PDA

View Full Version : control at trackdays?

soundbeltfarm
12th February 2006, 19:51
I've never done a track day but i'd really like to, but im worried that i wont be able to control the rush of (whatever makes you think you're better than what you are ) symptoms.
and i dont want to crash or injure someone else or myself.
this may sound like a dumb question really.
were any of you people like this before you first went on a trackday?
and what did you do to control the urge to go faster than what you are capable of and not ride recklessly?
cheers

on the road i pretty much take it steady but im not sure of what i'll be like on the track, and dont want to piss anyone off.

boomer
12th February 2006, 20:11
My worry at track days is others and there ability to manage the red mist and or 'ability/ambition' confusion...

Take a session easy and build up throughout the day;

Rhino
12th February 2006, 20:26
My worry at track days is others and there ability to manage the red mist and or 'ability/ambition' confusion...

Take a session easy and build up throughout the day;
SBF, boomer has just given you some great advice. Start off quietly and work up from there.

It doesn't matter if others are going quicker than you at the start of the track day. If you have improved your times by the end of the day, then it has been worth while. You will be a better rider as a result of experiencing how your bike handles as you approach its/your limits.

bugjuice
12th February 2006, 20:33
just don't worry about everyone else. They'll look after themselves.

Go out there, do your thing and stick to your line. Who ever is over taking, that's their problem. Keep yourself predictable, and everything is will be ok. Just enjoy it, it's bloody good fun

jimbo600
12th February 2006, 20:49
On the day relax, keep hydrated, and breath. This sounds dumb but most people at the track for the forst time tense up and hold their breath at certain points around the track. Don't follow folk as you'll more than likely outbrake yourself and spud off. Stick to your own plan and enjoy the day. Also don't worry about other folk (competition) on the dummy grip prior to going out. What track day you thinking of doing?

cowpoos
12th February 2006, 20:56
my first trackday I was very aprehensive....worried about canning off...being hit,etc

but after I got there got on the track...you just hav a blast...everyone on the track is safe and just as cautious as you are....no one I've seen makes dare devil passes or any other silly behavure... its just awesome fun...you can push your self a bit...learn alot about your self your limits and never get near the bikes limits...your riding in a very safe enviroment...
only a couple of people treat it as a race and they are at the front of the fast group usually...so unless your that quick you'll hav nothing to worrie about...

and you soon get hook on them.....they are addictive...

come along to manfield on the 25th of feb...$40...and a tank of gas [plus getting there]...I'll be there...and quite a few other from KB will...