PDA

View Full Version : seatbelts?

bugjuice
13th February 2006, 17:28
why wouldn't you wear them?

the clip is a little graphic, but no blood or guts..

JMemonic
13th February 2006, 18:00
F.U.B.A.R

Thats a great reason to wear them, but one wonders more why that vehicle was being singled out by the camera, my guess is this was part of a chase and the worst part of the end result is the trama to the innocent drivers of the other vehicles especially the one who actually ran this clown over.

A great canidate for a Darwin.

Colapop
13th February 2006, 18:01
Woah!! That is ... How the hell do you explain that? Thankfully my boy just watched it with me and is learning to drive right now. His words - "Shiit!! I'm definitely wearing my belt now!"

I didn't know he was thinking about not wearing it.

Jackrat
13th February 2006, 18:06
Faaaaaark mate!!
He ain't gonn'a do that again.:no:

bugjuice
13th February 2006, 18:14
yeah, I'm guessing it's part of a cop chase. On one hand, you could say that you aren't going to drive like that, so no need to wear it.
But in reality, you never know when one of these fukwits is gonna nail you and you won't know it..

Sniper
13th February 2006, 18:17
Farking hell

spudchucka
13th February 2006, 20:08
For some reason people seem to think that its a myth that bodies can come flying out of cars when they crash. They do and those rolly polly SUV shit heaps seem to love rolling over and spitting their contents out.

I especially enjoy speaking to the front seat passenger and drivers of vehicles involved in low speed crashes, (50kph area) where the dead give-away that they weren't wearing their seat belts are the two convex domes left in the windscreen from where their heads smacked the inside of the glass.

You ask them if they were wearing their seatbelts, (knowing full well that they weren't) and they still manage to lie as they sit there picking the broken glass out of their foreheads and wiping up the blood pissing out of their broken noses.

Its pathetic, just wear the the bloody seatbelt.

scumdog
13th February 2006, 20:27
Ah feck S.C., just let the gene-pool cleansing continue, let the bozos launch through their 'screens -hopefully before they breed.

bugjuice
13th February 2006, 20:32
it's the poor buggers who have to clean up the crap afterwards tho.. stinks after a while, so can't really leave 'em for the wildlife to clean up. Else I'd agree

kro
13th February 2006, 20:34
That dumb shit was dead by the time he hit the ground, savage video too btw, a real eye opener. I cant drive a car with no seatbelt, I might as well try not putting pants on in the morning, which has happened once.

NotaGoth
13th February 2006, 20:37

Seatbelt don't always save you from those kind of injuries. I learnt that. Also learnt why I SHOULD wear them. I never EVER get in a car without my seatbelt on.

Edbear
13th February 2006, 20:39
Notwithstanding the fact that these two were probably on the run, it's a graphic reality check for those who think they are relatively safe without belts! Spudchuka's got it right on the nail! SUV's are not the safest vehicles on the road, and wearing belts is a "no brainer" for those who have a modicum of commonsense. I'm actually a bit surprised that people do survive a 50k/mh crash without belts, Spud?:pinch:

bugjuice
13th February 2006, 20:46
Seatbelt don't always save you from those kind of injuries. I learnt that. Also learnt why I SHOULD wear them. I never EVER get in a car without my seatbelt on.
strange, I've never been able to get in any car with a seatbelt on - I normally wait until I'm in the car..

NotaGoth
13th February 2006, 20:51
strange, I've never been able to get in any car with a seatbelt on - I normally wait until I'm in the car..

Ahhh shhh you know what I mean. Not my fault I'm a blonde. :pinch:

scumdog
13th February 2006, 21:25
Most bozos only anticipate a straight on impact - duh!!

Next time your driving and front passenger is not wearing their belt try this:
First thing VERY important - get them to put the seatbelt on.
Get them to hold up the seat release (that wee thing wot you pull up when you want to move the seat forwards or rearwards).
Get them to push the seat as far to the rear as possible and still hold up the release.
Tell them you are going to brake and they are to stop the seat from sliding forwards.
Build speed up to say 20kph and then stand on the brake pedal fairly firmly but not TOO hard.
Best part: watch their face when they realise the CAN'T hold the seat back.
For added effect get them to hold an open can of drink between the belt and thie chest while doing this.
ENJOY!!

NotaGoth
13th February 2006, 21:30
Some people will only learn to wear their seat belt after an actual close call. And thats if they make it through.

On another note. did anyone hear about that lady, I think she'd just had a baby. Was in a car with a lapbelt on. Just about got chopped in half!!!!1 No wonder my old lady always tells me off for sitting in the middle and using the lapbelt. Shite.

bugjuice
13th February 2006, 21:35
Most bozos only anticipate a straight on impact - duh!!

Next time your driving and front passenger is not wearing their belt try this:
-- stuff --
ENJOY!!
bloody wicked. I'll remember that, just to put the shits up 'em

Highlander
13th February 2006, 21:36
I'll have to try that SD. Sounds like fun.

We had a fairly (near Fairly it was too) good smash a few years ago and our youngest (about 4 at the time) was small for her age and inertia didn't lock the seat belt in time to stop her bumping the back of the seat in front. She got a bump on the forehead, the rest of us had the bruises from the seat belts biting but we all walked away (couldn't drive - car was stuffed). Kids won't go anywhere without seatbelts on now. It was a good lesson for them.

scumdog
13th February 2006, 21:43
Meh, sure fire way to get ticket from me is: get caught not wearing a seatbelt.
I carry a gross pic of a dude who was not wearing one when he had a 70kph crash, show it to pretty girls sitting in the front middle console area of XD Falcons which don't have belts fitted.
Seen one head-butt the centre overhead console in a car hard enought to 'pimple' the roof exterior with the attaching self-tappers - and it was about 40kph speed.

Maha
13th February 2006, 21:44
Looked like the ejector malfunctioned, should have gone out the sun roof not the side window, me thinks he would have case to sue, had he still been alive that is................:yeah:

MisterD
14th February 2006, 07:00
I have a vague recollection of a story from when seat belts were just starting to be fitted to cages. Volvo, I think were importing cars to the US with them and a chief designer at one of the big yank companies was asked about fitting them to restrain kids etc. His response was that his kids sat next to him on the front bench seat, so he could easily reach across and hold them back!

...and we wonder why GM and Ford are still getting their behinds kicked by the japs....

Korea
14th February 2006, 13:29
My GF of a few years back was always trying to get away with not putting on the front seatbelt. So I'd say:
"WTF? Put your seatbelt on!"
"Yeah, just in a minute..."
"Don't you feel unsafe without it???"
"Quit it already! I said in a minute!"

Seconds later I got pulled over by a bikey cop...
"Er... is there a problem officer?"
"Not you, I want to talk to her..."

Long story short, the police officer had noticed the unfastened seatbelt and issued a $70 fine to my GF!

The drive the rest of the way home was quiet - I didn't dare say "I told you so!" but possibly my smug driving expression may have had something to do with why we're no longer together... :laugh:

Finn
14th February 2006, 13:30
why wouldn't you wear them?

the clip is a little graphic, but no blood or guts..

That'll hurt in the morning.

MSTRS
14th February 2006, 13:45
That was not pretty. Should remind us how vulnerable we are on motorcycles. Concrete barriers on the motorways won't guarantee you stay on your side

Finn
14th February 2006, 13:59
They do and those rolly polly SUV shit heaps seem to love rolling over and spitting their contents out.

Rolling is part of the joy of owning an SUV. However, only a skilled driver knows how to land properly.

Jackrat
14th February 2006, 19:54
For some reason people seem to think that its a myth that bodies can come flying out of cars when they crash. They do and those rolly polly SUV shit heaps seem to love rolling over and spitting their contents out.

I especially enjoy speaking to the front seat passenger and drivers of vehicles involved in low speed crashes, (50kph area) where the dead give-away that they weren't wearing their seat belts are the two convex domes left in the windscreen from where their heads smacked the inside of the glass.

You ask them if they were wearing their seatbelts, (knowing full well that they weren't) and they still manage to lie as they sit there picking the broken glass out of their foreheads and wiping up the blood pissing out of their broken noses.

Ahemmm,I managed to put one of them neat convex shapes in the wind screen of a Toyota Corolla while in the process of parking inda ditch.
I'm all for wearing my belt and always do but that's one time it could of worked just a little better.I slid sideways out of the thing but luckily the lap part stopped my going any father than I did.
I got the scars, but the chicks DON'T dig em'. :rolleyes:

Colapop
14th February 2006, 19:59
Yep always good to meet Welly's finest. Even the "get out of the car so they can't say for sure you weren't wearing your belt" trick didn't work. I knew as soon as I saw him turn he was coming for me and THEN I realised why. I was more pissed that it hadn't even occured to me as I left for work. My wife has reminded ever since - that is so much worse than the $150 fine.