PDA

View Full Version : This Country Rocks!

celticyankee
30th March 2004, 12:01
Had a brave soul respond to my requests to find someone to ride with.....met up Sunday for Hellos and then proceeded to go on a 5 hour ride.

He took me along the most AMAZING roads here in the Waikato, beautiful sweeping curvy roads through amazing farm lands here. It was AWESOME! Only rode through a few showers during the day, but it didn't matter, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.......I was riding and with someone who knew their way around so I didn't have to pull out the map all day! God it was great.

I feel so lucky to live here, it is just a bikers paradise!

He left telling me he'd call again this weekend if the weather was good, so I must have done ok and not riden too slow for him

God, I almost feel like myself again with a decent ride under me belt...........COME ON WEEKEND!!!! :spudbooge

merv
30th March 2004, 12:12
One satisfied customer - glad you are enjoying being in NZ.

James Deuce
30th March 2004, 12:39
You can stay! :)

pete376403
30th March 2004, 12:52
You ain't seen nuthin' till you've been to the South Island - (apart from the bit between Christchurch and Timaru)

Jackrat
30th March 2004, 13:34
Yeah I feel kind of privllaged To have the west Waikato rds on my door step.
Glad you enjoyed your intro.' Enjoy some more,there's heaps of em,

Marmoot
30th March 2004, 14:25
Good on ya!
Now you only need to learn pronouncing the township names
:laugh:

Hitcher
30th March 2004, 16:32
You ain't seen nuthin' till you've been to the South Island - (apart from the bit between Christchurch and Timaru)

There is more than one way from Christchurch to Timaru, Kemo Sabe!

Big Dog
30th March 2004, 18:21
There is more than one way from Christchurch to Timaru, Kemo Sabe!
I often feel ashamed when tourists come to nz and they go home having riden more of our roads than I have.

One of these days I am going to take a month of work and have a real look around at what our great country has to offer. I have got nearly a month of holiday pay owing to me, now if only I could get rid of some of these debts :o

Big Dog
30th March 2004, 18:23
I have got nearly a month of holiday pay owing to me, now if only I could get rid of some of these debts :o
Oh and I need to teach TW to ride before then as I don't think eiother of us could handle her being a pillion for that long. :ride: :ride: