PDA

View Full Version : Riding gear

Mrs Busa Pete
9th February 2006, 05:14
As this is for the female's of kb i have a question i have been trying to get myself some leathers i am quite short and can't find any that fit they all seem to be to long is there any one out there that can direct me to a brand or make that make short styles.next problem is helmet what brand is the better one for a small head xs is to small and small is a little to big.small is ok when new but once i have been wearing a little while it gets floppy.Thanks in advance busapete pillion.

Joni
9th February 2006, 06:20
Leathers cut for short people (or more tall than average too) your best bet would be Rev'it - from Motomail. First time in my life I found something that fits perfect! :yeah:

Regarding the helmet Im sorry I cant help - I might be a shortie but I wear a medium helmet. Riff Raff would be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Riff Raff
9th February 2006, 07:14
Regarding the helmet Im sorry I cant help - I might be a shortie but I wear a medium helmet. Riff Raff would be able to point you in the right direction.

That's cos you got so much hair!

Shoei helmets have the best fit for smaller heads, and they're a lot lighter then the cheaper helmets you can buy.

jazbug5
9th February 2006, 08:31
And I just got an AGV XS (Stealth). That and the Shoei were the only ones that fit me. If you don't get quite the bottom of the range, also, the lining is removable & clean-able (both brands) and I believe it is possible to get extra lining to pad out- useful if a helmet's been worn a fair bit and is becoming looser.
(BTW, you probably will know that a helmet should give you 'chipmonk cheeks' and be really snug- with use, they become looser, so the snugger the better... but worth re-iterating for newbie readers.)

Keystone19
9th February 2006, 09:43
Just to bring this thread back to where it is supposed to be...:innocent:

As RiffRaff says, Shoei helmets are good for people with smaller heads and larger brain matter. I find Spidi fits really well although I believe Revit or Macna are good fitting stuff too..

magicfairy
9th February 2006, 10:40
As this is for the female's of kb i have a question i have been trying to get myself some leathers i am quite short and can't find any that fit they all seem to be to long is there any one out there that can direct me to a brand
I bought a pair of leather bike pants at a leather shop that fitted but were too long (I am 5ft tall) in Wellington then took them to a shoe / leather repairer to have them shortened. They took out zips, shortened them and put zips back in. I think it cost around $20-30 but it was a couple of years ago. But they did a good job , haven't had any problems.