PDA

View Full Version : MX gear, What brand do you wear?

naughtygirl
16th February 2006, 13:08
Ok, just a question for all you trail riders, MX racers, MXer etc.

What brand of gear do you wear when you ride?

Finn
16th February 2006, 13:14
Ok, just a question for all you trail riders, MX racers, MXer etc.

What brand of gear to you wear when you ride?

Well it starts with a pair of 15 year old Y Front's from Farmers and then it's a real mixture. Please don't ask me to go and check either. My gear bag has a hazzardess label on it because of the stench. Even my dog won't go near it.

Sparky Bills
16th February 2006, 13:18
I dont ride dirt very much at all, But
Ive got Oxtar Boots, Oneal pants and shirt, No Fear gloves and HJC Helmet.

I got lots of other brands too, but i use that gear mostly.

naughtygirl
16th February 2006, 13:20
I dont ride dirt very much at all, But
Ive got Oxtar Boots, Oneal pants and shirt, No Fear gloves and HJC Helmet.

I got lots of other brands too, but i use that gear mostly.

A mizture is gud, then u get axactly what you want :D

What series are your Oxtar boots?

cowpoos
16th February 2006, 13:39
I usually wear....red bands gumboots [thanks to my sponser skelerup] black casual basics singlete [thanks to my sponser the wharehouse] black canturbury shorts [thanks to the clothing bin people for leaving shit locks on the clothing bins] and sunnies to keep the shit and bugs outta me eyes....

Finn
16th February 2006, 13:41
I usually wear....red bands gumboots [thanks to my sponser skelerup] black casual basics singlete [thanks to my sponser the wharehouse] black canturbury shorts [thanks to the clothing bin people for leaving shit locks on the clothing bins] and sunnies to keep the shit and bugs outta me eyes....

Don't you have any sheepskin for protection?

ZeroIndex
16th February 2006, 14:09
well... to be honest, i don't do the whole MX thing (not yet anyway), but if I did, I would go for FOX gear...

Motu
16th February 2006, 14:19
I shop out of bargin bins,so there's Fox and Fly,Acerbis,Scott and Gaerne...and other bits of gear I don't know where the hell it came from.I mix road and off road gear,so it gets even more complicated.

Brian d marge
16th February 2006, 14:53
Oneal Answer boots have stood up to 3 seasons of me, Shift jerseys as me mum give them to me for me birthday, gloves . cheap shit cos I go through em like water
pants troy lee design , 2 seasons
Helmet ( Motor star , 2 seasons a good few crashes and up for replacement , for a cheap helmet its been good )

Stephen

Jackrat
16th February 2006, 15:44
Yeah must get another chook chaser aye.
But I got the good gear,FOX,FOX,AN FOX.
That covers the back support,pants an shirt.
Guess I'll be needing some more gear to go with that CC.
Think I'll get FOX.

flash
16th February 2006, 16:13
i got all fox gear (blue and white), got them at a deal of "buy the pants, get a free shirt" also seem i bought everything fox, i got another discount...

soundbeltfarm
16th February 2006, 18:21
i got a fly lid
cause it was cheap.
fox pants ,
smith goggles
couple of different shirts.
and my kid got hjc lid 661 chest protector because they were the smallest we could buy and thats still a bit big.
( he just turned 4)
your olds sell a collar for a 4 year old?

naughtygirl
17th February 2006, 11:08
I wear shot (cos i won it in a compotion lol) if i had the choice, id wear Thor :D

far queue
17th February 2006, 11:31
Off Road

Thor Quadrant boots
Jeans - gotta get me some proper pants sometime
Dri Rider Dual Sport jacket
Cirrus helmet
Leather off road gloves that I've had for years

Road
Stylmartin Boots
Leather pants
Dri Rider Dual Sport jacket or Orina jacket - cant remember the model
Shoei XR600 helmet
Leather road gloves that I've had for years, or the off road ones if it's hot

The mixture varies if I'm doing a ride with a significant amount of both road and off road in it.

Looking for a new dual sport helmet, but can't find an Arai Xcross helmet down here to try on.

Fryin Finn
17th February 2006, 11:51
I've had Fly pants and shirts for nearly 5 years - no worries. I've got Fox tracker boots because I've not found other boots big enough. I originally had Fly gloves which fit perfectly but mx gloves don't last forever and I've just bought 2nd pair of Fox gloves. I was given a HJC helmet which I use for my Helmet cam and a Star helmet which is getting on so I'll be looking for a replacement soon. Fly chest protector which was cheap and does the job. Just bought some EVS knee braces which were bloody uncomfortable first time out - but expected that.

marty
17th February 2006, 11:56
Don't you have any sheepskin for protection?

only the stuff still attached to the sheep's hind....

marty
17th February 2006, 11:59
we've had a full range of fly, fox, no fear, acerbis, but the current gear is alpinestars, and is it the best build quality by far.

NordieBoy
17th February 2006, 12:41
KBC helmet (Cash Converters).
Pro-Grip Goggles (Suzuki Shop).
Gaerne boots (Cash Converters).
Fox pants (KiwiBiker).
Retro looking Honda long sleeved t-shirt (TradeMe).
Fox knee guards (Honda Shop).
Fox kidney belt (TradeMe).
Acerbis body armour (Suzuki Shop).
Fox elbow guards (TradeMe).
WulfSport Jacket (TradeMe).
Acerbis gloves (TradeMe).

For road I wear a some different shit I got off TradeMe :banana:

DirtMad
17th February 2006, 12:50
All my gear is fox (that i got on sales etc..) cept for my helmet :crazy:

marty
17th February 2006, 14:37
and on the road i've got VIOLATORS (god i love that name), gaerne boots, alpinestar gloves, Arai rx7 helemt.

unless the sun's shining, then it's hot buttered shorts, a t-shirt, and skatie shoes

Motu
17th February 2006, 15:33
Oh - 15 years ago I found a red and blue Honda sweatshirt in the rag bin at work....I cut the sleeves off and wore it over my leather jacket when I rode at the dirt track,stops the mud caking on the leather.Had some big tumbles and it never ripped.I still wear it trials riding,keeps the mud off whatever I wear under it.

crazyxr250rider
17th February 2006, 19:20
I got a bit of every thing Shift pants,top and amour , Thor boots ,Fox kidney belt (new today) and Fly 303 gloves and Hydro pack, all from your shop of course.....