PDA

View Full Version : Got me a engine rebuild kit!

cheese
13th February 2006, 11:50
Got myself a hot rod kit from a guy in Oz today. Was only $210 NZ with all pins, pistons, rings, conrod, a entire gasket kit, all seals, everything! It's actually a engine rebuild kit.

Not bad aye!

Anyway I'll get you his details if you guys want anything off him. he does heaps of bits and I've told him to list on trademe.

Stoked! :beer: :drinknsin

:Punk:

Sketchy_Racer
13th February 2006, 12:15
sweet dude.

youll be motoring in no time ;)

-RG

cheese
13th February 2006, 12:54
nope, I'll be selling it and getting a brand spankers KDX.

crazyxr250rider
13th February 2006, 18:08
What Brand are the Piston and Rings?

raster
13th February 2006, 18:46
Always interested, I have an engine to rebuild at the moment, any specific Brand/model/type etc.

R

cheese
13th February 2006, 20:53
I think he does most brands. It's a woosner kit. Looks good adn just like teh original. I'll tell you how it goes when I get my engine back as I'm getting teh main bearings done at the mo.

cheese
15th February 2006, 08:19
I just asked the guy I got my kit from and he has quite a few other kits for CR's YZ's etc.

If you want to contact him I can give you his email address?

Brian d marge
16th February 2006, 04:33
can you send me his contact details

210 for an Engine rebuild kit is cheap as . I will soon tell you the quality of the thing !!!
What did the kit come with . Rod /roller bearing /gaskets set???

Stephen

CR250

and on the 5th crankshaft

cheese
16th February 2006, 21:43
Here is his email address.

ozzyozzyozzy@optusnet.com.au

cheese
16th February 2006, 21:45
This is what I got

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/ef/cb/f7_2.JPG

cheese
16th February 2006, 21:52
Far out I just opened up the box and checked all of it and I've got Every single gasket and every seal in teh kit.

Wicked deal!!

2much
16th February 2006, 21:58
Then I guess it wasn't packed by a 12 yr old gook in thailand working in the factory for 5 cents an hour?

Brian d marge
16th February 2006, 22:37
Then I guess it wasn't packed by a 12 yr old gook in thailand working in the factory for 5 cents an hour?

and thats what market forces are all about, watch NZ manufactures go under while listening to Helen ( aka the business round table ) Go on about competition sharpens business crap ! ,
and like I am off to buy that kit , for 210 I would be a mug not to. In fact I might buy 3

Mind you you got to wonder why they are so cheap?

Hey cheese does he have a web site?? and address , or even a stationary truck????

Stephen

( actually I would like 4 kits , to get all my motors back into tip tip cond )

cheese
18th February 2006, 00:13
Well I just finished putting my bike back together (took only 5 hours) MInd you I had to put the clutch back in, and shit so anyway...

The piston.

Looks great. My bore is slightly scored, but the compression is freaking good. Unfortunately I can't start it at the mo as it's 1 am and my neightbours would probably kill me.

As for what I've got left over. Man I've got so many bits from the engine rebuild kit. I really reccommend one!

Now I'm off for a ride on sunday.

raster
18th February 2006, 06:39
Remember to run it in. :scooter:

cheese
18th February 2006, 11:03
Just fired her up and shit it runs wicked! The piston is lighter and it runs and sounds better than it used to.

Definately try a kit out!

Brian d marge
18th February 2006, 15:39
well done that Man

Well as soon as I get organised this end I will be emailing that fella
Does he have an address , web page , dont feel comfortable sending to an anonimous email address

I can rebuild my cranks myself, but the old one I split was held by some force , my wee press was straining !!!!

Stephen