PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Anyone for a suspension clinic

XP@
10th February 2006, 15:28
Hi,

My latest project (cbr) went bye bye yesterday in exchange for a smaller overdraft. So I am back on my beemer. And woah! the handling is all over the place, the suspention is way out and i would really like to sort it.

Now I understand this is easier it there is a few people around to hold the bike etc. I guess it wold be even easier if one of those people knew something about setting up suspention...

Would anyone be interested in having a gathering to do some suspension tuning? I would be happy to host in whitby, I've got double garage and heaps of drive space can also supply coffee. and it is near the grays road test track ;)

skelstar
10th February 2006, 16:35
Id be keen. Cant provide any expertise.

Fatjim
10th February 2006, 16:39
Yep, just had my front end modded and I need to get the sag right.

Strueth, how many ways could you poke fun at that!

Uncle B
10th February 2006, 17:05
I'm keen.
Always looking to learn about things to do with bikes.

Uncle B
10th February 2006, 17:08
Yep, just had my front end modded and I need to get the sag right.
You can't fight the age thing Jim. :rofl:

Skunk
11th February 2006, 18:52
I'd be in. Don't know jack about suspensions but I have bookmarked some web sites :lol:

skelstar
11th February 2006, 19:21
I know Jack...Ill tell him about it on Monday.

Skunk
11th February 2006, 20:53
Cheers Skelstar with a lowercase s.

When are you doing this XP@?

Pwalo
11th February 2006, 20:57
Sounds like a good idea. Have you got a date, time in mind James?

COP_B8
11th February 2006, 23:38
Ahh the Grays Road test track, I live overlooking for the Pauhatahanui Inlet test track in Whitby :Punk:

Ill be in.

Brian d marge
12th February 2006, 00:13
hey there
I cant get to that meeting ( its a long swim) BUT I can write the some easy to follow notes,

If you tell me the contraints i should work to, I can write something

If you then get that peer reviewed , ( which double checks I aint writing a whole lot of Bollox )

Then That could help

I have been meaning to do something like this for a while as I seem to be replying the same asnwers to the same questions,

I could post it here, someone could take it to the royal smart person and if it come s back all clear, Use it or make it a sticky ??

Stephen

Yes if you are wondering , The springs came last week and I picked up a new bump stop and a supply of head seals, for the rear shock ,

XP@
13th February 2006, 08:24
Was thinking about next weekend...

Saturday morning would be a good time to start.
So, do we have anyone who knows what is what yet? Because That would be better than a bunch of apprentice wrenches (like me) bumbling around in the dark.

XP@
13th February 2006, 08:26
Ahh the Grays Road test track, I live overlooking for the Pauhatahanui Inlet test track in Whitby :Punk:

Ill be in.

I' that side too, I just have mild dislexia so find spelling "Pauhatahanui" a tad hard.

skelstar
13th February 2006, 08:31
*sucks air through teeth* Sat mornings are a bit notorious for organised sports, and shifting flats :whistle:.
No bother if I miss out. I'll catch the next one.

XP@
13th February 2006, 08:34
*sucks air through teeth* Sat mornings are a bit notorious for organised sports, and shifting flats :whistle:.
No bother if I miss out. I'll catch the next one.
sat lunch / afternoon then... have no real preference... except midnight will probably be a tad late ;-)

skelstar
13th February 2006, 08:47
Dont worry about me. Coming weekend is a write off for me. Feb 25 is trackday too :).

ajturbo
13th February 2006, 11:23
hey there
I cant get to that meeting ( its a long swim) BUT I can write the some easy to follow notes,

If you tell me the contraints i should work to, I can write something

If you then get that peer reviewed , ( which double checks I aint writing a whole lot of Bollox )

Then That could help

I have been meaning to do something like this for a while as I seem to be replying the same asnwers to the same questions,

I could post it here, someone could take it to the royal smart person and if it come s back all clear, Use it or make it a sticky ??

Stephen

Yes if you are wondering , The springs came last week and I picked up a new bump stop and a supply of head seals, for the rear shock ,

start swimming!!!

but is this what you are after?

i have a BRAND NEW 1970ish GT125 twin... i am 80kgs.. i am bucket racing it (post classic?...:innocent: )
how, what, when ,springy thing?
also do you think i could mount the turbo on it?:msn-wink:

aj

ajturbo
13th February 2006, 11:24
Was thinking about next weekend...

Saturday morning would be a good time to start.
So, do we have anyone who knows what is what yet? Because That would be better than a bunch of apprentice wrenches (like me) bumbling around in the dark.
MANFEILD!!!!

XP@
13th February 2006, 11:34
MANFEILD!!!!
Ah...ok... another time then...

Skunk
13th February 2006, 12:33
What? Manfield is 25th...

Next weekend is Saturday 18th - Sunday 19th: Paul Kelly Motorcompany Series - NZ V8's at Manfield.

Brian d marge
13th February 2006, 16:39
start swimming!!!

but is this what you are after?

i have a BRAND NEW 1970ish GT125 twin... i am 80kgs.. i am bucket racing it (post classic?...:innocent: )
how, what, when ,springy thing?
also do you think i could mount the turbo on it?:msn-wink:

aj
Ok have one here that might be of help, Ill find it and send
Get back to later in the day . I am just heading out the door
Stephen

cowpoos
13th February 2006, 18:26

bloody mind reader...and the results are?

Brian d marge
13th February 2006, 19:01
bloody mind reader...and the results are?

After saturday nite drinking with some bike dealers fom NZ, The head is err a little delicate ( yes its Monday !_)

I wont know the results till I start testing about the end of March. I have done a few things to the bike and the financial dept is starting to complain ( the Wife is threatening Divorse again if I carry on spending on that damn bike ....she hasnt seen next month credit card bill yet ! ...)

I have a new graphics kit to do and some small bits to finish off

Stephen