Krusti
15th February 2006, 12:56
Can't wait for this to arrive! 1100cc......yeeha

Sniper
15th February 2006, 13:13
Hmmm, nice.

SPORK
15th February 2006, 13:23
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12225&highlight=orange+future

Some more info

Mental Trousers
15th February 2006, 13:35
There's only 1 thing wrong with that bike - it's not a v4. Other than that it's the shizz

Dazza
15th February 2006, 13:42
Yeah but don't hold your breath though,money on test ride in 2007 or 2008 ?:niceone:

Fishy
15th February 2006, 14:35
I beleive Stephen Briggs is getting the demo one first.

Dazza
15th February 2006, 14:58
No doubt he'll be one of the first to ride one,do you know something we don't !!!!:scratch:

Fishy
15th February 2006, 15:03
Yeah I work with one of his best mates. He was telling me a couple of weeks back. Stephen gets it soon I think? Can find out easily enough - Stephen works across the road from me at BSL.

Dazza
15th February 2006, 15:08
Best you find out then please:woohoo:

nudemetalz
15th February 2006, 15:24
What's with the fashion of hidden mufflers now...
MotoGP influence I guess.

sAsLEX
15th February 2006, 15:52

the 990 monikers on the front fairing would suggest to me a slightly smaller engine?!

sAsLEX
15th February 2006, 15:54

bikes aint never been designed to be slippery through the air, maybe they are finally starting

Mental Trousers
15th February 2006, 17:37
MotoGP influence I guess.

It's all about mass centralization, ie put all the heavy bits in the centre of the bike. Mufflers are actually rather weighty items so slinging it under the engine near the centre of gravity makes a lot of sense rather than putting it at an extremity.

Sensei
15th February 2006, 18:30
Best you find out then please:woohoo:

What was the Supermoto like Dazza ? Had enough of been left in the weeds already , time for some more power ?? :whistle: :nya: :violin:

Dazza
16th February 2006, 07:43
What was the Supermoto like Dazza ? Had enough of been left in the weeds already , time for some more power ?? :whistle: :nya: :violin:
Off to Dorkland on Monday night so hopefully riding it on Tuesday,new rear spring fitted in a couple of weeks,we'll see who's the weed dweller is "Matey":bleh: it'll be fun watching you disappear in my rear vision mirror with my whooping 110RWHP:killingme

Fishy
16th February 2006, 07:50
Hey Dazza,

I just spoke to my mate about when Stephen is getting the RC8. He reckons around June/July. Its not an 1100cc engine either, it is a similar engine to the super duke just with a few tricked up bits n pieces.

Engine: KTM LC8 engine
Displacement: 999.8cc
Frame: Tubular chromoly space frame
Dry weight: approx. 175 kg
Transmission: 6 gears, dog-clutch engagement
Top speed: 280 km/h

Dazza
16th February 2006, 07:57
[QUOTE=Fishslayer]Hey Dazza,

I just spoke to my mate about when Stephen is getting the RC8. He reckons around June/July. Its not an 1100cc engine either, it is a similar engine to the super duke just with a few tricked up bits n pieces.

That sounds cool,you'll have to keep us posted,so it's definately not a tricked up Super Duke then (the SD displacement is 999cc) ? as they have shit loads of bolt on's for racing,ie.carbon fibre wheels,different suspension and the list goes on,what class is he racing in ???? so many questions:niceone:

Fishy
16th February 2006, 08:04
From what my mate Peter has said, he said it is a tricked up super duke. I will get him to ask Stephen next time he see's him which wil probably be on the weekend. Stephen is riding a super duke at the moment as his road bike, he does stand up wheelstands for about as long as you can see.

Dazza
16th February 2006, 08:12
That would make sense,I was @ Cemetary circuit and a SD did two laps and then disappeared. Sensei supposedly took a photo of a carbon fibre wheeled SD in Briggs pit.
I know someone else on this forum with a Super Duke who showed me that he to can Mono his for as far as the eye can see, I was most impressed:niceone: Shadow :mega: are you out there, and if so have you fitted that rear spring yet ?

Fishy
16th February 2006, 08:16
Im looking forward to seeing Stephen race the SD at Paeroa this sunday!. He said he is gonna slide the thing and race it like a motard, will be very cool to see!.

Dazza
16th February 2006, 08:51
Sounds awesome,we need some picy's,unfortunately won't be there:violin: ,SD needs a service @ AMPS which is happening Tuesday,have a good one:niceone: