PDA

View Full Version : 2004 GSX-R600

White trash
30th March 2004, 09:46
Holy shit! Where do I start?

The price $15999, that should sway a few already. It's $1K cheaper than R6/Daytona and $1500 less than CBR600RR.

When you first climb on the new machine, it feels narower and smaller than last years. At standstill the steering is very light, indicating a much lighter steering damper. The fairing blade is narower at the top, and the bars are also not as wide. The new radial style master cylinder for the front brake gives the lever assembly a wierd look but it feels great. Pegs are higher and you lean much farther forward too.

Switch on the ignition and you get the trade mark GSXR "whistle" from the fuel pump. The shift light is programable between 5-16k on the tacho. You have to turn it on if you use it but for road riding I find it totaly wank and not much more.

Thumb the starter button (no fast idle leaver now) and the bike fires instantly. No exhaust noise to speak of but at idle you can hear the air intakes sucking allready! Give the throttle a nudge and you're rewarded with the quickest reving engine I've ever sat on. Instant, instant revs. The new ventilation holes in the crankcase are partly responsible, plus lighter engine internals.

Grab 1st and with a bit of gas, you're rolling. A little less initial torque than my bike but Yo's only done 230km overnight so it's still "tight". Once moving this thing picks up revs like you would not believe!

Up around the basin on cold tyres and the lack of steering effort is incomprehensible. RGV owners will know this feeling well. Bridgestone 014's are awesome even when cold and easily as grippy as the Diablos I tried on the Daytona 600.

Once you get to the twisties, you really appreciate how much better this bike is over last years. It turns a lot better and front end feel is unsurpassed. The radial mount front brakes are HUGELY superior to my bike both in feedback and power.

Riding hard on Alexander Rd (bumpy and twisty) the front get's more flighty than previous models. Steeper steering angle and lighter damper are the culprits and although it never got ugly, it's a hell of a lot more lively than the K3. I enjoy this as it feels more like you're riding the bike.

Power is not hugely more but the way it delivers it is unreal! Just builds and builds right through the rev range. This thing wheelies off the throttle in 2nd out of turns, even without trying!

So, out of the box it rocks! With a little setting up and an exhaust/filter/dyno tune, nothing will touch it.

Where the HELL is my 750?!

:sly:

If you get a chance, ride one. If not, watch your mirrors closley as one will be coming past you soon.

White trash
30th March 2004, 12:05
Oh yeah!

It's got a 32 bit processor, what ever the hell that means!

Coldkiwi
30th March 2004, 12:07
sounds like suzuki aren't waiting to get left behind then in the 600's. I wonder if they'll do a race rep job later in the year?
dunno about the flightyness WT... you like that? guess it just takes getting used to.

White trash
30th March 2004, 12:12
Love it! Hate a full on Tank slapper but a bit of headshake lets you know you're up it.

aff-man
30th March 2004, 12:16
it means that the processor can do more at the same time (i think it is a bit of overkill we run more shit on smaller processors at tech) unless of course the display is really really cool

Cajun
30th March 2004, 12:18
how you find out that price?

how you had one to ride?

Bastard i waiting for dealer to tell me how much and get one for me to demo so i can find out if my legs arn't to long so then i can get one since i am like 6'3+-

White trash
30th March 2004, 12:24
how you find out that price?

how you had one to ride?

Bastard i waiting for dealer to tell me how much and get one for me to demo so i can find out if my legs arn't to long so then i can get one since i am like 6'3+-

Jump on your bike, get down here to Wellington. I'll try and sort you a demo ride and see if we can't sell you one.

To be honest though, you may find it bloody uncomfortable.

The bike I rode is Johann Bruns race bike. He may let others ride it I'm not sure.

Cajun
30th March 2004, 12:33
Jump on your bike, get down here to Wellington. I'll try and sort you a demo ride and see if we can't sell you one.

To be honest though, you may find it bloody uncomfortable.

The bike I rode is Johann Bruns race bike. He may let others ride it I'm not sure.

Its a sports bike its gonna be uncomfortable, its more like are my knees on the fairing which i have found with some other bikes.

But if you work at a suzuki dealer i might be interested in helping a kber out and get him some comision, really depends on what i can get for a trade on my 96 gsxr1100wt. But the dealer here in tauranga knows i want one to demo, so i have to wait until he has one, or one around auckland/hamilton i can ride so i deciede, can't really get to wellington until easter weekend really

White trash
30th March 2004, 12:45
Are you coming down Easter? Drunken Monkey is and we're all gonna have a phat ol' time burning up the Wairarapa on Easter Monday.

Yo's bike will be track fodder by then unfortunately.

If you want to PM me what deal you're offered, I'd be happy to compete for a better one.

Hitcher
30th March 2004, 12:49
A great review. Well done that man!

White trash
30th March 2004, 13:36
Thanks man!

Cajun
30th March 2004, 15:34
Are you coming down Easter? Drunken Monkey is and we're all gonna have a phat ol' time burning up the Wairarapa on Easter Monday.

Yo's bike will be track fodder by then unfortunately.

If you want to PM me what deal you're offered, I'd be happy to compete for a better one.
Sweet as what sorta deal would do for a trade of a 96 gsxr1100 more info about it is in the 'For Sale' section of forum.

I can get a 04 zx6rr with factory race kit at a good price, but does not come in the right colours, i need yellow/black to match my leathers and helmet

Cajun
31st March 2004, 12:25
How would you compare it to your 03 gsxr600 tho white trash?

White trash
31st March 2004, 14:04
Feels alot lighter than my bike. Narower in the tank and generally smaller. The brakes are stronger (not that there's anything wrong with mine).

It's definititley still a GSXR, just sportier. The bars are closer together, and lower by the feel of it. The seat feels higher but it's actually 5mm lower so I obviously can't tell shit!

The biggest difference is definitely the handling. Much quicker turn in and more responsive. It is also a whole lot more nervous!

White trash
31st March 2004, 14:22
Well! I've just spoken to Suzuki NZ and it seems these are pretty popular.

All pre-ordered. If you want one, ring the dealer now!

Cajun
31st March 2004, 14:55
Yeah good of it feels tall means misses can't ride it she can't touch the ground she can't ride it, we lowed her vtr1000f by 4cms at seat hight so she could touch ground easier.

Thats the price ya play if ya want to turn in quicker and more responsive handling its gonna be little bit more twicty. But it be all good

hmmmm bugger if all already ordered hopeful my dealer has ordered a yellow one other wise i be looking for someone who does, i need to check my leg length before i put down the dollars, i got the dollars to put down just need to check leg length, i don't wanna buy a bike and find out my knees touch the fairing (which i have had before).

Coldkiwi
31st March 2004, 17:34
can you work that out from the dimensions tho cajun? I've had that problem before with my ZX-6 (got used to it) but I dunno if you'd get enough brochure info to figure out fairing locations vs knee locations with all the variance in riding position would you?

LB
1st April 2004, 05:21
I talked to Johann yesterday, he's absolutely rapt with the new bike, says it feels completely different to the previous model.

Roll on the next race meeting! (17th March, Manfeild - first round of the Vic Club winter series)

Cajun
1st April 2004, 07:49
can't work out if my legs are to long by the dimensions, i'm pretty sure it be alright tho by pics and stuff, but i rather be safe than sorry

Thats cool Lynda Blair, there is one yellow/black 04 model in hamilton which as a deal on it, which looks like it might be falling thru they dealer as given them until friday other wise it will be mine, but damn suzuki for only bring 4 04 models in this batch, 2 blue/white and 2 yellow/black. But no matter which way it swings, i am off to hamilton to at least sit on this one, to check my knees and stuff against the fairing. so hopeful this other deal falls thru and this one becomes mine or its waiting another month for the next shipment )c:< i don't think i can wait to much longer

White trash
5th April 2004, 07:51
A couple of tasty shots taken by lensman Jimbo750! Well done that man!

This bike ROCKS! Cajun did you get yours

Motoracer
5th April 2004, 10:35
Thats a nice pic of a very nice standup wheelie on a verry nice looking bike!

White trash
5th April 2004, 11:12
Ta! :) :)

Cajun
5th April 2004, 11:54
Not yet white trash but hopeful soon bank manager siad yep, just gotta wait and here back from suzuki dealer to see weather he can get it or not. By sounds of it at road and sport on saturday they were wanting to sell it to me right then and there, and i could ride it away that day, so there deal has fallen thru. So hopeful the easter bunny will have brought me a new yellow/black gsxr600 early dc:<

Also caught slim biker stalking around trying to get at it before me on saturday.

Cajun
5th April 2004, 12:48
All looking good, road and sport will sell there yellow/black one to motogb so now they juts have to accept how much i am wanting to pay and how much i am wanting for my trade. Hopeful should find out later today all going well. And new baby by end of week

Cajun is getting excitied

Coldkiwi
5th April 2004, 12:56
nice wheelstand WT. have you got the Rossi style knack knack sorted yet? :)

White trash
5th April 2004, 13:01
One footed stand up is about my level of skill. I can wheelie around corners as long as they're not too tight and can do one handers.

I really want a dedicated stunt bike to gear the shit out of and practice real low speed stuff like they do in the states. High chairs, circul wheelies, that sort of stuff.

It's fucken hard on the bike is all :(

Cajun
5th April 2004, 15:04
I shall be a proud owner of an 04 gsxr600 by the end of the week (c:<

may the mods begin

White trash
5th April 2004, 15:06
You lucky, lucky bastard!

I'm green, GREEN I tell ya! :sick:

How about a trip to Wgtn to run it in? :D

Cajun
5th April 2004, 15:12
Hahaha not green its yellow, i didn't wanna get the green zx6rr i was given a good price off. think alot of people will do, espically since my leathers match the bike primo and the helmet is getting painted to match(yes my helmet can be painted with out causing damage) and got the gloves coming nice two piece r-jays leather suit, r-jay gloves, (both yellow black) look primo.

nah might be up to dorkland easter weekend should have clocked up over 800kms by time i come back and only another 200km which will be done during the next week and it be ready for first service. and then i can start riding it bit harder. What way do you tell people to run bikes in via?

I might be down there soon tho i be coming down for a week long oracle dba course, i think i rather bring the bike down than fly down and have no transport around place.

But i might head down one weekend and have a catch up

White trash
6th April 2004, 17:16
I have it on good authority that there is an upcoming short road test by some good looking cunt in the next issue of Bike Rider magazine.

Accompanied by the best riding photographs I've ever seen in NZ. The editor is reported to have said of the photography "Looks like Fastbikes or Superbike mag UK"

Let's see how it turns out :cool:

Cajun
6th April 2004, 17:27
is that right white trash.

We are good friends with BRM mag we did a custom seat on one of the test bikes and had ads with them for ages now.

But i be looking forward to it, BTW my yellow one looks more impressive than the blue/yellow you were riding dc:<

White trash
6th April 2004, 18:07
See, my blue/black/white leathers would look a little rude on the Yellow bike!

Hopefully Glenn doesn't rip my writings to shreds :weep:

750Y
6th April 2004, 20:24
I shall be a proud owner of an 04 gsxr600 by the end of the week (c:<

may the mods begin

congrats Cajun. the wait is finally coming to an end.
so you got some mods in mind already too huh? I'd love to hear about them some time.

LB
7th April 2004, 05:28
I have it on good authority that there is an upcoming short road test by some good looking cunt in the next issue of Bike Rider magazine.

Accompanied by the best riding photographs I've ever seen in NZ. The editor is reported to have said of the photography "Looks like Fastbikes or Superbike mag UK"

Let's see how it turns out :cool:

Jeez WT, I don't remember doing this one.....

And wasn't the editor's quote re the photography "looks like Golden Goose"???

Cajun
7th April 2004, 08:47
White Trash, nah glen is pretty good, with that. hopeful shouldn't rip it down to much, might let him take my ol girl for a ride once its run in if he wants.

750Y - Pretty much most of the standard sorta stuff, rear hugger, pipe(thinking of moding the factory one don't have $$$ for after market one at moment) gonna be doing the tre, full alarm system, gonna change the head lights to some nice bright fuckers

White trash
7th April 2004, 08:55
White Trash, nah glen is pretty good, with that. hopeful shouldn't rip it down to much, might let him take my ol girl for a ride once its run in if he wants.

750Y - Pretty much most of the standard sorta stuff, rear hugger, pipe(thinking of moding the factory one don't have $$$ for after market one at moment) gonna be doing the tre, full alarm system, gonna change the head lights to some nice bright fuckers

Wait till you see those h/lights, man! They're pretty bloody bright already!

It'll be a bit difficult to mod the std pipe and keep the performance, save your cash for a nice Yoshi can later on.

Cajun
7th April 2004, 09:16
yeah i can get v&n pipe at wholesale price.

but maybe you might be able to get me a spare factory muffler?? i can mod, cause it looks easy enough to pull the back off and re do the insides,

750Y
7th April 2004, 09:50

I'd be interested in which lightbulbs You choose as I'm looking at that also. I tried xenon's which were whiter but i think there's something better now? ultrawhite or something.
Jeff's TRE was under $50 landed from memory but i didn't feel the same difference on the 750 as the 600 riders were quoting. apparently really good value on the 6.

Cajun
7th April 2004, 13:03
I'd be interested in which lightbulbs You choose as I'm looking at that also. I tried xenon's which were whiter but i think there's something better now? ultrawhite or something.
Jeff's TRE was under $50 landed from memory but i didn't feel the same difference on the 750 as the 600 riders were quoting. apparently really good value on the 6.

Yeah i been quoted like $150 for a tre from company here, but i think i will import one, cause i also want a rear hugger which they don't have here yet either.

But i let ya know about lightbulbs, ya can replace them i am after some nice bright blue looking ones that are on modern cars

Coldkiwi
8th April 2004, 13:10
Cajun, you're not worried about voiding the warranty with a non suzi supplied can? Apparently Suzuki NZ approve Yoshi's but I dunno what price. WT (the flashy bugger with his ego on cloud nine!) might know?

White trash
8th April 2004, 13:19
My ego's well above cloud nine, mate!

I'm just getting my race face on for the 23rd. :yeah:

Ummmm Suzuki will cover the warranty (most of the time) so long as the modification didn't contrbute to the fault.

Cajun sound pretty friendly with his dealer so I don't think he'll have a problem.

Cajun
8th April 2004, 13:32
Dealers always friendly when you got money to spend. hahahhaa

Nah i looking in to it can v&n pipe at wholesale i would like to go the yoshi but i will price up a v&n as well and bolt that on, donno yet, might not have any spare money after i do alarm, rear hugger, and a few other bits and pieces.

White trash
5th May 2004, 09:23
Anyone who wants to read the first NZ test of this bike should grab a copy of BikeRider magazine due out on the 24th.

Cajun
5th May 2004, 09:53
yeah i emailed glen to ask if he wants to ride me for his own little bit to go with your arctile WT

riffer
5th May 2004, 09:56
yeah i emailed glen to ask if he wants to ride me for his own little bit to go with your arctile WT
WTF??? What kind of sick little story are you guys writing?

Glen riding Cajun??? :sick:

Cajun
5th May 2004, 10:02
pfft get ya mind out the gunter, i busy at work, i meant my bike

Ghost Lemur
5th May 2004, 10:13
That was just screaming out for a comment cajun, but I see I've been beaten to it.

Will buy the mag if I have the cash, otherwise I'll just stand there and read it.

Cajun
5th May 2004, 11:50
yeah i can see dieing for a comment teach me to not look what i am typing

That Guy
14th October 2004, 10:13
I'd like to look at getting something like this to replace the huge plastic mud gaurd.....has anyone ahd any experience with them/remcomendations/price?

Thanks

Cajun
14th October 2004, 10:20
I'd like to look at getting something like this to replace the huge plastic mud gaurd.....has anyone ahd any experience with them/remcomendations/price?

Thanks

Guy - i made my own up, i don't use the number plate light, if you want one made its rather simple you can just use some L brackets from hardware store or simlar, for a small price i could get you made up one simlar to mine, i get ya phone.

Mine uses standard signals, only down side you get alot of grit and stuff on your tail place being sprayed up

That Guy
14th October 2004, 10:27
Yeah making your own can't be that hard. Had any problems with a WOF without your number plate light? Or do you plan to put the old guard bak on to get your next WOF?

Care to post any pics up of how you did it when you have a mo?

thanks!

Cajun
14th October 2004, 10:39
Yeah making your own can't be that hard. Had any problems with a WOF without your number plate light? Or do you plan to put the old guard bak on to get your next WOF?

Care to post any pics up of how you did it when you have a mo?

thanks!

Well wof are once a year so only had bike 6 months so have to wait and see, i go get a wof from store i know, and tell them might as well give it to me, cause other wise, i will put orginal back on and come back then take it off again, its just to big and ugly, its pretty easy, the one on mine is not exactally how i want it, but close, i get some pics next few days and post them for ya to look at

Cajun
14th October 2004, 11:37
That_Guy i also have a copy of the factory service manual in pdf format for ya if you are gonna be wanting it.

That Guy
14th October 2004, 11:57
gimme-me-me-me-gimem-gimeeee. Opps I mean yes please. That'd be grand.

Also I ordered some skid knobs from F1- Enginering, will let you know what they're like.

After a year or so mine will end up on the track so slowly but surely I'm going to prep it for that. Other bits I will get will be a fairing set from Just fairings....and those F1 rear sets look good enough to lick. Yum.

Attached a pic of a nicely done yela one like yours - thought you may like to see it (from gixer.com)

Cajun
14th October 2004, 12:48
gimme-me-me-me-gimem-gimeeee. Opps I mean yes please. That'd be grand.

Also I ordered some skid knobs from F1- Enginering, will let you know what they're like.

After a year or so mine will end up on the track so slowly but surely I'm going to prep it for that. Other bits I will get will be a fairing set from Just fairings....and those F1 rear sets look good enough to lick. Yum.

Attached a pic of a nicely done yela one like yours - thought you may like to see it (from gixer.com)

I get two smoker a copy, you can try and score a copy from him in auckland
Yep www.gixxer.com is one my other forum i read.

Already have a set of skid knobs from F1 enginering i one who told them they are same as gsxr1000 dc:< Had them on my bike about 3 weeks after i got it. wanted to be safe then sorry

Cajun
20th October 2004, 15:00
Just put on a set of michelin powers damn what a difference they feel tons better than the pirellis i did have before, more stable planted and feel better thru coroners.

ALso if anyone hears of a bolt on pipe for a late model gixxer around give me a bell, i be very interested any pipe of a k model 600/750/1000 shall work

Cajun
12th November 2004, 14:39
11000 clicks and this bike still amazes me, how well it handles/performes, and the vesabality of it, weekend racing, day communting, slow boring touring it does it great. Slowly been engine is braking in

Over the last 11000km my average fuel drinking rate is 6.5l per 100kms which arn't to bad normal average is about 250kms per tank. It has never put a foot wrong, well unless i was doing something silly to put it that way, It feels alot better planted since i have put the michelin powers on it.

What can i say i love it, and everyone should get one, all the power you really need, enough to spin wheel up, enough for wheel stand, and enough to give it a good handle full coming out of corners, and it not to much that it bucks you off, excellet brakes, stop on a dime.

That Guy
4th December 2004, 17:42
Finnally got mine. Whoppee. K5 but the same as the K4 (graphics a little different no tthat you'd notice at least on the blue one).

What a weapon. Love it. Only done 80kms....might've slid past the run in rev limit maybe once or twice.... :o Wicked screamer. Needs a race track.

sAsLEX
4th December 2004, 17:50
got any pics??

That Guy
15th April 2005, 10:37
After making a mess of my mudguard I bought a replcement from Glenn @ motoGB - pictures as attached. It still takes number plate light so fully legal. Had to put some extra washers for that light to get it to fit properly; and had to offer some encouragement for the bolts to line up properly; but looks better than the plastic monster that was there.

White trash
15th April 2005, 10:45
After making a mess of my mudguard I bought a replcement from Glenn @ motoGB - pictures as attached. It still takes number plate light so fully legal. Had to put some extra washers for that light to get it to fit properly; and had to offer some encouragement for the bolts to line up properly; but looks better than the plastic monster that was there.

Nice job.

but I've just been riding my bike 'round plateless at the mo. It's one of them fancy new indicator/fender/number plate/mirror eliminators? heard of 'em?

James Deuce
15th April 2005, 10:46
That looks great and really cleans up the rear of the bike. All the lines of the bike flow nicely from front to rear.

That Guy
15th April 2005, 10:52
Nice job.

but I've just been riding my bike 'round plateless at the mo. It's one of them fancy new indicator/fender/number plate/mirror eliminators? heard of 'em?
Aye - I did some laps around Takapuna on my race bike the other day doing a bit of tuning. Didn't get caught by the cops but I reckon an old fogie neighbour got my race number and is out to get me if I'm seen again. :Punk:

That Guy
15th April 2005, 10:54
That looks great and really cleans up the rear of the bike. All the lines of the bike flow nicely from front to rear.

Dunno what your flash new Arsix has got but I tried the homemade way first with tin snips and it went bad in short order. Unless your handy with a knife (aren't you a Dr?) I reckon they clean things up well.

White trash
15th April 2005, 10:54
Yeah, I'd never shit in my own nest and I'm pretty resonsible on the commute.

James Deuce
15th April 2005, 11:05
Dunno what your flash new Arsix has got but I tried the homemade way first with tin snips and it went bad in short order. Unless your handy with a knife (aren't you a Dr?) I reckon they clean things up well.
Not a "real" Doctor - that's just Hitcher having his little joke. ;)

The R6 has a rear hugger, so the long blob of plastic really isn't necessary. Quite tempted. I like the idea of replacing it with an eliminator, because then I can hand over the original guard if (when probably ) I sell the R6 in the future.

I'm crap with a knife. I shouldn't really be allowed tools full stop.

Two Smoker
15th April 2005, 18:32
Hey Guy, can you please PM me the details of cost etc of the mod... thats what i want to do to mine...

sAsLEX
15th April 2005, 20:01
Hey Guy, can you please PM me the details of cost etc of the mod... thats what i want to do to mine...

did the original suffer at your hands or you just wanting to prettty it up!

Two Smoker
15th April 2005, 20:15
did the original suffer at your hands or you just wanting to prettty it up!

nup its fine (came off pretty well hehehe) the bike is pretty much EXACTLY how it was before i crashed it... so time to purty it up before i race it and crash it again...

Cajun
4th November 2005, 15:35
UPDATE!!!
2004 GSXR 600k4
18 months and 22,000kms on my gixxer six

Still love it to pieces. does everything i need/want and more, seen close to 270km/h on speedo chasing an gsxr1000.

Average 5000-5500 out of a rear tire(michelin powers, awsome awsome tires)

Its never put a foot wrong, well unless i told it to.

Its coming close to its first major server 24,000kms, which in turn get a another set of new rubber all round, new iridum nyk plugs.

I never had to do anything to this thing mantaince wise. I mean whole time i have only ever adjusted the chain 2 times, all other times, its either adjusted at service or when new tires put on.

Few small bugs.
Seat foam as died after 20,000kms (use to be able to do 400kms easy no problem, now get a sore rearend after 200km, but i know someone who can fix that problem easy)
Poor headlight design, gives a bad cut off. For most of us, it not to much of a problem, but if your a regular night rider, might cause problems.

I would recommend a gixxer six to anyone, it handles everything i throw at it, touring, communting, weekend scratching, to weeking thrashing. Keeps up with the big boys, and alot more fun doing it.

Many people still look down on the 600 class, thinking they are 'boys' bikes, its the culture, a 600 is more than most of us need/can handle. I have shown a few 1000cc riders, that 600's aren't 'boys' bikes.

Sensei
4th November 2005, 15:48
Good to see you like ya 6undy Cajun . The couple of 6undy's I'v riden were great little bike's felt sweet in the twisty's & had a fair amount of go in a straight line . And i'm sure in the right hands Shaun Harris etc they could give the Bigger bikes a run for their money . :niceone:

Cajun
15th March 2006, 10:32
Okay it went in for its 24,000km service a few weeks ago, valve clearances are checked, they were still spot on.

Had them total re adjust the suspension since it was feeling funny, after putting a set of michelin pilot races on, found out that the rear was set so hard there was no movement in it, and the front far to soft. So after some help from ohlins importer and some setting i found from a bike mag site. it feeling much better.

Also had it up on the dyno on weekends was a little down on all out hp than what i expected, but that is due to running far to rich with the full yoshi system i am running. Hopeful have this corrected sometime soon

Fishy
15th March 2006, 10:48
Very nice Cajun, very very nice lookin bike!

texmo
15th March 2006, 11:11
Very nice Cajun, very very nice lookin bike!
Agreed, much better than the hondas eh?

Fishy
15th March 2006, 11:49
Agreed, much better than the hondas eh?

Agreed, and Honda's are much better than scoot's eh....

texmo
15th March 2006, 11:59
Agreed, and Honda's are much better than scoot's eh....
I agreee the fireblade is much better than an sj50 about the only suzuki it out preforms, if only just... Bring the blade out on sunday im sure they wont mind lets see if your bike cant beat something brought for less than 1/10th of the price.

Fishy
15th March 2006, 12:09
I agreee the fireblade is much better than an sj50 about the only suzuki it out preforms, if only just... Bring the blade out on sunday im sure they wont mind lets see if your bike cant beat something brought for less than 1/10th of the price.

Dude you don't need to tell me about Honda's being under performing. Its common knowledge and I already agree. I only bought mine cause it was cheap.

texmo
15th March 2006, 12:26
Dude you don't need to tell me about Honda's being under performing. Its common knowledge and I already agree. I only bought mine cause it was cheap.
That's why I liked my cbr250rr passing people who are on supposedly better bikes.

2_SL0
16th March 2006, 21:02
That's why I liked my cbr250rr passing people who are on supposedly better bikes.

What happened to your bike?

texmo
16th March 2006, 21:13
Put it in the ditch where all dirty hondas belong, Still waiting on the insurance for my leathers.. I have a couple of grand heading my way. Soon I hope or I might have to get a job:angry2:

Toast
27th March 2006, 21:11
I rode a K5 Gix 6 the other day, ex-race bike bought from Shaun Harris I believe.

I have to say: Pretty hot shit. This one was shod with Pirelli Supercorsas or whatever the super-sticky, barely road legal Pirelli stuff is called. It was set up super hard, but was still pretty compliant over Auckland's rougher streets and high speed on ramps. In the short ride I had on it, it pointed wherever I wanted it to, turned in as quick as I liked on someone else's bike, and pulled to 170ish very nicely. Much quicker than it felt actually.

It sounded damn cool, all induction and engine noise, barely any exhaust.

It was super-high. My 6 foot, fairly long-legged self was on tip toes. I think that the rear may have been jacked up a fair bit for the track though.

Would I buy one? Yep...actually, nah, I'd probably go for the 750, since it's meant to be about the same, with more balls.

SPman
27th March 2006, 21:17
...actually, nah, I'd probably go for the 750, since it's meant to be about the same, with more balls.

It is...........

Toast
27th March 2006, 21:30
It is...........

Sweet, I'm sold...now lend me some money.

cowpoos
28th March 2006, 11:10
Sweet, I'm sold...now lend me some money.

your gunna need a thou at least for when ya try learn me lad....

Toast
28th March 2006, 19:09
your gunna need a thou at least for when ya try learn me lad....

We'll see 'Poos. Don't be thinking I haven't done my research on you boy. What do you know about me then, eh? I'm just the big, well hung, dark horse in the corner ready to roger some shaggy little sheep...or am I? Ya wouldn't know would ya, but good luck sleeping now.<_<

cowpoos
28th March 2006, 20:28
We'll see 'Poos. Don't be thinking I haven't done my research on you boy. What do you know about me then, eh? I'm just the big, well hung, dark horse in the corner ready to roger some shaggy little sheep...or am I? Ya wouldn't know would ya, but good luck sleeping now.<_<

so whats the wager then?

Toast
28th March 2006, 22:25
so whats the wager then?

We already agreed you drunken bum, a dozen Tui. Just a small wager, to keep it friendly :)

cowpoos
28th March 2006, 22:28
We already agreed you drunken bum, a dozen Tui. Just a small wager, to keep it friendly :)
oh shit thats rite....so ur gettin a new bike for taupo eh?

didn't notice you on the list...u signed up yet?

Toast
28th March 2006, 22:56
oh shit thats rite....so ur gettin a new bike for taupo eh?

didn't notice you on the list...u signed up yet?

New bike for Taupo...I wish. That 750 of SM's woulda been nice...929 will do me fine, just need to jack up the ass for the track.

Shit, was planning to pay mid of next month, i.e. payday, but just checked the list and there's only 3 places left. I'm sure only about 40 had signed up a week ago?

Anyway, money has now been sent to Frosty, and PM about to be.

Not missing this one...

kickingzebra
28th March 2006, 23:00
Anyone feel the need to swap GSXR 600 or bigger, k4 for my k2600??
Telefonica is nice, but scary to think about crashing!!

Cajun
29th August 2006, 14:23
Okay 28,000kms installed new set of chain sprockets, -1 on front +2 on rear which equals

15 teeth on front
47 teeth on rear

All running on 520 pitch chain. Which gives me a ratio of 3.13. This is pretty much a race bike gearing setup

Damn what a huge difference this made to the bike, it feels so more responsive, and so much more fun to ride. Down side you will make you speedo read way to fast, so if you do go down this method grab a speedohealer all up chain and speedohealer cost me $500.

After all this time this bike still turns me on. i could stare at it for hours. Even two years later, and close to 30,000kms, on,

Many complain about suzuki finsh, my bike gets riden every day rain hail shine, gets parked out side, while at work in the sun rain dust, ocean wind. and apart from a few stone chips paint still in top condition, faded a little, but thats expected with no matter what. It only gets a wash once ever 6 weeks. Polish made every 3 months.

Have spend about $700 all 5 services up to this point which works out to about $140 each service.

Costs So far
Services $700
Brake Pads $200 (Upgraded to ebc HH, and changed rear to remove squeak)
BMC filter $120
NYK Irdiums $50
Chain parts $500
Tires $1400 (3 fronts, 4 Rears)
Fuel $2400

so thats about $5400 in 2 years of use
so thats $2700 per year
$52 a week for running expenses (including fuel)
------------------------

Attached are some reviews from Bike magainze on the gsxr 600k4-k5

texmo
29th August 2006, 14:26
Hey cajun I lost my copy of super bike any chance you could post the review of the k3 for me please?

texmo
29th August 2006, 14:33
Oh never mind dude, I found it on gixxer planet. Was posted by you to lol. thanks dude.