PDA

View Full Version : Got me some gloves...

Deviant Esq
15th February 2006, 14:36
Just bought some new street gloves and thought I'd share. :banana:

Have a look at the pic... Oh, and ignore the little nova effect, just me playing with my editing software. :lol: (Editing software here (http://www.gimp.org/). It's a good free program. :))

And Sniper: this means I can give yours back now. Cheers for the loan! I must owe you a drink I reckon. Next time at the local I'll shout you one. Getting your gear back to you one piece at a time! :blip:

Sniper
15th February 2006, 14:44
No worries mate. Good looking glove, where did ya get it from? At least I know you are gonna keep the skin on your hands a bit longer.

Ride safe out there, keen on an evening ride sometime.

Deviant Esq
15th February 2006, 14:52
Cheers Sniper. Yeah I'm keen on an evening ride too. Remember the run we had through Gebbies last time? Have been on that same run three times since then... :2thumbsup

Got them through trademe actually. Just happened across them when doing the old "I'm bored, so I'll browse through trademe..." routine. They're comfy, have protection, look good, and were cheap IMO, so I'm happy. They should save some skin if I come off. :niceone:

Sniper
15th February 2006, 14:59
Good work mate. You doing the grebbies run by yourself?

bigbadwolf
15th February 2006, 15:00
Cheers Sniper. Yeah I'm keen on an evening ride too.

How about tomorrow (Thursday) evening? I'm keen on having a ride with you guys before I head to uni... Plus I have to get used to my damn boots, I can't change gear in them properly :pinch:

BTW the gloves are lookin good :2thumbsup

burn-out gurl
15th February 2006, 15:02
awsome gloves mate. they look real nice ay.
good old trademe, heard theres some cool stuff on there

Sniper
15th February 2006, 15:02
I'll let you know mate.

Korea
15th February 2006, 15:16
Great looking gloves mate~should add a couple of HP to the NZ250!
They look like they fit quite nicely. Amazing how a bit of new kit makes you feel more invinceable, eh?
Don't do what I did first day after I bought new gloves:
Thinking "Hmmm... they're a bit loose, better swap 'em for a smaller size back at the shop tomorrow..."
When suddenly I took the corner too wide, ended up in the gravel and my NZ250 spat me off...
Result: Well-worn in gloves...

nudemetalz
15th February 2006, 15:22
Good stuff, R.
Keep them from getting scuffed now, you hear !!

Deviant Esq
15th February 2006, 15:38
How about tomorrow (Thursday) evening? I'm keen on having a ride with you guys before I head to uni... Plus I have to get used to my damn boots, I can't change gear in them properly :pinch:

BTW the gloves are lookin good :2thumbsup

Sounds good to me mate... but what time do you have uni? I finish work at 6pm, and it takes a couple of hours to do the trip (if you're in no rush and not trying to leave me behind - not that anyone I know has ever done that, eh Sniper... :devil2:).

It must be the big gleam on my screen that makes the gloves look good... :p

Sniper: Haven't done the run by myself, but have been sorely tempted when dealing with pikers! :innocent: Have done it a couple of times with a workmate. Always end up leaving him behind and having to wait for him to catch up though, as his forks are stuffed. One's leaked oil all over one of his brake rotors, rendering his front brakes decidedly average. I tell you, it's a pain! :argh: It's not like I'm in a terrible hurry, but he has to ride his bike so slowly through the corners.

Oh yeah, got some ear plugs too (thanks T.W.R!), they're fantastic! They prevent the wind noise from driving me insane, makes the ride far less stressful that's for sure!

Sniper
15th February 2006, 15:44
Sweet as mate.

T.W.R
15th February 2006, 15:54
pretty nice looking gauntlets there young fella ;) bit of a worry you're wearing them at the keyboard though, a bit hard driving that dinosaur huh ?:rofl:

the plugs are just a wee extra to keep you sane until you really findout why you'll need them:shit: :Punk:

i was actually expecting you too be doing a moan about being cold lastnight when you left here :ride: oh & by the way that jimmie was a good drop shame it was a damn hip flask couple of glasses & all gone :angry2:

bigbadwolf
15th February 2006, 16:28
Sounds good to me mate... but what time do you have uni? I finish work at 6pm, and it takes a couple of hours to do the trip (if you're in no rush and not trying to leave me behind - not that anyone I know has ever done that, eh Sniper... :devil2:).

I was meaning that I head down to Dunedin on Saturday so wanted to maybe do a ride or two.

Tonight might be better for me though, my friends are now planning a get-together tomorrow night before everyone heads away, don't really wanna miss it...

Shall we say meet at Sign of the Kiwi tonight at 630ish?

And don't worry Redge, I'm frickin slow, I've only been riding for 2 weeks!

****EDIT****: Don't worry, I am now free tomorrow night

TygerTung
15th February 2006, 17:31
What time and where are we meeting for the ride tommorow?

Deviant Esq
15th February 2006, 19:03
How's 7pm sound? Maybe at Burger King Moorhouse carpark as a nice central location and go from there? I've only been riding two weeks as well Bigbadwolf and I'm much improved already over the first ride I had two days into owning the bike, so I don't think you'll be THAT slow. :p

T.W.R: I shoulda brought a larger bottle of JB! Ah well, next time, I already had that one as I said, and it went to a good cause. :) You've been so much help already with the bike and haven't asked for anything in return. I feel like quite a leech just showing up, using your fuel going up to Rakaia and back down again... the little flask was just a small token. I'm sure there's more where that came from! :drinknsin
Oh, and I was only wearing the glove at the keyboard so I could take a photo of it!

TigerTung: Promise you won't wring the CG's neck and leave me and Bigbad behind? :p

TygerTung
15th February 2006, 21:33
Oh what!

Nah It's not running that good at the moment, seems to be quite varublem maybe I got a bad tank of gas?

I'll let you guys go in front and I won't overtake unless I get too bored, if I do I'll wait up.

JWALKER
16th February 2006, 06:32
nice gloves man, good to know you got protection now