PDA

View Full Version : Check out the "Chicken Strips"!

White trash
30th March 2004, 08:36
This is the only time you will ever see a shot like these!

Chicken strips on the edge of the Yo Shows tyres! I'm amazed as I've never seen this phenominon occur on any of his other bikes. Maybe he's getting soft, maybe the new girlfriend is slowing him down. Or maybe, he's lulling me into a false sense of security before he gives me an absolute hiding.

More than likely! :angry:

SPman
30th March 2004, 08:45
Its not bad for a new bike, 5k back from the shop on a cold afternoon! :whistle:

White trash
30th March 2004, 08:51
Right, I'm off for a hoon on this thing.

I'll let you all know soon.

White trash
30th March 2004, 09:53
OMG :eek5:

See http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2447

I want one!

aff-man
30th March 2004, 10:40
do you have pics of tyre so we have a before and after shot ???

White trash
30th March 2004, 10:43
Listen here, Sonny!

If Johann "Peoples hero" Bruns leaves chicken strips, do you honestly think a mere mortal such as myself could do better?

Let me just make a quick comparison so I don't embarras myself! :shutup:

aff-man
30th March 2004, 10:46
:Pokey: :bleh:

merv
30th March 2004, 12:14
Yeah give the hero time to get the bike outa the shop.

Cajun
30th March 2004, 12:24
where is my gsxr600 )c:< i want the demo so i can check my knees so they can get my yellow/black one, i been waiting months for

Holy Roller
30th March 2004, 15:57
So thats what they are :niceone:
I doubt that mine could get any closer :whocares:
Modern tyres certainly are trick :not: not like the 80's.

750Y
30th March 2004, 16:14
i wish my chicken strips were that small!. i think i'll go out to the shed with some 80 grit so they don't laugh at me anymore.

White trash
30th March 2004, 16:17
i wish my chicken strips were that small!. i think i'll go out to the shed with some 80 grit so they don't laugh at me anymore.
I've seen Jimbo750 doing that when he's not "enhancing" his riding pics with photo-shop ;)

riffer
30th March 2004, 16:58
Crikey - and I thought I was a poofta for having 5-7mm chicken strips!

Motoracer
30th March 2004, 17:11
I got a chicken strip on left hand side but not the right. Hopefully, thats soon to change this weekend. Rock on GIXERS. :Punk:

White trash
30th March 2004, 17:16
I tell you what, M/Racer. If you have no "chicken strips" on those tyres on the road, then you're a fucken riding god and I'll be staying the HELL outta your way when we meet on the 23rd.

Super Corsas curl like a bitch :Punk:

Motoracer
30th March 2004, 17:22
Na na, mate. I prolly shouldn't have said anything. I'll just let you fast boys show me the way around the track on 23rd. The tire shape round the edges did look like they were impossilbe to go to the edge on but I was pretty proud of my self when I did get that far. Obviously I need to improve my lefties though.

Deano
30th March 2004, 17:22
I tell you what, M/Racer. If you have no "chicken strips" on those tyres on the road, then you're a fucken riding god and I'll be staying the HELL outta your way when we meet on the 23rd.

Super Corsas curl like a bitch :Punk:

None on the rear, but the front tells a slightly different story - its a keen man that brakes hard into corners.....Manfeild maybe but the road?...... :ride:

Deano
30th March 2004, 17:25
Na na, mate. I prolly shouldn't have said anything. I'll just let you fast boys show me the way around the track on 23rd. The tire shape round the edges did look like they were impossilbe to go to the edge on but I was pretty proud of my self when I did get that far. Obviously I need to improve my lefties though.

I dunno if the tighter corners at Puke are good for losing the chicken strips, but I heard the kink on the main straight is BLOODY fast - like 290kmh on gixxr 1000. Sounds scary...probably feels like more than just a kink at that speed ??

White trash
30th March 2004, 17:35
I dunno if the tighter corners at Puke are good for losing the chicken strips, but I heard the kink on the main straight is BLOODY fast - like 290kmh on gixxr 1000. Sounds scary...probably feels like more than just a kink at that speed ??

So you'll come with us on the 23rd to try it out?

Course ya will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deano
30th March 2004, 17:41
So you'll come with us on the 23rd to try it out?

Course ya will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty keen, just deciding whether to ride up or trust that nutter 'cycosis' behind the wheel of his van and chuck the bike on a trailer.

Lucky the van doesn't do 270kph.

Two Smoker
30th March 2004, 17:51
My chicken strips are about 2-3mm either side because my pegs scrap before i get to the outer edge :(

Big Dog
30th March 2004, 18:11
I have big fat strips. I guess that might have to do with the primary use being a commuter.

In my younger and stupider days the dimples were gone on the outside of the tyre pretty quick.

Back before responsibility,
Back when biking was cheap,
Back when falling off was just another tax,

I feel so old admitting my rubber is limper in the middle because I don't go as hard any more.

BurnCycle
31st March 2004, 07:44
Strips? (http://www.mariposaderojo.com/Pics/TLS/Track2/Tire4.jpg)

Just remember strips are no indication of skill. I've seen some riders with no strips because they refuse to lean with the bike and others with strips that can make me look like I'm on a Vespa.

And no, that wasn't done on the street.

White trash
31st March 2004, 07:49
Mate, I wouldn't be worried about chicken strips!

You got the worst case of Gigantisism I ever saw! :laugh:

Cajun
31st March 2004, 07:49
my gsxr600 won't be run in by the 23th )c:< and i don't think i be allowed to 'borrow' the wifes vtr1000f any how, could use the bandit 600 tho, i took that around taupo before.

White trash
31st March 2004, 07:51
You should run it in at the track?

You don't want to sell your Bandit 6 do you?

Cajun
31st March 2004, 08:01
nah the bandit 6 not mine its the mother in laws, its good little bike we got it brand new in 2000 last of the old shape, only done like 20,000kms in that time.

i be selling my gsxr1100wt for the gsxr600, i am planning on clocking up the first 1000km in the first week, so if i can get the one i want asap and clock up the milage i might be there, wanna be over 1000kms at least before i take it to the track, but if i do i be riding around like a pussy,

Posh Tourer :P
31st March 2004, 08:24
I got a chicken strip on left hand side but not the right. Hopefully, thats soon to change this weekend. Rock on GIXERS. :Punk:

Happened also to me...had to make a concerted effort to go equally both sides....hard to do when you feel like you dont have the "runout" space of the other lane going round righthanders. However, I've now seen I can get toe down on the right, but sidestand scrapes first on the left. Toe down on a beemer tourer is a long way.......

SPman
31st March 2004, 11:36
Mate, I wouldn't be worried about chicken strips!

You got the worst case of Gigantisism I ever saw! :laugh:
But he's only riding a TL100S :baby:

BurnCycle
31st March 2004, 11:42
But he's only riding a TL100S :baby:

:Oops:

First time for everthing...

Drew
6th April 2004, 12:27
I too have an FZR, but I must say that the chicken strips it had when I got it were gone inside of two hours.
Must have something to do with the hill I have to ride over to get home.

James Deuce
6th April 2004, 12:39
I had a mental ride on the weekend.

There is no Chicken Strip left on the front tyre

Interesting wear pattern too. The rear tyre was feathered up nicely too. It was supposed to be a quiet ride with some quiet mates who don't ride much. I ended up haring off in front, and stopping at various intersections to take photos as they arrived.

Motoracer
6th April 2004, 13:05
Nicely done man! Might be time to start looking for a new front. Soon it'll start acting bitchy in the wet.

Big Dog
6th April 2004, 15:37
I had a mental ride on the weekend.

There is no Chicken Strip left on the front tyre

Interesting wear pattern too. The rear tyre was feathered up nicely too. It was supposed to be a quiet ride with some quiet mates who don't ride much. I ended up haring off in front, and stopping at various intersections to take photos as they arrived.
What? No rim damage lol :lol:

I only ride on the road so I can't forsee ever getting that kind of coverage on the front. :innocent:

Vagabond
6th April 2004, 15:53
:brick: These are my Chicken Strips !