PDA

View Full Version : Do They?

MidnightMike
10th February 2006, 15:47
Do your non-biker friends get annoyed with you talking about bikes? :angry2:

Grahameeboy
10th February 2006, 15:49

No cause I don't talk bikes with them........

Sniper
10th February 2006, 15:49
No, I enjoy because hopefully it might get them interested.

jimbo600
10th February 2006, 15:52

I've only got one friend, Mr Shinckles. He doesn't mind talking about bikes, but he keeps asking me to set fire to things. "Burn them, burn them ALL!"

MidnightMike
10th February 2006, 15:54
No, I enjoy because hopefully it might get them interested.

Thats what I try to do. :mega: :angry2:

ManDownUnder
10th February 2006, 15:57
They did till I took them for a ride up Old North to Kaukop... that tends to sort 'em out. THEY talk about bikes ... or they never talk to me again.

Jackrat
10th February 2006, 16:02
All my friends ride bikes.

onearmedbandit
10th February 2006, 16:08
Nah, for some very strange reason people are interested when I talk bikes to them. Oh, except the wife. (She doesn't mind bikes, knows I love them, hops on the back from time to time and has her own riding gear, but talking about them doesn't interest her at all. They should, I mean she was born in the same country as most of our bikes. Have pride woman!)

phoenixgtr
10th February 2006, 16:18
When you say friends do you include the missus cause in that case, oh yes!!

Otherwise my mates think bikes are really cool. Most of them are into cars but they find bikes interesting

Sketchy_Racer
10th February 2006, 16:22
yep my mate go craaaazy when i talk about bikes. But the fact the 99% of all spech that comes out of my mouth is related to bikes may be a contributing factor.

The other 1% is talking about sex of course.

MidnightMike
10th February 2006, 16:26
yep my mate go craaaazy when i talk about bikes. But the fact the 99% of all spech that comes out of my mouth is related to bikes may be a contributing factor.

The other 1% is talking about sex of course.

Lol, I have found my talk twin :oi-grr:

HDTboy
10th February 2006, 16:31
Do all your biker mates get pissed at you posting shit on KB when you don't own a bike?

skelstar
10th February 2006, 16:34
My biker mates are sick of me taling about bikes. And the non-bikers...esp the ones that own Falcon XR8's. :devil:

MidnightMike
10th February 2006, 16:39
Do all your biker mates get pissed at you posting shit on KB when you don't own a bike?

I would reply to that but i want to keep my bling green :motu:

far queue
10th February 2006, 19:49
My mates mostly ride bikes themselves and talk as much as me about them, and the others that don't ride bikes are intrigued to hear the stories about the rides and rallies. I think some of them would like to have a bike themselves but aren't allowed - poor bastards.

pyrocam
10th February 2006, 20:03
yes .

chickenfunkstar
10th February 2006, 20:10
Yeah, usually followed by a story about how their *insert vauge relationship* could waste me in his *insert turbo wank mobile*

LXS
10th February 2006, 20:27
I can see the annoyance brewing in the facial expressions,
I try to get them interested in bikes, but the convo usually ends in the usual "bikes are too dangerous", or "my mates-cousins-aunties-boyfriends-ex girlfriend-dads monkeys vetinarian's car wiill waste you BRO"

Heathens.

Motoracer
10th February 2006, 20:28
With my racing and everything, most of my mates, bikers or non bikers or people who are even anti automotive stuff still respect me and used to admire my determination... Now that I am not racing, I'm just like any one of my mates but they still love to hear my stoires. Even if they don't have anything to do with bikes... I have gotten a few people into bikes from all the shit that comes out of my mouth... Some say I inspire them..

So in all honesty, I can't remember anyone who has been sick of me talking about bikes.

kro
10th February 2006, 20:40

Friends?......

KLOWN
10th February 2006, 21:05
Lol, I have found my talk twin :oi-grr:
make it triplets

myvice
10th February 2006, 21:40
I like the "My car can eat your bike" shit.
I offer to race them home at 5pm down the motorway, no takers, what about through some nice windy country roads? Still no takers, how about the usual traffic light drag? Nup, don’t want to play...

Wonko
10th February 2006, 23:07
I tell everyone that bike riding is dangerous and not safe and try to discourage them from riding.

Then I take them for a quick ride and they won't shut up about wanting a bike. Works every time.

inlinefour
10th February 2006, 23:21

They know only too well that if they get annoyed with that I'll just stop talking to them and not come around. :devil2: Na, they either have a bike of their own or are that used to it that its never an issue. If it was I'd just ask if they are having a bad day:msn-wink: