PDA

View Full Version : ride this sunday PLEASE READ

darren
1st April 2004, 10:15
anyone who wants to come meet at tss this sunday
at 9.am

Please forward all your concerns to Stewart
at TSS On Sunday, as the the direction of the club.

best Regards

Darren

LB
1st April 2004, 20:07
Hi guys/guyesses. We'll be up north, so won't be able to make it.

Have a safe ride. Looks like you'll have good weather.

DebK
1st April 2004, 20:40
Might have to buzz out on the scoot & put names to faces. Prolly won't make the trip over the hill yet though... need some armoured pants before I risk the trip.

See you there.

Ms Piggy
2nd April 2004, 09:46
I still have clipped wings so no riding for moi :weep:

Have fun. :bye:

james
2nd April 2004, 09:50
good idea deb,look forward to meeting you on sunday,i dont think we have met before,hows the scooter going?

DebK
2nd April 2004, 19:12
Hey James - scoots going good. Might ask the guys at TSS if they have any anodised bolts to replace some of the rusted metal ones (I use him in all weather).

Used my Sidi boots for the first time today. What a huge difference. Felt alot safer and they're also waterproof & this morning was a shocker weather wise.

james
2nd April 2004, 19:29
hi deb,great the boots are good,i must admit to being very naughty about safety gear,jeans,denim jacket,and dare i say it no gloves yet,im working on it honest lol
hope its fine on sunday,ill see ya there.

James Deuce
2nd April 2004, 19:39
hi deb,great the boots are good,i must admit to being very naughty about safety gear,jeans,denim jacket,and dare i say it no gloves yet,im working on it honest lol
hope its fine on sunday,ill see ya there.

James, what size are your hands? I have some fleece lined leather gloves with showerproof overmits built in you can have if you want them.

james
2nd April 2004, 19:50
hey jim,i have no idea what size hands ive got,but thanks for the offer,id like to try them on,any protection is better than what ive been doing,i no, very silly heres my ph number 0211705531,give me a call tomorrow,chears mate

James Deuce
2nd April 2004, 21:12
hey jim,i have no idea what size hands ive got,but thanks for the offer,id like to try them on,any protection is better than what ive been doing,i no, very silly heres my ph number 0211705531,give me a call tomorrow,chears mate

No worries.

I'll give you a yell in the morning.

I also have an Orina Jacket with CE approved soft armour in Shoulders, Elbow and Back. It has a Thermal insert. It's an XL, and I want $100 for it if you're interested in that too. The gloves are still free though bro :)

mangell6
2nd April 2004, 22:41
J2 - Are selling up?

James Deuce
3rd April 2004, 12:27
J2 - Are selling up?

Nope - just getting rid of stuff no longer required. The gloves are an old pair I got cheap years ago for Heather, and the new Spyke jacket has replaced the old Orina.

mangell6
3rd April 2004, 12:42
Oh, getting rid of the trash! :lol:

DebK
4th April 2004, 18:47
Yep, plucked up the courage to turn up at TSS Motorcycles 'tis morning. Was a nice wee ride out at that time of the morn.

Got some very cheap spark plugs, browsed the armoured pants (great prices TSS) and then went outside to chat. Talked to a nice woman about her 500 (didn't ask her name). Matthew turned up in his Brutale (I almost pee'd me pants on seeing it :D). Had a good yarn to him about THE bike. Met James and had a wee chat.

But that was about it... I felt kind of out of place with the scoot & didn't try and talk to anyone else as a result. Felt like a try-hard to be honest - realised that Alpinestars & Sidi on a scoot does not a bike rider make ;) Will join you all again when I get safer & more appropriate wheels under me to go cruising.

I'm a chicken shit because:
1. I didn't try and talk to anyone else, and
2. I should have at least attempted the hill

Hope to chat again James & Matthew. I also realise I didn't wander over and have a look at your nice looking ride, James! Apologies mate.

matthewt
4th April 2004, 20:25
Matthew turned up in his Brutale (I almost pee'd me pants on seeing it :D). Had a good yarn to him about THE bike. Met James and had a wee chat.

It's always nice to know I can still make women go week at the knees (OK OK so I needed an expensive bike to do it)

I felt kind of out of place with the scoot & didn't try and talk to anyone else as a result. Felt like a try-hard to be honest - realised that Alpinestars & Sidi on a scoot does not a bike rider make ;)

I didn't think you were out of place, from what I saw most of the people there probably only knew 1 or 2 others. I only knew by name Darren and James, I'd seen a few others but like you not well enough to wander over and start yacking

Will join you all again when I get safer & more appropriate wheels under me to go cruising.

You should of gone anyway. Granted the scoot wouldn't of been the fastest bike but I'm sure it wouldn't of been the slowest either. The fun of a group ride is being with other likeminded people and not being the first one to the next checkpoint. If you'd gone chances are you'd probably have surprised yourself.

It was about as nice a day as you could get to go over the hill. I turned back at Martinbrough since I had things to do after lunch.

Posh Tourer :P
4th April 2004, 20:57
Go for it with the scooter... just cos no-one else does it doesnt mean it cant be done...... not that I would recommend it on a scooter - each to their own -, but I rode a couple of cruddy bikes and still went out and did stuff on them. Its all about putting up a good show for what you are riding, not doing well compared to everyone else. If anything, a group would be the best time to go on a long ride with the scoot in terms of safety and people not feeling like they need to run you off the road cos you are a smaller bike :angry2: I've had people right up my arse on the beemer cos it doesnt sound like its going fast doing 2500rpm at 60. If I do 3500 in 3rd gear they back off cos I sound like I'm doing 60. Same sort of thing happens with little bikes I've found. People feel they can undertake me on the CB125, but they dont on the beemer cos it is that bit taller and wider, and looks faster :angry: Stupid cagers....

james
5th April 2004, 08:47
no worries about you feeling a bit out of place,most of the time i feel it to with the only cruiser there,but everyones pretty friendly when you get to now them,and as far as the speed of the scooter,dont feel you cant join us on a ride,my little baby dosnt feel right going to fast,takes the fun out of riding her,for the brief time we spoke it was nice to meet you and hope to see you more often. :scooter: :ride:

james
5th April 2004, 08:54
id just like to give a big thanks to jim for giving me some gloves on sat
although they feel really weird to ride with{not used to anything on hands]
im sure i will be even more greatful if i come of the bike,so thanks again mate
ill be seeing ya later.