PDA

View Full Version : Got my basic handling certificate!

Rosie
10th February 2006, 08:30
Contrary to popular opinion, it was hard work.
For those not fortunate enough to live in the central north island, it has been absolutely hosing down here. The bike we used for the test was approximately as old as me (and appeared to have original tyres). So I had to work very hard not to lock the wheels up and skid, even doing about 10km/h. A useful learning experience.
But that doesn't matter, because I passed!! :wari:
I'll go to the AA and see about my scratch and win test at lunchtime.
R.

ManDownUnder
10th February 2006, 08:33
:niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

:banana:

Fishy
10th February 2006, 08:36
Good stuff Rosie!.

Str8 Jacket
10th February 2006, 08:36
Congrats chick! :wari: Good luck for your scratchy test thingy, though im sure you'll be fine! :msn-wink:
Heres hoping for a fine weekend so you can gets lots of riding in!

Qman
10th February 2006, 08:37
Well done

The scrach test is all about common sence, you will have no probs

MSTRS
10th February 2006, 08:50
See. we told you it was easy.
Well done tho

skelstar
10th February 2006, 08:52
Nice one.
I remember in my '40km/h -> 0km/h' test I couldnt stop locking up the rear wheel. I was a mtbiker and wouldnt squeeze the front brakes enough. The guy said I could have the bike if I made the front lock up (it wasnt wet). :)

Str8 Jacket
10th February 2006, 09:21
The guy said I could have the bike if I made the front lock up (it wasnt wet). :)

LMAO! Did you do the course with Andrew Templeton? Sounds like something he'd say!

skelstar
10th February 2006, 09:31
Nah, the Wainui-based one.

phoenixgtr
10th February 2006, 09:32
Congrats Rosie

Skel, if it was like one of the GP125's I did my course on then I wouldn't want the bike :laugh:

Str8 Jacket
10th February 2006, 09:46
Skel, if it was like one of the GP125's I did my course on then I wouldn't want the bike :laugh:

Yeah, but there pretty indestructable!

skelstar
10th February 2006, 09:50
Hey come on pgtr! That was the bike a lost my virginity on (and hundreds of other blokes Im guessing). Was it good for you too? :banana:

phoenixgtr
10th February 2006, 10:00
Oh yeah. That "mature" machine was my first ride. It felt so good. Like nothing I had experienced before

EDIT: Damn, I would have rep'd you for that but it won't let me

skelstar
10th February 2006, 10:07
It wont let you share the love huh?...unlike that slapper GP125. She told me I was her first...I shouldnt have believed her but hey 'the the heat of battle' and all that.

I could tell she had been around the block a few times.:)

phoenixgtr
10th February 2006, 10:15
She broke your heart didn't she? She used you, just like all the others

Sorry Rosie

.produKt
11th February 2006, 19:40
Good on ya Rosie :)

Have you won your licence yet?... :D lol @ won

Insanity_rules
13th February 2006, 06:01
Hey Rosie,
I did mine on Sunday morning (At 8am!!!!!!!!) I didn't know there was an 8am on a Sunday. I did mine at Stephens Driving School in Lower Hutt (Wellyvegas).

I totally here ya about the bikes, I did mine on a Honda CB125 Twin that I think perhaps Gengus Khan might have done his licence on. It was so old it needed a grandfather clock to time a quarter mile and talk about cutting edge breaking. Real hard work.

Well I'm off to sit my scratch and win today!!!!