PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe to host World Championship event

Bob
15th February 2006, 01:30
Castle Combe is to host its’ first ever World Championship event. The Wiltshire circuit will host the British round of the FIM Superside World Sidecar Championship on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th June 2006.

Carsten Sauer, organiser of the championship said “We were looking for circuits to demonstrate an ability to promote our championship. We are expecting riders from several continents to be contesting this year’s championship and Castle Combe Circuit have convinced us that they will put in the necessary promotion that an event of this status deserves.”

Given that Castle Combe was under threat not all that long ago (thanks to everyone that added their names to the petition to protect the circuit), this is a very positive development.

scooterboynz
15th February 2006, 05:24
i have seen that track on an old performance bikes video , looks like a good track , as long as the rain,sleet, snow stays away!

Bob
19th February 2006, 01:00
What follows is a map of the circuit, as put together by the excellent E-Tracks website http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/

A friend of mine used to live near there and he loved the circuit - mind you, he was pretty good round there (between 7.5 to 10 seconds outside the lap record on a bike I understand - and he was riding a ratty old ZX10 (the original, not the modern incarnation), as opposed to the full works Superbike that holds the record).

chris
20th February 2006, 10:57
Have they made the circuit any safer?