PDA

View Full Version : bike reg

umka
13th February 2006, 16:56
just wanting to know what i need to do to get my ktm on the road. it has never been reged so will need a vin plate/cert check. has anyone done this latly coz i think u need proof of purchase but what if u bought it second hand privatly? do i just get a letter from the person i bought it off?

far queue
13th February 2006, 19:26
Dunno, but try asking your local bike shop what the process is, they must do it all the time.

grantman
13th February 2006, 21:06
I Put my old GPZ400 on the road last year and had to get it all vined etc

1 your need a letter or somthing to say you brought the bike.

2 take it to get vined (lots of places but not all will do bikes cost vaires so shop around)
cost me $300.00 includes WOF
its a basic check over and make sure its safe (nothing to major)

3 Then you take your papers to VTNZ or post office and they will give you a plate and a rego sticker (minimum is six months rego) about $180.00

4 Go for a good LONG ride.

It wasnt as bad as I expected
cost was a bit more than I bugeted for,
But bugets are to be broken.

It was all in the aid of making my Cold kiwi bike ready.

Cheers
Grant

cowpoos
13th February 2006, 21:16
just wanting to know what i need to do to get my ktm on the road. it has never been reged so will need a vin plate/cert check. has anyone done this latly coz i think u need proof of purchase but what if u bought it second hand privatly? do i just get a letter from the person i bought it off?

take it to your local dealer and ask them to do the process for you...be quicker than you doing it...or they will at least be able to help you where to start...

umka
14th February 2006, 07:46
so i just need a letter from the guy i bought it off. is hand written fine? how do they know he didnt steel it and what is stopping me from writting the letter for myself:no:

crazyxr250rider
21st February 2006, 16:35
It has to be signed of course.....with a name and address

NordieBoy
22nd February 2006, 08:26
Unless it's a dirt based Honda.
It seems that it's very difficult to reg a Honda dirt bike now eg. for Enduros as Honda say "It was not made for the road".
They are shooting themselves in the foot with that attitude esp. with people looking for bikes for the ISDE.

My bother is looking into options for a bike for the ISDE and it finally came down to a 2006 RM125 or a Husky 125.
The RM would the rear wheel changed from 19" to 18" re-doing the MX suspension and road kitting/reg and the Husky would need... well nothing really.