standard sizes, it's not like changing a 180/55 to 190/50, pretty minor difference there.
I got a good mate who can drag his knee on a RG150 with TT900's on it in the wet, he is a little loco though.

Ixion
9th February 2006, 16:42
Dunno, this message just doesn't seem to be getting through. Dunno how many times it's been said, but here it is again:

Listen up guys - bikes are different to cars. On bikes big fat tyres make your cornering WORSE not better, and you are MORE likely to crash. Yeah I know that's not how it is on your cage. But that's how BIKES work - don't like that go back to the cages.

OK. Sorted. Leave the ruddy tyre sizes alone.

Flyingpony
9th February 2006, 21:33
I'm still running the factories ... when they're due for replacement, I'll replace them with tyres of the same size but maybe different compound.

Sniff
9th February 2006, 22:58
ehmm..u're right guys,i just try it on the street..not track.but for safety i should use sticky tyres after this rather than big fat tyres,after this tyres worn out.but the big tyres looks really smart,hehe.anyway,:yeah: thanx a lot guys...

loosebruce
9th February 2006, 23:16
Good choice Sniff, i haven't looked at a FXR in a while but i'd bet money on it you wouldn't have clearance between swingarm and chain for a 130 rear anyway and it is best to leave the tyre size stock, the bike is designed around the tyre sizes, all the steering geometry, wheel base, trail/rake etc etc is based around what tyre is on the bike, sometime, only sometimes can you change sizes, but it's generally on the bigger bore bikes, but tyre manufactures are helping us out a common change was to go from a 190/50 to a 180/55 to help improve turn in, now they're making a 190/55, but in saying that it's only a small difference in sizes.