PDA

View Full Version : Harley something or other ride in local rags...

RantyDave
10th February 2006, 15:24
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/marlboroughexpress/0,2106,3568108a6008,00.html

Make of it what you will.

Dave

Motu
10th February 2006, 16:14
I wonder how many would turn up at the Suzuki Rally?.....

Bonez
10th February 2006, 16:43
I wonder what bags they are refering too in the article?

Troll
10th February 2006, 20:03
could always do the blonde thing and empty the tool bag and fill it with cosmetics

know of this actually happening to one guy, a hell of a laugh for his mates when he broke down a week or so later

Meanie
19th February 2006, 21:13
Harley riders can be a little strange at times but they are out there riding having a lot of fun like the rest of us even if they do think they are too good to wave us :shake:

Big Dave
19th February 2006, 21:47
What's to 'make' out of a lot of people having a really good time on some beautiful motorcycles?
Not my scene, but what the do - they do with a fair bit of style.

Virago
19th February 2006, 21:56
Harley riders can be a little strange at times but they are out there riding having a lot of fun like the rest of us even if they do think they are too good to wave us :shake:
Funny you should say that, I got out for a very short ride today (to post some mail, yes I was doing paperwork on nice sunny Sunday afternoon, grumble, grumble...).

Anyway, I saw 6 other bikes, 5 sprotbikes and one Harley. Waved to them all, the only one that waved back was the Harley guy...!

Big Dave
19th February 2006, 22:32
Anyway, I saw 6 other bikes, 5 sprotbikes and one Harley. Waved to them all, the only one that waved back was the Harley guy...!

The wave is dead. Move on.

Virago
19th February 2006, 22:37
Ah, remember then days when.......:spudwave:

Ixion
19th February 2006, 22:41

No indeed. I gave and received a mutual wave from a vintage Bentley today.

TygerTung
20th February 2006, 09:51
I am a little confused about that article, did it say it's a lot of responsibility getting off your bike, without dropping it?!

outlawtorn
20th February 2006, 12:45
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/marlboroughexpress/0,2106,3568108a6008,00.html

Make of it what you will.

Dave
Ain't really much to make of it is there? People on HD's having some fun? I would love to have been there if I could.

Str8 Jacket
20th February 2006, 13:43
Well this quote at the end of the article cracked me up.
"That's the hardest thing, getting all your girl things into a couple of bags," she said.
Lucky she's not speaking for all female riders!

Paul in NZ
20th February 2006, 14:36
Well this quote at the end of the article cracked me up.
"That's the hardest thing, getting all your girl things into a couple of bags," she said.
Lucky she's not speaking for all female riders!

or male riders....

Many of them struggle to get their hard thing into any sort of bag... erm, I mean... :slap: it's hard for a bags girl things and a man, nope! Hang on, this is not going well, I mean there are just so many things you can DO with that quote....

Now without having a go at HD's or their owners, most of whom are jolly nice folks BUT... There is always someone that takes it too far! Two of my Dutch friends rocked up to the ferry at Picton on their cali 3 at the same time as the crutchless leather squad was ready to board haveing ridden all the way from Dunedin...

A tubby HOG member dripping in leather and recently dipped in armour all and buffed up specially shiney rushed up to them excited exclaiming loudly, "Why don't you save up and buy a REAL motorcycle".... Getting closer (My friends were wondering if they were about to be hijacked) he started to notice a few details like, the european license plate, the little Dutch flag, the layers of road splooge, the stickers from some of their other trips on this bike, like North Cape (inside the artic circle), many assorted european countries, Route 66 in the USA and now NZ.... 'Oh' he said and slunk off .....

Real motorcycle indeed.....

To their credit, some of his mates apparently found it pretty funny....

Big Dave
20th February 2006, 15:31
Real motorcycle indeed.....

And you can't even use it about markauckland any more.

Bonez
20th February 2006, 15:35
Sprot bike riders are to busy trying to keep up with the Harley rider I guess................. Waved at a sheep once and to my surprise the farmer waved back ;).

Meanie
21st February 2006, 21:44
Sprot bike riders are to busy trying to keep up with the Harley rider I guess................. Waved at a sheep once and to my surprise the farmer waved back ;).
Maybe he new what your intentions were to his sheep :rofl:

sabbath
3rd March 2006, 11:22
boo fucking hoo get over it..if thats the only thing i had to worry about in life id be a happy man!!ya get sick of waving to jumped up tossers that are on these jappa's that are flying past ya's..the thing that cracks me up about most idiots that just go on and on and on and on about harleys is that they have never been on one let aloan riddin one!!i think i can comment on jappa's as i have owned and riddin big jappa's hard..but i prefere the class of a harley and the class of a trumpy...so in short get over yourself and move on..these waving posts are boring the hell out off us who enjoy riding a real bike!:motu: :motu: :ar15: :ar15:

Paul in NZ
3rd March 2006, 11:32
boo fucking hoo get over it..if thats the only thing i had to worry about in life id be a happy man!!ya get sick of waving to jumped up tossers that are on these jappa's that are flying past ya's..the thing that cracks me up about most idiots that just go on and on and on and on about harleys is that they have never been on one let aloan riddin one!!i think i can comment on jappa's as i have owned and riddin big jappa's hard..but i prefere the class of a harley and the class of a trumpy...so in short get over yourself and move on..these waving posts are boring the hell out off us who enjoy riding a real bike!:motu: :motu: :ar15: :ar15:

Oh gawd! Here we go again, another can of petrol thrown onto the bonfire of vanity....

Skyryder
15th March 2006, 19:47

Why is it that when anyone who slags the Harleys, the automatic response is that 'they' have never ridden a Harley or owned one. That excuse is about as archaic as Freud's hypothosis that all womans problems were caused by penis envy and smoking was because of early removal from the breast.

Skyryder

Virago
16th March 2006, 13:24
Why is it that when anyone who slags the Harleys, the automatic response is that 'they' have never ridden a Harley or owned one. That excuse is about as archaic as Freud's hypothosis that all womans problems were caused by penis envy and smoking was because of early removal from the breast.

Skyryder
Alas, I was once one of the great unwashed that used to slag Harleys. Until i rode one.....

Big Dave
16th March 2006, 13:57
Alas, I was once one of the great unwashed that used to slag Harleys. Until i rode one.....

Thank you - i feel vindicated.

(it's like indicated - without the flashing)