PDA

View Full Version : Pukekohe Track day 18/02/06

Two Smoker
11th February 2006, 17:27
Hey everyone,

Ill be at the track day (hopefully if all things go reasonably well on Monday) Scrubbing in tyres and brake pads in the morning... Who else is going to pop along???

Cheers, Chris

R6_kid
11th February 2006, 18:41
will drop in with nick. Gonna head down to paeroa about 11-12ish to get a place at the motel. Will be good to have a chat as i'm marshalling on the Sunday and you probably wouldnt want people breaking you concentration etc etc.

Firefight
11th February 2006, 18:51
Chris, Bring my tyre down mate, will stop bye to say gidday and watch for a while.

F/F

Two Smoker
11th February 2006, 20:47
will drop in with nick. Gonna head down to paeroa about 11-12ish to get a place at the motel. Will be good to have a chat as i'm marshalling on the Sunday and you probably wouldnt want people breaking you concentration etc etc.

Sounds sweet as mate :niceone:

Yep Dave, will bring down the tyre on saturday...

motobob
12th February 2006, 01:08
I'm gonna be there so there's a least one KB'er to look at your new toy on the track. Well for a few seconds anyway. :2thumbsup Being a Saturday you would think there would be more.

Arven
12th February 2006, 10:22
So is it just an open trackday? On Saturday you say! HMMNMM i could be keen for this! went down last monday for a track day, and it turned out to be 'No Bikes allowed' bugger.. :(

I'm sure all my bikey mates (who didnt get to ride last weekend) will be keen! :)

Any idea on how much it'll cost? What time is sign on etc etc? Thanks...

Two Smoker
12th February 2006, 12:49
Any idea on how much it'll cost? What time is sign on etc etc? Thanks...

$90 sign on between 1000 and 1030... Testing starts at 1030...

jonbuoy
13th February 2006, 07:15
Hey there,

Would be keen, will cars be there too? As this would be my first trackday am I better to wait for a bikes only one?

Cheers

John

Darryboy
13th February 2006, 09:07
Shouldn't be a problem John as the cars and bikes are not on the track at the same time.

Two Smoker
13th February 2006, 17:01
Ok its confirmed!!! I will be there in the morning on Saturday...

jonbuoy
13th February 2006, 19:31
OK good one, didn't fancy goin head to head with the cagers just yet! I'll try to swap shifts at work and be there. Do I have to tape my lights up? Or anything else I need to know?

Cheers

motobob
13th February 2006, 19:49
Do I have to tape my lights up? Or anything else I need to know?

Cheers

Nope. Just have good protective clothing. Take your mirrors off, packframe if you have one. Oh and be prepared to have Keystone try to smoke you. She likes to pick on Honda's ( All part of her training for the Honda Riders Club track days). :corn:

And finally leave a place on yer face for the huge smile you are going to get. So have fun and see you out there.

Keystone19
13th February 2006, 21:02
Oh and be prepared to have Keystone try to smoke you. She likes to pick on Honda's ( All part of her training for the Honda Riders Club track days). :corn:

:rofl: :rofl: Yeah, especially seeing as I'll be on YOUR Honda Motobob...

loosebruce
13th February 2006, 21:32
( All part of her training for the Honda Riders Club track days). :corn:

hahaha the HRC day, good day apart from the wetness, fond memories wheeling past the echo down the straight lol and someone on a new CBR6 biting the dirt at turn 1

motobob
13th February 2006, 21:52
hahaha the HRC day, good day apart from the wetness, fond memories wheeling past the echo down the straight lol and someone on a new CBR6 biting the dirt at turn 1

Ha I'm not that senile yet that I need constant reminding of the event. Got myself a cheap trackbike outta that. :nya:

And K19 watchit Your riding it not thrashing it OK. :moon:

jonbuoy
14th February 2006, 08:11
Ha ha, never been round Puke' so will be riding like a nana till I know where the turns are. OK really hope I can sort shifts at work and see ya all there.

Arven
14th February 2006, 14:53
So any plans on meeting up anywhere? Like the Bombay BP station at say, 9.30 or so??? leave by 9.45 to get there by 10?

dss3
14th February 2006, 16:33
Might go if i can stretch my pocket money that far....

dveus
16th February 2006, 19:18
My bike is running again :woohoo:
Looks like i'll be out there.

Two Smoker
18th February 2006, 08:12
See you guys out there :niceone:

Two Smoker
18th February 2006, 18:06
Hey everyone,

Sorry i didn't get to chat. Had to shoot off to Paeroa. Everyone was riding well, especially Keystone!!!

Cheers Chris

White trash
18th February 2006, 21:56
Buuuuutttttt......you managed to go home and type that first?

OK.

Two Smoker
19th February 2006, 18:30
Buuuuutttttt......you managed to go home and type that first?

OK.

Its called commuting to paeroa and back...

CBobR
19th February 2006, 20:45
Very good day, only 3 groups and the weather was perfect.

Highlights for me were:
-Andrew Stroud's (?) GSXR1000 racebike sounded sweet
-The NA 20B series 6 was also very cool sounding
-An SV650 going very fast (also sounding good with a nice pipe)
-The track stayed clean the whole day
-Fast (and loud) mini Dejoux
-The Rav4 flying around the track, what a legend
-a Toyota Mark 2 with a V8
-Very very tidy HK (?) Monaro with a ~480hp 350
-NZPC's project S13 was finished and out for a test, didn't see who was driving it though
-Noone fell over, not even me
-Plenty of bikers to have a yarn with between sessions

Looking forward to the next one :)

R6_kid
20th February 2006, 08:27
and the SV650 a had girl riding it! :shake:

Cant remember the time she (keystone19) told me she did, but its a BIG improvement on her last time there.

Devil
20th February 2006, 11:43
Highlights for me were:

-Fast (and loud) mini Dejoux

Thats why I went along! Belongs to a mate. Got some good vids. If I had a program to resize, i'd post one.

Devil
20th February 2006, 11:43
and the SV650 a had girl riding it! :shake:

Cant remember the time she (keystone19) told me she did, but its a BIG improvement on her last time there.
About four laps in a row at 1:13.

Cleve
20th February 2006, 12:11
Yeah a good day. Nice to meet you motobob and looking good on the SV too K19.
Had fun running in my new toy. I was very happy with her and will try to make it to the Puke round 12th March for racing.
Cheers

Keystone19
20th February 2006, 13:15
Yep, was a fun day out alright. Arrived a bit late so missed the first session and was itching to get out there by the time the second one came around!

Was neat watching Andrew Stroud and Ray Clee duelling around the track throughout the day. To give an indication of speed, I was hitting around 209 at the bend on the back straight and they were through there at about 300. WOW! Apparently they were less than a second off the lap record out there!

Had the Pilot Powers on the track for the first time and was very pleased with their handling. Still a couple of lines to work on including into the hairpin. There's a bit more speed to be had around Jennian as well for me.

Good fun riding Motobob's CBR600 for the last two sessions while he was on my SV. I was even able to stay with him so we had a bit of fun playing in the corners. Think we were lapping around 1.11 - 1.12 in those sessions.

Great to see some other KBers out there too!

motobob
20th February 2006, 20:23
Cleve good to meet you too. Not many KBer's go out there on 6 Hundy's so it was a lot of fun chasing you round.:scooter:

Got to meet Gixxer for the first time. The lad certainly got some speed going by the end of the day.

K19 hope we were going faster than that (but probably weren't). Love riding the SV round Puke, its one cool bike. No idea why people think they're slow ( Scary getting on my Gixxer after it though) :sweatdrop

Dave McDonald said Stroudy was 0.2 sec's off the lap record. Not bad with a bunch us Tossers getting in his way. I think K19 only got those quik times cos Stroud created so much draft that the SV got sucked along. :wait:

Excellent day and we got 5 sessions as well. Even got my knee down over the hill, now that put the shits up me :apumpin:

Cleve
20th February 2006, 20:54
Cheers. Looking forward to chasing you around next time. Is there a race round on 12th March at Pukekohe? I looked on the AMCC website but it doesn't say anything but I am sure I heard it somewhere.

Two Smoker
20th February 2006, 20:56
Cheers. Looking forward to chasing you around next time. Is there a race round on 12th March at Pukekohe? I looked on the AMCC website but it doesn't say anything but I am sure I heard it somewhere.

Yep there is on the 12th... The Endurance race was cancelled so there is an extra AMCC round

Keystone19
21st February 2006, 15:51
Dave McDonald said Stroudy was 0.2 sec's off the lap record. Not bad with a bunch us Tossers getting in his way. I think K19 only got those quik times cos Stroud created so much draft that the SV got sucked along. :wait:

Yeah right...

Cleve
22nd February 2006, 10:44
Any one got photos of the day? I saw someone at Castrol all day snapping away...

dveus
22nd February 2006, 10:47
That would have been my old man out there taking pics. I'll have a look tonight and see if got any decent ones.

Cleve
22nd February 2006, 21:45
Cheers. Would love to see any with me on my R6 (white fairing red tank).

dveus
22nd February 2006, 22:03
There yah go...

Cleve
23rd February 2006, 07:17
Thanks HEAPS!

motobob
23rd February 2006, 11:15
Dveus has the old fella got some pics of me. CBR600RR with 94 on it.
Ta

Keystone19
23rd February 2006, 11:58
Dveus has the old fella got some pics of me. CBR600RR with 94 on it.
Ta

yeah, there's pictures of your CBR but only with me on it. You were going so slow that he thought you were having engine trouble so didn't get any shots...:rofl:

Cleve
23rd February 2006, 13:21
Ha ha ... K19 He may never lend to you again after that comment:2guns:

motobob
23rd February 2006, 14:27
yeah, there's pictures of your CBR but only with me on it. You were going so slow that he thought you were having engine trouble so didn't get any shots...:rofl:

We shall see. Just cos I didn't have my back protector on you try to stab me in the back. :finger:

Yeah the CBR may become a keystone free zone. :msn-wink: