PDA

View Full Version : SJ125 repair help

Warren
13th February 2006, 21:17
I am having trouble with finding where this fuel hose is supposed to connect to. Can anyone with a SJ125t please help me?

My scooter started making a horrible scratching vibrating sound and after much searching I found that one of the brackets that hold the air box to the cylinder had broken where it bolts onto the cylinder. The engine was replaced by a suzuki dealer a few 1000's ago and I suspect that it was their fault, but I needed it fixed fast so I took it to a local welder to get welded ($10) so I could get the scooter back together so I could use it to get to work. When putting it back together I noticed that a fuel hose was in the way but when I tried to move it, I found it was not connected up (I probably disconnected it somewhere). The photo's in the manual have not helped and after muck looking around I cannot seem to find where it connects to.

zooter
18th February 2006, 08:55
there's maybe a vacuum line leading up to the petcock on the bottom of the fuel tank , follow it off the inlet manifold to the petcock (controls fuel flow out of tank). Maybe not!

Warren
18th February 2006, 09:40
I was just about to post this but I found where it went. I was looking in all the wrong places and had to take off the air box and carb and carefully inspect. After about 3-4 hours I found the vacuume hole in the side of the plastic bit that connected the carb to the engine.

zooter
21st February 2006, 19:52
I don't have a clue what you're trying to say. I've had a few problems of my own to deal with lately. All sorted yet?