PDA

View Full Version : 1 woman and a crowbar

Rashika
8th February 2006, 08:50
DO NOT ATTEMPT this at home...be warned...dangerous and could cause you harm if you attempt to intervene.

Yesterday I started yet another enterprise. I am well known for trying to do difficult shit myself (bugger having any help), managed to take apart 100 metres of decking, 5 metres high in places (almost lost the dog a couple of times), mostly single handedly last summer, and then replace it with some help from hubby. Damn I am HOT with a wrecking bar!
This year it is the turn of the new house to get one last piece of outside landscaping done...yes.... it is a fence!
Now most of the house has a fence...but one area HAD a very old part that needed some seeing to..... so see to it I did.

Hand me the wrecking bar, a few swearwords and burly muscles, plus a little bit of intelligence to figure out the quickest and most appropriate way to remove said fence, and 1 hour later it is down..... yes me a person of the female persuasion is quite capable of destroying a fence. It is not just in the domain of the males of the species to want to destroy something and then lord it over the remains. Pieces of timber & nails all neatly stacked in a pile, oh yeah and theres a dog chewing on some remains she found....happy as!

So now there is this tree you see..... :msn-wink:

Guess all I have to do now is put up a new one... one thing at a time ok?

Grahameeboy
8th February 2006, 08:52
a hell of a way to bury the husband.........

crashe
8th February 2006, 09:10
Wohooooo, You go girl.......................:scooter: :wari:

Yeah I demolished a playhouse (6' x 9' x 6' high) out the back recently..
I took to it with the sledgehammer and whacked the shit out of it..
Down it came... I had only built it, 23 years ago...
so it did what it was supposed to do..

I've built many a fence and decks....
Painted the inside and outside of my home as well...

Give me a hammer, nails and skillsaw... and see what I can do with it.

See guys, we gals can do anything....

MSTRS
8th February 2006, 09:15
Guys....be afraid. Be very afraid.
Well done you lasses

Sniper
8th February 2006, 09:45
Shit..... Please don't teach MissSniper anything. You saw what she did without a weapon :eek5:

Deviant Esq
8th February 2006, 10:02
:lol:

LOL Sniper, I think you're more of a danger to yourself! :nya:

Damn I am HOT with a wrecking bar!

I think we're going to require photographic proof to shore up this case... :eek5:

Nice work though ladies! There's just something about a woman with a crowbar with a slightly manic look in her eyes... :dodge:

Rashika
8th February 2006, 10:10
Nice work though ladies! There's just something about a woman with a crowbar with a slightly manic look in her eyes... :dodge:
yeah SCARY aint it?? mwaaaaahahahahahahahahah :devil2:

Can you go to the bathroom standing up?

ManDownUnder
8th February 2006, 11:42

Once that fence is built...

.. pee over it... :woohoo:

Hey seriously - well done re the new fence etc. Good job! I wish more kiwis actually were DIYers, rather than just claim to be DIYers.

miSTa
8th February 2006, 11:54
Once that fence is built...

.. pee over it... :woohoo:

Well said that man :niceone:

Seriously, well done G but only a few swear words, I expeced more :msn-wink:

TonyB
8th February 2006, 11:54
Nice work R.
Gee it's a pity you don't have a man thats a builder eh? Someone who could help with that sort of shit...

dawnrazor
8th February 2006, 13:48
NEWS FLASH :small tribe of amazonians found in christchurch

A perverse hatred for aged woodwork can not be explained at this time - but it is suspected that they take in some nuitritional benefit from their destructions.

Rashika
8th February 2006, 15:00
Well said that man :niceone:

Seriously, well done G but only a few swear words, I expeced more :msn-wink:
it was odd... barely even any swearwords...
the pickets were easy and just a couple of hits with the sledgehammer for each of the rails...and i thought it was still fairly stable apart from the bottom rotten wood.

Can you go to the bathroom standing up?
of course!
It may not be neat or tidy, but can be done :msn-wink:

Motu
8th February 2006, 15:23
I don't do wood - if it can't be welded heated and bent,cut to size with a gas axe and trimmed on a grinder...then I get in a man with big thighs and a small brain.

dangerous
8th February 2006, 16:10
Nice work R.
Gee it's a pity you don't have a man thats a builder eh? Someone who could help with that sort of shit...
Yeah those sort of skills must be handy aye..... wish I could do shit like that aye.... be even beter I got paid for it, and then every man and his dog would be asking me to do work for them, and I'd have no riding time...... second thoughts......... I know nuffing:yawn:

MSTRS
8th February 2006, 16:23
of course!
It may not be neat or tidy, but can be done :msn-wink:
So what's the difference???:blink:
Oh yeah - 'you lot' would not know to put the seat UP:devil2:

Gremlin
8th February 2006, 16:25
hahahahahahahahahaha, evidently you haven't met one either. My dad builds 40ish houses a year (albeit as a manager of the division, but he is a trained chippie). Can organise stuff for his houses within the day if needed.

How long do you think it takes to renovate a room?? Try over a year. :eek: Try speaking to normal, full time chippies, most have something that needs doing, and haven't done it. You just don't want to continue work when you get home.

Demolition is good, thats me. I can strip the odd room in hours. Re-construction..... yeeeaaah... well, it ain't my department.

Congratulations Rashika, but I don't think I would ever let my mum near any heavy tools. Even a measuring tape seems to trick her.

Swoop
8th February 2006, 16:34
Hmmm, some "Tim the tool man" quips required here perhaps???

As a woodworker, I know the therapy that "adjusting" a piece of wood can bring...:ar15: :blink::eyepoke: :wavey: :banana: