PDA

View Full Version : Predictabull

Colapop
8th February 2006, 12:39
No, not a livestock thread. This is for those of you like rugby.
You've heard of Virtual Super 14? This is similar but a little more involved. It's an online pick the winner competition for the Super 14. Not too hard in the Super 14 - the same guy runs a NPC comp too.

www.predictabull.co.nz

Goblin
8th February 2006, 12:50
Rugby Schmugby!!:mad: :angry2: :brick:

Colapop
8th February 2006, 12:56
I expected as much from a few round here, but there may be a few who might like. No-one is saying you have to like rugby.

Goblin
8th February 2006, 13:03
Yeah I know. Sorry Colapop, I just get sick to death of hearing about rugby, even in the off season, its always on the news, in the papers and even on KB!
31 men running around a field after an odd shaped ball, in a random and erratic fashion, is not my idea of sport. Sorry.

Colapop
8th February 2006, 14:31
Some fools don't like motorbikes either but I'm not going to burn down their embassies! In a country like NZ even for me as rugby nut it gets a bit much sometimes. But don't worry the new Super 14 starts on Friday...

Colapop
10th February 2006, 09:17
Bumpity bump....

Just a reminder for those of you that like rugby.

skelstar
10th February 2006, 09:33
How many people are playing there? Just interested to know...:blip:

Colapop
10th February 2006, 10:01
It started off as a work based comp. at Beca. The computer tech set it up for the world cup of soccer then rugby then soccer again and has adapted it for the super 12, npc and now the super 14. Numbers have been word of mouth so far, but this year may be different. I think numbers are at about 100 at the moment but I haven't spoken to Jeff for awhile as he's left Beca.
Unlike other comps that try and make things too easy for this one you have to pick the scores and get points for being close ie. 5 for 10 points out, 10 for 5 points out and 20 for spot on. I think there's a bonus 50 or something for getting both scores correct. It's traight forward but the skill comes in getting the scores fairly close. It's all in the "How to score" pull down.