PDA

View Full Version : Z1000 Pipes gone!

Krusti
13th February 2006, 06:40
Got rid off my 4 pipes this week....4 into 1 devil race system!...yeeha

nadroj
13th February 2006, 10:45
Now doesn't that look a f....ng sight better. All it needs now is to trim that bloody wide front radiator air scoop a bit & it won't hit the wall (air) so early.

In The Breeze
13th February 2006, 10:57
any chance of sharing a WAV file of its new beasty tones?

Sniper
13th February 2006, 11:59
Nice work mate. That looks damn sexy.

Grumpy
13th February 2006, 19:04
Looks good Krusti. Must have shed a fair few kilos there.

bugjuice
13th February 2006, 19:07
everything in orange is sexy..
must say, I did like the 4 pipes on those, but I'll bet it sounds and go better..

dangerous
13th February 2006, 19:40
Now doesn't that look a f....ng sight better.
Na, to be honest I like the 4 can pipes.... now it looks like a average joe jappa, but hell I bet ya it makes a roar with that size outlet, on ya Krusti at least it will be one of a kind Z1 :niceone:

Toast
13th February 2006, 19:41
Looks good Krusti. Must have shed a fair few kilos there.
I read somewhere that getting rid of those funky quad cans can save like, 40 pounds or something...worth it if you ask me.

Krusti
14th February 2006, 06:58
Old pipes are bloody heavy!....today....Power Commander and dyno!

Krusti
14th February 2006, 07:40
Bugger....have to locate unit....next week....:soon:

dangerous
14th February 2006, 17:48
Old pipes are bloody heavy!....today....Power Commander and dyno!
OK.... so please explain, A ot of guys use a Power Commander in there guzzi's but thats cos from the factory they are set up like shit...... however the Japs generaly set a bike up to run its best (restricted in hp at times) so what and why do you expect to gain from a PC3?

Krusti
15th February 2006, 02:21
OK.... so please explain, A ot of guys use a Power Commander in there guzzi's but thats cos from the factory they are set up like shit...... however the Japs generaly set a bike up to run its best (restricted in hp at times) so what and why do you expect to gain from a PC3?

Number one...with the 4 into 1 race system mixture needs adjusting. 2...they will but bike on dyno and then map settings for the bike. They don't claim to get more HP but if it takes 7 sec to get to a certain speed now after fitting will say do it in 5 sec.

It is not so much the PCom but more the individual setting dialled in to it.

Mate who sold me the sec hand system mechs for some top race guys and knows his shit. He assures me there will be a BIG difference.

Allready there is a big improvement just with the 4 into 1...not surprising tho when ya lift the old cans....HEAVY!

Looked at buying a Super Duke or Brutale but decided bugger it, spend money on my bike and make it a little different.

I've been a bit lucky in finding some one who knows their shit for help as I am no expert myself!

dangerous
15th February 2006, 05:15
Number one...with the 4 into 1 race system mixture needs adjusting.
That can be done with the factory system too.... having said that remaping is a beter idea, dont get me wrong it is a beter set up the PC3 but only becouse you can start from scratch with the tuning and adjustments can be made on the day depending on weather etc.
The bike will be running leaner with the new can and will have lost a shit load a back presure, I just think for a street bike ya wouldent notice a differance should the bike be set up corectly.

ps: would like a PC3 for my shiter, but its a no no under warantee

James Deuce
15th February 2006, 05:47

No they don't mate! They set them up so fekking lean that sticking a less restricted pipe on them accentuates the midrange flat spot desgned to get through emissions testing. It flows more air now, so it will be even leaner. The PC3 can be used to get rid of the mid-range flat spot that is built into the fuel system altogether.

Krusti
15th February 2006, 11:25
That can be done with the factory system too.... having said that remaping is a beter idea, dont get me wrong it is a beter set up the PC3 but only becouse you can start from scratch with the tuning and adjustments can be made on the day depending on weather etc.
The bike will be running leaner with the new can and will have lost a shit load a back presure, I just think for a street bike ya wouldent notice a differance should the bike be set up corectly.

ps: would like a PC3 for my shiter, but its a no no under warantee

It's one of those things ya do.......sounds cool.....it's different than standard.....it's mine and I want to. Finally ....because I can!!!:laugh:

Trouble is ... Can't get one for 3-4 weeks...ordered. Like most of us ... I WANT IT NOW! Hardest part's done tho, Meon3 has released the dollars.:banana:

HenryDorsetCase
15th February 2006, 11:44
I read somewhere that getting rid of those funky quad cans can save like, 40 pounds or something...worth it if you ask me.

less 8kg and up 10hp (if I remember the latest PB correctly... Im too lazy to look it up)

me likey too!

dangerous
15th February 2006, 17:54
No they don't mate! They set them up so fekking lean that sticking a less restricted pipe on them accentuates the midrange flat spot desgned to get through emissions testing. It flows more air now, so it will be even leaner. The PC3 can be used to get rid of the mid-range flat spot that is built into the fuel system altogether.
so why not put it on the computer and diel up 2% richer? easy as

It's one of those things ya do.......sounds cool.....it's different than standard.....it's mine and I want to. Finally ....because I can!!!:laugh:
Fuking right man....... same reason I buy Iti shiters, and modded the VTR :Punk:
On ya let us know how it goes :ride:

James Deuce
15th February 2006, 17:57
so why not put it on the computer and diel up 2% richer? easy as

Nup. That flat spot is engineered in on my old R6. You can't ditch it without a PC. Bloody stupid, but the manufacturers HAVE to abide by a bunch of rules. Once you modify your bike (PC, Pipe) their problem goes away because it wasn't changed by them.

dangerous
15th February 2006, 18:02
Nup. That flat spot is engineered in on my old R6. You can't ditch it without a PC. Bloody stupid, but the manufacturers HAVE to abide by a bunch of rules. Once you modify your bike (PC, Pipe) their problem goes away because it wasn't changed by them.
Yip same with the Guzzi's just dident expect that from the Nips.
At least with the earler Iti stuff we can just replace the eprom chip, but its the hole ECU with mine:drinkup:

emaN
16th February 2006, 09:28
We def need to meet up at the hotel sometime to hear that!

You right in Oko, or farming nearby?

There's some Tga & Vegas peeps heading over there on the 25th i think...

Toast
18th February 2006, 22:36
Yip same with the Guzzi's just dident expect that from the Nips.
At least with the earler Iti stuff we can just replace the eprom chip, but its the hole ECU with mine:drinkup:

It's the same for all bike makers...it's just done to meet emission regs. You wanna sell in Europe, you gotta meet Euro3 or whatever standard it is at present.

Krusti
22nd February 2006, 23:08
We def need to meet up at the hotel sometime to hear that!

You right in Oko, or farming nearby?

There's some Tga & Vegas peeps heading over there on the 25th i think...

Farm in Oko..shifting to vegas June 1...Gisborne this weekeend sorry..you can probably hear it from there anyway!:laugh:

emaN
27th February 2006, 15:16
Whereabouts you gonna be from June?

Giz'a yell if/when you want a w/end off - used to pull tits meself, til i went to London a few yrs ago

Krusti
28th February 2006, 12:05
Buying 7 acres Kaharoa......sold cows.....back buggered :weep: Time for a change I suppose. At least some good roads there.:2thumbsup

Krusti
28th March 2006, 04:45
Power Commander fitted, found me 10 hp,:clap: Was very impressed with GP Honda at Tauranga, good guys, even gave me a loaner to ride home for a day.

Got a one tooth smaller front sprocket, will see how that goes...

dangerous
28th March 2006, 09:15
Power Commander fitted, found me 10 hp,:clap: Was very impressed with GP Honda at Tauranga, good guys, even gave me a loaner to ride home for a day.

10hp... sweet so whats that all up now then?

aff-man
28th March 2006, 09:38

Your only problem will be keeping the front down now..:nono: .. or wanting to keep it down:innocent: . Those bikes are such stunt monkey bikes :innocent: hahahaha.

Krusti
29th March 2006, 20:51
10hp... sweet so whats that all up now then?

From what I have read 110 is about standard. With full race sytem and PC 124.6

There was 2 hp more beween standard PC setting and custom map.

Alot of riding difference is in the lower half of rev range, very smooth but once over 7000rpm goes like a cut cat!:yeah: