PDA

View Full Version : Ex-race Tyres

nicko
29th March 2004, 12:24
Hi guys,

Garage is looking like a wreckers and wallet is looking like a black hole so need to sell some tyres.

Got a few sets, all are Metzeler 120/70/17 fronts (RS1) and 180/55/17 rears (RS2).
Metzelers are bloody good tyres and these ones have seen bugger all track time so have heaps of tread left.

$250 a set or can split.

PM me for details.

Cheers,
Nicko
(Auckland)

jnr
29th May 2005, 19:46
Hi there

Any 120/60/17 and 155/60/17 wet race tyres available anywhere? To fit an FZR400 3TJ

Rainbow Wizard
29th May 2005, 21:27
Hi guys, need to sell some tyres. Got a few sets, all are Metzeler 120/70/17 fronts (RS1) and 180/55/17 rears (RS2).
I will check the rear end when I get back to the shed because the rear one is currently a slick in the centre.

Two Smoker
29th May 2005, 21:59
Hi there

Any 120/60/17 and 155/60/17 wet race tyres available anywhere? To fit an FZR400 3TJ

ive got a 160/60 Supercorsa Pro SC2 for sale, $150... Heaps of tread left, only done 1 track day and 1 race day.... Mint for the wet too, i was down into the 1:22's when it was raining...

(Sorry for hijaking Nicko, my wallet is a bigger black hole than yours LOL)

Motoracer
30th May 2005, 12:03
(Sorry for hijaking Nicko, my wallet is a bigger black hole than yours LOL)

My wallet has even a bigger black hole than yours mate! Ahhh... the story of racers.

nicko
30th May 2005, 13:21
Yeah, I don't think we're gonna get much sympathy from each other on this one....I've been investing in the black hole for the last three years and still haven't seen a return! (had a truckload of fun in the process tho)

Still got heaps of tyres for sale and some of them are the new racetechs as well so give me a yell if any of you Auckland crew need some rubber.

Two Smoker
30th May 2005, 18:00
Yeah, I don't think we're gonna get much sympathy from each other on this one....I've been investing in the black hole for the last three years and still haven't seen a return! (had a truckload of fun in the process tho)

Still got heaps of tyres for sale and some of them are the new racetechs as well so give me a yell if any of you Auckland crew need some rubber.

how worn are the sides??? i need some rubber for my gixxer...

Coldkiwi
31st May 2005, 12:37
I'll stick my hand up.
Ex race rubber sounds good to me. Anyone got a 180 rear (SC2/RS2 prefered but SC1/RS1 quite welcome) for sale?

nicko
31st May 2005, 12:39
Haven't worn the sides at all, just a big strip down the middle :whistle:

Seriously tho, they've done F*** all laps and still got heaps of meat. Come round for a looksee if you want.

FYI - As testament to the Metzeler racetechs, the front I've got on at the moment did all the 300km endurance race at Puke and that club meet last weekend at Taupo and it still looks mint and still managed low 41's.

Kiwi - I've got heaps of tyres, some SC's and RS's as well so give me a yell bro.

Two Smoker
31st May 2005, 18:20
Chuck me aside one nice set of Racetechs Nicko please... K1 front K2 rear... cheers... (will PM you about picking them up later...)

nicko
1st June 2005, 12:12
No worries bro. Will do.

Coldkiwi
1st June 2005, 12:28
so how are the racetecs on the road? I've been pleasently surprised about the usability of the supercorsas in all weather but i'm wondering if that will be the case for Racetecs too?

nicko
2nd June 2005, 12:31
so how are the racetecs on the road? I've been pleasently surprised about the usability of the supercorsas in all weather but i'm wondering if that will be the case for Racetecs too?

Racetechs have a smaller tread pattern designed so that there's less leading edge to wear away, this and the stiffer sidewalls means you get more grip for longer. Because there is less tread there is less channels for water to get out of but in saying this they still grip very well and still perform the job in the wet - 300km race had about 30 laps in the wet which we were on Racetechs for and they hung in there just fine.

In the dry they are sublime, more grip and more mileage - they are similar geometry to the rennsports/super corsas so your bike should ride very similar with them on.

p.s. good catching up last night Dave - have fun at Puke and that tyre should be way better than what you had on!

Coldkiwi
2nd June 2005, 12:52
Because there is less tread there is less channels for water to get out of but in saying this they still grip very well and still perform the job in the wet - 300km race had about 30 laps in the wet which we were on Racetechs for and they hung in there just fine.

just looking at these pics, you're not kidding about the smaller amount of tread! are these really road legal (and how do I find the rules for that?) I note the front in particular seems to have big blocks of 'land' between the grooves. Thats gotta be a little less than ideal in standing water doesn't it?

sAsLEX
2nd June 2005, 13:24
CK those look similar in tread pattern to the front tyre I got off TS ,super corsa or something, and over the last few days its been fine even through the foot deep puddles on Aucklands brilliant roading system!

Two Smoker
2nd June 2005, 19:51
just looking at these pics, you're not kidding about the smaller amount of tread! are these really road legal (and how do I find the rules for that?) I note the front in particular seems to have big blocks of 'land' between the grooves. Thats gotta be a little less than ideal in standing water doesn't it?

HARDEN UP YA WOSSIE!!! Just go and buy a set, i am :yes:

Coldkiwi
3rd June 2005, 13:29
yeah yeah... i'm running flamin SC1 Supercorsas at the moment ya knobber! :p

I think i will grab a rear K2 thanks Nicko if you've got one there. The SC1 rear ain't too bad around town but a little more mileage would be nice. outright grip is always at stupid levels anyway so i'm sure it'll be a riot in the dry!

nicko
3rd June 2005, 14:06
TS has got first dibs on my K2 I've got but I've got a few Supercorsa SC2's there that'll match that front you've got. Give me a yell if you want to come round and have a looksee, I'll be around this weekend.

750Y
3rd June 2005, 14:38
...p.s. good catching up last night Dave - have fun at Puke and that tyre should be way better than what you had on!

cheers for the rubber Nick. Should do the trick nicely. unfortunately i got caught up killing sheep today so never had a chance to test it. maybe next week...

Coldkiwi
3rd June 2005, 17:00
SC2'll suit me fine Nick. I'd be more comfortable having the same shaped tyre on front/rear too. Will get in touch this w/e if I can