PDA

View Full Version : Very sad news!!

Sparky Bills
9th February 2006, 08:09
Well, I may be losing my license. Thats gona suck the big one!!!!!

As i live in Kapiti and work in the Hutt! Its going to make it pretty damn hard to get to work each day.

Train to Wellington then from Wellington to the Hutt.
DAMN IT!!!

Fishy
9th February 2006, 08:10
Thats no good mate, you may have to apply for a work licence but the are pricey!.

Grahameeboy
9th February 2006, 08:12
How long buddy?

Yes sad but think of the pleasure you had, time will run fast, summer almost over so you will be back on your bin sooner than you know it....let the train take the strain for a bit...:Oops:

Grahameeboy
9th February 2006, 08:13
Thats no good mate, you may have to apply for a work licence but the are pricey!.

See you have swapped the misses buddy.....:niceone:

Sniper
9th February 2006, 08:15
Bugger mate.

Str8 Jacket
9th February 2006, 08:15
Bummer dude, but maybe, just maybe you need to slow down.....

skelstar
9th February 2006, 08:16
That sucks mate. Sorry to hear about that.
Might be cheaper to move to the Hutt than commute?

Sparky Bills
9th February 2006, 08:19
MOVE TO THE HUTT!!!! Your a classic man!!:laugh:

At least ive been able to last the summer. Im happy about that.
I havnt lost it yet, but its not looking too good.

skelstar
9th February 2006, 08:21
CATCH TWO TRAINS!!!! You are also classic man :niceone:
Swap bikes and you might have to try and lose your licence :).

jimbo600
9th February 2006, 09:13
What a cunt mate. That a fucker. Did you get pulled again or something?

ManDownUnder
9th February 2006, 09:16
bit of a bugger - but as was mentioned... maybe it's a call for you to slow it down a bit?

What happened?

Also - anyone else out there in KB able to give a chap a lift into work for the next wee while?

cowpoos
9th February 2006, 09:23
isn't it a demerit issue?.....why don't you take it through the courts on ya last ticket and see how long your lawyer can deley it for...till you get some demerits back again.... ?

inlinefour
9th February 2006, 09:29
I rate that just as bad as the bike being knicked. Hope there is some way around it mate and yea, might need to behave eh?:soon:

riffer
9th February 2006, 09:40
Damn. Sorry to hear this Martin.

You've been on 95 demerits about as long as I was. Did you get nailed at Battle Hill?

Kornholio
9th February 2006, 09:40
Join the club mate...I just went to court yesterday and lost mine for 6 mths, and my job as tractor driver is up in the air a bit...got to check out some lawyers today to arrange a work license :/

Sparky Bills
9th February 2006, 09:51
isn't it a demerit issue?.....why don't you take it through the courts on ya last ticket and see how long your lawyer can deley it for...till you get some demerits back again.... ?

Yeah it is demerits. Its a long dragged out issue, but im not too confident.
Will just have to wait and see.
The next lot of points to fall off is in October!!!

Kornholio
9th February 2006, 09:56
Oh and CowPoos I did do a runner and he abandoned the chase but the bastard had good eyes and got my plate...........

cowpoos
9th February 2006, 10:01
Oh and CowPoos I did do a runner and he abandoned the chase but the bastard had good eyes and got my plate...........

your still a slow poof..... :Pokey:

Kornholio
9th February 2006, 10:13
your still a slow poof..... :Pokey:
Hey Im not a poof you worrier of small farm animals :eyepoke:

:banana:

skelstar
9th February 2006, 10:18
He worries the large animals too, but the small ones are a better fit.

*sic
9th February 2006, 10:20
ruined.

just gods way of saving you from a deadly crash.. :D

feel better?

Kornholio
9th February 2006, 10:33
ruined.

just gods way of saving you from a deadly crash.. :D

feel better?

Say whaaaat? :wacko:

SPORK
9th February 2006, 15:15
MOVE TO THE HUTT!!!! Your a classic man!!:laugh:

HEY!

:( be nice

Sparky Bills
9th February 2006, 15:58
HEY!

:( be nice

HAHA Sorry dude. Im only kidding.:dodge:

froggyfrenchman
9th February 2006, 16:09
its a sad dat when a man looses his licence. have been there mate, hated every second of it and thank god i got it back. However that hasnt detered me from winding the throttle open to the stop...

SPORK
9th February 2006, 17:31
That's a relief. You can make up for it by giving me some good deals. :)

cowpoos
9th February 2006, 18:10
its a sad dat when a man looses his licence. have been there mate, hated every second of it and thank god i got it back. However that hasnt detered me from winding the throttle open to the stop...

have you got a road bike dude... ????

Clockwork
9th February 2006, 18:13
He worries the large animals too, but the small ones are a better fit.
ROFLMAOWTIME :laugh: :lol: :rofl: :crybaby:

Coyote
9th February 2006, 18:15
But you're right. Only thing going for us here is the rimutakas are near by

speedpro
9th February 2006, 20:59
You could always move to Wainuiomata, favourite uncle, cheap groceries, lotsa young tarts. The list of pros goes on and on. Hell, you could even pushbike to work.

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:03
Don't hand me that "losing my licence" hard-done-by shit.

You know the law, you certainly know the speed limit. You went past it repeatedly, you lost your licence. Whoopy shit.

No sympathy here.

Kornholio
9th February 2006, 21:12
No sympathy here.

None taken :finger:

skidMark
9th February 2006, 23:48

You know the law, you certainly know the speed limit. You went past it repeatedly, you lost your licence. Whoopy shit.

No sympathy here.

you do have a point....

thus why i have a slow bike...to resist temptation....

ride the bike within the speed limit and enjoy it fucking round should be kept for the track..... too many cops round these dayd to do stupid shit on the roads.....

and now i better get to bed work in the morning...

oooo fox and friends is on prime lol

no must resist american friendly morning news ahhhhhh :woohoo: :rofl:

Big Dave
10th February 2006, 00:18

No sympathy here.

You gotta feel a little sorry for 'em. Hope the time passes quickly.

But I will say when I look at the types of bike I think - 'There's a surprise!'
Personally I am so 'over' litre sprotsbikes (unless they are at the track.)
I can't help myself wicking them up every now and then when I do get on one - but I'm not prepared to pay the price. mugs game.

Big Dave
10th February 2006, 00:22
you do have a point....

thus why i have a slow bike...to resist temptation....

ride the bike within the speed limit and enjoy it fucking round should be kept for the track..... too many cops round these dayd to do stupid shit on the roads.....

and now i better get to bed work in the morning...

oooo fox and friends is on prime lol

no must resist american friendly morning news ahhhhhh :woohoo: :rofl:

Here's a reality check jnr.
Your next bike will be your first - yer still on a toy.

loosebruce
10th February 2006, 08:00
Yea with WT there lol, it's only 3 months bro, and if you weren't such a pussy and pulled over all the time you wouldn't have to deal with losing your licence :Pokey:

You could always de numberplate and ride it like you stole it, reckon it'd do wonders for your track skills too :headbang:

loosebruce
10th February 2006, 08:02
[QUOTE=markauckland]

[QUOTE]

The track :eek5: wot dat? Keep it real people, to the streets :headbang:

skelstar
10th February 2006, 08:16
Im not sure that SBills is nessessarily looking sympathy here. Sounds like he could be more pissed with himself.

Alot more 'poor me its not my fault' stuff going on around here than this thread.

"We reap the seeds we sow" and all that.

Sparky Bills
10th February 2006, 08:17
HAHAHA!!!
WT and Loose..
You guys can be such tosses!:finger:

Where in any of my posts have i ask for anyones sympathy?:baby:

enigma51
10th February 2006, 08:20
HAHAHA!!!
WT and Loose..
You guys can be such tosses!:finger:

Where in any of my posts have i ask for anyones sympathy?:baby:

they just think they should get there feelings out before you ask so that you know not to bother. :spudguita

Sparky Bills
10th February 2006, 08:24
they just think they should get there feelings out before you ask so that you know not to bother. :spudguita

No, They just want to show everyone that they are big tough men and "dont care about anything" cause they are soo tough.:ar15:

skelstar
10th February 2006, 08:28
To be honest I felt the same way as WT until I decided to re-read the first post. Not sure about LB though :)

Sparky Bills
10th February 2006, 08:30
You could always move to Wainuiomata, favourite uncle, cheap groceries, lotsa young tarts. The list of pros goes on and on. Hell, you could even pushbike to work.

Cheap groceries??
Is there a Pack n Save in the Nui?:banana: :kick:

White trash
10th February 2006, 09:09
Actually, at 5 foot 10 and 65kg, I hardly consider myself "sooo tough". Bruce is pretty tough. The boy's a fucken monster, look at him.

People don't post threads on public forums with "sad/bad news" type titles unless they're looking for people to respond with "You poor cunt"

And as far as I'm concerned, there's far too much "woe is me" shit on this site from people getting speeding tickets/losing licences. We know the laws, we choose to break 'em, we should take our medicine.

Sparky Bills
10th February 2006, 09:45
Actually, at 5 foot 10 and 65kg, I hardly consider myself "sooo tough". Bruce is pretty tough. The boy's a fucken monster, look at him.

People don't post threads on public forums with "sad/bad news" type titles unless they're looking for people to respond with "You poor cunt"

And as far as I'm concerned, there's far too much "woe is me" shit on this site from people getting speeding tickets/losing licences. We know the laws, we choose to break 'em, we should take our medicine.

HAHA,
Wa hoping id get a little dig out of that.:done:

jimbo600
10th February 2006, 10:48

Fell off my MTB this morning and grazed my arm. Fucking woe is me fuckers.

Never hear of me whining about getting speeding tickets......no not ever.

cowpoos
10th February 2006, 10:59
Fell off my MTB this morning and grazed my arm. .

you alright jim be wim be oh...you want me to come kiss it better lil guy... :apint:

Big Dave
10th February 2006, 11:00
Actually, at 5 foot 10 and 65kg, I hardly consider myself "sooo tough".

You have reasonable backup however.

jimbo600
10th February 2006, 11:07
you alright jim be wim be oh...you want me to come kiss it better lil guy... :apint:

Yeah OK. Oh yeah I tore a chunk out of my hoop too!

cowpoos
10th February 2006, 11:23
Yeah OK. Oh yeah I tore a chunk out of my hoop too!

okay....I'll bring some lemon juice flavored lube then... :devil2:

jimbo600
10th February 2006, 11:35
okay....I'll bring some lemon juice flavored lube then... :devil2:

Bring on the ring sting

MD
10th February 2006, 17:29
Well it's no secret I hate the demerit system so I feel for you Martin. Even though you weren't looking for it.
I've just got myself a cycle - that's those skinny things you have to pedal, as a back up plan for D-Day if/when it ever happens.
Funny thing is I'm getting hooked on it. I would say it's far cheaper to run than the motorcycle but stuff me I can't work out the petrol consumption until it runs out, which so far is looking great. Can't even find where to put in the petrol, or attach the rego, or who rips me off to give it a WOF? Until then it looks like free running.
At this stage I can't see any need to fit the radar detector.
Hey Martin non of these caring bastards have offered to help out. So let me look after the CBR for the duration. You don't want the battery going flat and tyres go stale if not circulated regularly.

ajturbo
10th February 2006, 19:18
hey sparky.....

bummer...

but i have the answer for you..

why don't you just set up a bed at work?.... let the boss make your breaky when he arives for work ( also get you out of bed!)
you will never be late,
you will have the envy of the whole KBer's...being able to sleep with ANY bike you want..

AJ:Pokey:

Edbear
10th February 2006, 19:54
You lot are all nutters! And that's what makes biking such fun! Of course we all know the rules and if we choose to break them we have to be realistic. My job depends on my licence, too, so I'm rather choosy about where and when I deal to the cobwebs that must surely lurk in the bowels of my GSX. Often wonder how riders of K5 Gixxers and R1's, etc. cope with the fact that these rocket propelled machines can exceed 160k/mh in 1st! I'm hitting 5th by then!:rockon:

Drum
10th February 2006, 20:00
How many orificers on Haywards Hill during commuting hours anyway?

cowpoos
10th February 2006, 20:04

what do u care....can el250's break the speed limit... :done:

The_Dover
10th February 2006, 20:26
what do u care....can el250's break the speed limit... :done:

If they are going down hill with a tail wind, gravity is great,

myvice
10th February 2006, 21:09
Its just a little while, think of the gas you'll save...

cowpoos
10th February 2006, 21:13
If they are going down hill with a tail wind, gravity is great,

you hav that problem aye bro...

Drum
10th February 2006, 21:52
Whats the hurry anyway?

The_Dover
10th February 2006, 22:08
you hav that problem aye bro...

Yeah, your titties ain't what they were when you was younger.

loosebruce
11th February 2006, 13:40
Often wonder how riders of K5 Gixxers and R1's, etc. cope with the fact that these rocket propelled machines can exceed 160k/mh in 1st! I'm hitting 5th by then!:rockon:

Well it's fairly easy to cope, coz by the time you hit 3rd gear the tax collectors are well gone. Time to upgrade the GSX mate

Fatjim
11th February 2006, 13:51
You have reasonable backup however.

You'd have to with some of the things he says.

Edbear
11th February 2006, 13:52
By "cope", I mean how do you suffer along at the speed limit? At least on the 600F I can pootle along at 105-110k quite happily, but if I come across a suitably deserted road that is conducive to a squirt, I can be hitting the double tonne in double quick time. Of course my idea of "double quick" and your idea as a Thou owner may be two differrent things! I can remember overtaking a couple slow cages on the Coatesville/Riverhead road one day, and as I hit redline in 3rd, thinking I was doing pretty well, an R1 blasted past at warp factor 3! Kept him in sight for, oh, at least 5 seconds!

Kornholio
11th February 2006, 16:44
I can be hitting the double tonne

Your bike does 320???:eek5:

Winston001
11th February 2006, 18:08

Doesn't work I'm afraid. The demerit points normally only arise upon conviction - which occurs when you pay the fine which is effectively a guilty plea.

But you used to be able to delay that by defending the speeding ticket which wasted a couple of months and could extend time enough to stay within the 100 points.

However the law now says that the demerits run from the date of the offence. So delay isn't as effective as it used to be.

cowpoos
11th February 2006, 19:55
Doesn't work I'm afraid. The demerit points normally only arise upon conviction - which occurs when you pay the fine which is effectively a guilty plea.

But you used to be able to delay that by defending the speeding ticket which wasted a couple of months and could extend time enough to stay within the 100 points.

However the law now says that the demerits run from the date of the offence. So delay isn't as effective as it used to be.

must be a recent law? I hav first hand experience at extending my demirts for 3mnths [that was in august]...

sels1
17th February 2006, 22:09
Sheesh Martin, sorry to hear the news.

As i live in Kapiti and work in the Hutt! Its going to make it pretty damn hard to get to work each day.

Does Blakamin still comute over to the Hutt? (havnt seen him for a while, but he works just down the rd from you) - he might give you lift...but you might have to lend him yr bike :laugh:

scumdog
18th February 2006, 00:03
Yeah it is demerits. Its a long dragged out issue, but im not too confident.
Will just have to wait and see.
The next lot of points to fall off is in October!!!

Explain to me (not being smart or anything) how the hell when you get to 70+ demerits you let yourself be caught AGAIN???

I'm pretty sure that under those conditions I would be paranoid as hell about any other possible tickets.

Please let me know - even if you have to PM me.

scumdog
18th February 2006, 00:11

Now ain't this a truism to beat them all??
More power to you WT for saying it like it is.:Punk:

Fatjim
18th February 2006, 06:35
Hey soften up SD.

scumdog
18th February 2006, 09:53
Hey soften up SD.
O.K., had just got home from a shit-load of sob stories and had a Bundy 'mood-enhancer' when I posted that.:angry2:

Bloody good thing I'm not like that while at work eh??:mellow: :calm:

terbang
19th February 2006, 10:02
O.K., had just got home from a shit-load of sob stories and had a Bundy 'mood-enhancer' when I posted that.:angry2:

Bloody good thing I'm not like that while at work eh??:mellow: :calm:

That post is more appropriate to:http://powertrippingrozzers.com
:bs:

RT527
19th February 2006, 11:10

Hey dude where did this happen....?
i might have been listning to that happining on the radio....(im a fireman and we share the police channel).
I remember thinking man that bikers screwed.:slap:

RT527
19th February 2006, 11:18

Prolly about 50 now you went done and tolled!!!:Oops: :brick: :psst:

scumdog
19th February 2006, 16:39
That post is more appropriate to:http://powertrippingrozzers.com
:bs:

I'm not sure what part of the post could be labelled 'power trip'?:scratch: :spudwhat:

NC
19th February 2006, 17:18
I've lost mine before, I got over it.:mellow:

Kornholio
20th February 2006, 11:33
Hey dude where did this happen....?
i might have been listning to that happining on the radio....(im a fireman and we share the police channel).
I remember thinking man that bikers screwed.:slap:

Umm was near TeAroha(TeAroha West to be exact), you werent listening in with a local car painter were ya?

madboy
20th February 2006, 13:23
I've lost mine before, I got over it.:mellow:Yeah, 3 x for me. And I spent 21 months sitting on 95 demerits one time. Complete bloody miracle that I never got busted then.

Honesty might be the best policy, but it sure costs a lot of money! Runners average out cheaper.

And it's not the big speeds that suck your license away, it's the piddly little ones. The 121s on the mway, the 70s in 50s in the middle of the night. For some reason the 221s seem to be cheaper.

RT527
20th February 2006, 19:51
Nah i live in ngatea and was listning to one getting chased on the expressway over in te kauwhata.
I dont listen to scanners,only time i listen in is when im in the truck heading to or home from a call out.But then again i might be mistaken about where it was, it could have been you and i got the units mixed up :)