PDA

View Full Version : Respect of anothers bike

MadDuck
9th February 2006, 20:44
Heres the scenario. A mate is stuck for a ride and needs a bike for a couple of weeks. I say have my ride because I dont ride it every day. Its in my gargre so as a friend you will be doing me a favour. Organise a service

One day I go on to KB and see (having done the ultmate Im outa here thingy...shit its part of being on KB)...yes its a tyre burnout. My tyre burn out. Damn wish I had the chance to do that.

Hell didnt know my tyre was shot....Didnt get the chance to inspect Its done a few kms. I get a text. Your bike is doing stunts...say what?

SixPackBack
9th February 2006, 20:51
Hmm...said person will loose a few repect points no doubt....personally i would be fecked off it was my bike...not cool:2guns:

White trash
9th February 2006, 20:51
Sorry luv, don't agree on this one.

Man lends me a bike and sez "Whatchaupto?"

I'm like, "The usual"

He (or her) knows to expect that shit's gonna get ill Full Stop

There'll be photos, storys, and general bullshit spouted for days about it.

btw that tyre was fucked

NhuanH
9th February 2006, 20:54
not sure if Duckky had that in mind as part of the 'usual' running of her SV.

MadDuck
9th February 2006, 20:55
I know the tyre was fucked WT. But I would have like the chance to fuck it more...Luv :P

FROSTY
9th February 2006, 21:06
Please note said burnoutee had already told the bike owner that the rear tyre was fucked--11000km from a rear tyre. Also said burnoutee had already purchased a nice set of prescrubbed tyres ready to be fitted.
The bike in question diddnt need a sidestand -the tyre was so square

2_SL0
9th February 2006, 21:08
Well, If I lent my bike I would expect it to be treated the way I treat it. Yes you would have to stop every 30mins and give it a clean. WT you would struggle with that alone, I understand. So the simple answer is the bike should of been treated in the same manner as MD treats it. But depending on who I lent the bike to would also indicate my concern for the kept condition of said bike. No offence WT but if I lent you my bike I would be well aware it would get raped.
With regards to MD's bike my guess is someone had brain failure at that exact moment.
Testosterone is a powerful thing.

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:09
No offence WT but if I lent you my bike I would be well aware it would get raped.

Soooo.....is that an offer?

Regardless of who did what and why... wouldn't this be another of those things better suited to PM / eMails?

2_SL0
9th February 2006, 21:10
Please note said burnoutee had already told the bike owner that the rear tyre was fucked--11000km from a rear tyre. Also said burnoutee had already purchased a nice set of prescrubbed tyres ready to be fitted.
The bike in question diddnt need a sidestand -the tyre was so square

So that makes it right. Im not having a dig.

2_SL0
9th February 2006, 21:12
Soooo.....is that an offer?

lol.:eek: :eek5:

MadDuck
9th February 2006, 21:14
Weasal..the pictures were posted in the open forums after an open KB ride...so the overflow will be there too

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:14
Regardless of who did what and why... wouldn't this be another of those things better suited to PM / eMails?

No. We're all friends here.

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:18
I thought this was all hypothetical but I've just seen the shots!

That's fucken not right and were it me, I'd be taking my new, steel backed Quasimoto Rage gloves and thumping the shit outta something.

The people who lend me bikes expect me to ride like I do and get a kick out of it. Unless it's Riff raffs pride and joy and then I treat the machine how she would, albeit with a little elevation from the front. Common courtesay.

Frosty, buy that girl a bunch of flowers and do her dishes for the next six months.

(Now MD. There's this little thing in a couple of months at Meremere and, well, I've only got three bikes to use and.....)

NhuanH
9th February 2006, 21:24
That's fucken not right and were it me, I'd be taking my new, steel backed Quasimoto Rage gloves and thumping the shit outta something.
MD, you want some karma return and the lend of some Dainese glubs, while waiting for the Quasimoto "Jake Hekes"?

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:27
MD, you want some karma return and the lend of some Dainese glubs, while waiting for the Quasimoto "Jake Hekes"?

I'll fucken Jake Heke you in a minute Jandal man. Don't make me get the Bowflextm bicep out......

NhuanH
9th February 2006, 21:30
I'll fucken Jake Heke you in a minute Jandal man. Don't make me get the Bowflex tm bicep out......
you forget pasty-White Trash, people have seen your living promo for Bowflex. More like an ad for eating disorders.

It took some almost Weta Works magic to even give you a tan!

cowpoos
9th February 2006, 21:32
I find this very hard to believe....I lent Mr Trash my gix and it came back with more tread on the tyres....and he wasn't able to wheelie the thing for gods sake... Piffft... and could barely shake a pom with a 32kg weight handicap [among handicaps] on a 600....was unfuckin believe able and quite disapointing...

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:33
Right you short arsed little Kumandsukme rider. It's on now.

You want me to do another wheelie and distarct your attention so you mow down a row of bikes at the side of the road? Huh?

I've done it once, don't make me again.....

Or better still, I'll get Zapf to come out and show you how us REAL men ride Gixxers. Huh? You want some more of that?

MadDuck
9th February 2006, 21:37

Or better still, I'll get Zapf to come out and show you how us REAL men ride Gixxers. Huh? You want some more of that?

Why for you give us short people grieve TrashMan. I wait for the Zapf ...oh yeah that will be entertaining. AZNs are way worse than short people

NhuanH
9th February 2006, 21:39
:rofl: well, what can one say to that?? Best get in quick before the zapf Gixxer get's sold. it finally got set up properly too: not turning in too quickly, rock hard suspension adjusted, horrible BT014s off...

Nice hack of your own train of thought though, about your Jake-tha-Muss Bowflex bicep. How about back to that Karen Carpenter?

FROSTY
9th February 2006, 21:41
sheesh --thought this was sposed to be about trashing other peoples buikes not short skinny people.
mind you Now said bike has a lower seat therell be no more short person jokes

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:44
How about back to that Karen Carpenter?

Meh......more into that Ginger Minj Gerry doin "It's rainin' men"....

MadDuck
9th February 2006, 21:51
Title of the thread is respect.

I dont give shit about , skiny, fat or whatever. I leant my bike out and didnt expect to see the photos I did.

NhuanH
9th February 2006, 21:52
sheesh --thought this was sposed to be about trashing other peoples buikes not short skinny people.
hey, hey, Jimmy's not that short.

White trash
9th February 2006, 21:53
Point taken. An appologie's in order someshere here.

And it aint from me. NuanH's gay.

MadDuck
9th February 2006, 21:57
Point taken. An appologie's in order someshere here.

And it aint from me. NuanH's gay.
Yes he is but its a secret

NhuanH
9th February 2006, 22:00
Just because I have dedicated my life to the Order of Tha Jandal (tm), does not infer anything.

cowpoos
9th February 2006, 22:11
Just because I have dedicated my life to the Order of Tha Jandal (tm), does not infer anything.

just clear one thing up for us then.....why do you ride a orange kawasaki?

N4CR
9th February 2006, 22:22
Red ain't it? Another homo has an orange one I thaught

kro
10th February 2006, 05:33
The bike is sacred, you don't dick with it, you use it, but treat it like royalty, and don't have speeding camera fines loaded against ya mates license, and certainly don't give it the treatment you would your own bike with mono's, stoppies, and shredders.

If the tyre is being replaced straight after a shredder, I guess thats mostly OK, but make sure its rubber that the owner would put on the bike, or the same as whats on there.

buellbabe
10th February 2006, 06:32
If I needed to borrow someone elses bike and they were good enuf to lend it I would treat it BETTER than my own bike and would expect the same if the tables were turned. I apply this philosophy to ANYTHING I borrow and in the past have been so disgusted at the state in which things have been returned to me that I have become somewhat reluctant to lend belongings, be that a bike car or whatever.

FROSTY
10th February 2006, 06:56
Before passing comment -'d suggest one and all visit Cycletreads.
Or prhaps get the guys fom treads to post a picture of the tyre in question.
There is more to the story than meets the eye.-but look at the tyre and you will understand.

Jackrat
10th February 2006, 07:02
I've lent a bike to an ex mate,had it abused an never had another thing to do with him.
You borrow a persons bike it goes back with a full tank and having been treated better than you would treat your own.
As MD said,it's about respect an that shouldn't need explaining.

Firefight
10th February 2006, 07:09
If I lent the bike to someone like Jimmy, MR, Two smoker, Robo medic or Losse B, I would do so knowing what ruff buggers they are and would accept what ever happened(have done so in the past)

However anyone else that treated my bike like they would get shit !!

I don,t like Frosty much, but I do know he is a very good rider, have watched him on the track and ridden with him on the road, I would trust him to ride my bike. I also know he has done heaps to help others on the site.

I also don,t know what the understanding was about the loan of the bike,or the condition of the tyre, so my comments here are only how I would feel, and am not taking sides,the people involved are senior KBers, and both have done heaps to help others, so maybe this can be sorted off line.

F/F

FROSTY
10th February 2006, 07:23
I think any furthur comment needs to be from the bikes owner when they next ride their bike.
As I posted earlier theres more to this than meets the eye and a visit to cycletreads will certainly have a few eyes popping out.

yungatart
10th February 2006, 07:33
MSTRS always says-Never lend your motorbike, lawnmower or woman as they'll all come back f.....! Meybe good advice madduck (except about the woman bit for you)

Lou Girardin
10th February 2006, 08:40
Damn right yungatart. Only one other person can ride my bike, and that's because I'm on his.
Mutually assured destruction.

ManDownUnder
10th February 2006, 08:48
I dunno about others, but I personall treat the gear of others to their standards, or mine - whichever is the higher.

It's like borrowing tools. Those that work with them will realise what a "sacred" thing borrowing a tool is. You look after it, use it well, and return it in better nick than you borrowed it.

Same thing applies to a bike - in my mind.

I would be severely pissed off if someone borrowed my bike and thrashed it or destroyed part of it. Don't assume you can do that the the property of another - even if there is a replacement part available.

Ask first - always... ask first.
MDU out

ManDownUnder
10th February 2006, 08:53
What follows is a completely personal interpretation of what I THINK happened - I don't know all the facts... but...

misguided rant
Reading this through - I suspect this is a case of a good deed being done (a new tire) and a little fun being had along the way.

Guys/gals Don't turn this into WW3 ok? MadDuck and FROSTY. You're both fucken awesome people - there is a simple difference in values here. Time for each of you to take a little lesson on the chin - talk about it, buy each other a drink and carry on with life.

/misguided rant

Firefight
10th February 2006, 08:56
What follows is a completely personal interpretation of what I THINK happened -

/misguided rant

yep, what MDU said,

tired to rep you, next time maybe.

F/F

cowpoos
10th February 2006, 08:58
If I lent the bike to someone like Jimmy, MR, Two smoker, Robo medic or Losse B, I would do so knowing what ruff buggers they are and would accept what ever happened(have done so in the past)

However anyone else that treated my bike like they would get shit !!

I don,t like Frosty much, but I do know he is a very good rider, have watched him on the track and ridden with him on the road, I would trust him to ride my bike. I also know he has done heaps to help others on the site.

I also don,t know what the understanding was about the loan of the bike,or the condition of the tyre, so my comments here are only how I would feel, and am not taking sides,the people involved are senior KBers, and both have done heaps to help others, so maybe this can be sorted off line.

F/F

would ya lend me ya bike dude...I ain't ridden a arse sex before...

Badcat
10th February 2006, 09:02
I've lent a bike to an ex mate,had it abused an never had another thing to do with him.
You borrow a persons bike it goes back with a full tank and having been treated better than you would treat your own.
As MD said,it's about respect an that shouldn't need explaining.

sage words as usual Jackrat.
messing with a man's (or woman's) bike is not cool.
and a burnout streesses a lot more than the tyre.
if i caught someone doing that to my bike they would need jandal extraction surgery.

ManDownUnder
10th February 2006, 09:13
Hey Frosty - block your ears...

Frosty's a good bastard - one of the goodest I've come across in a long while. If he did what I think he did... it was with good intent, and his enthusiasm simply had a little harmless fun with a bit of rubber that was to be biffed anyway.

From his point of view I expect there is no harm done, and he could be confused about what the big deal is. I have similar tendencies myself (as some of you may have noticed) and a fucken good laugh while having harmless fun will nearly always be taken up.

"A little bit of the devil" in one's character is a good think - I think anyway. For some reason adults aren't supposed to be cheeky - buggered if I know why. I am and I enjoy it!

edit - FROSTY, MD, I'll put my money where my mouth is . if guys bury the hatchet, I'll buy the beers. You're welcome to take it or leave it - the where and when is about to be PM'd over.

On the other hand - if I need to shut the fuck up and mind my own business - I'm happy to do so. Your call guys

FROSTY
10th February 2006, 17:42
Madduck is very much aware of the real situation.
You lot are seeing a war where none exists.:moon:
There is no hatchet to bury here.
Maduck is and prolly always will be one of my good freinds :nya:
As I suggested several times--before making comment please visit cycletreads and see the um "evidence"
I have issues with a tyre made in 1998 being fitted to a modern bike