PDA

View Full Version : Akl Thurs Night Ride 23rd Feb @ 7pm

Qkchk
16th February 2006, 21:55
Hoping to have a weekly Thurs night ride until daylight savings starts...........

What: A romp in the Northern Valleys
When: Thursday night after work on the 23rd Feb
Where: Meeting @ Shell Westgate (at the end of the North Western M/Way)
Why: Because there is more to motorcycling than just talking about it
Time: Meeting there from 7pm departing @ 7.30pm
Pace: Open to all groups (however this is not a race, it is a after-work cruz)

The route will be discussed on the night. For those worried about distance/time the ride will last for approx 1hr and is 70kms long. We start at Westgate and finish up at the old Albany Pub. Even if you cant make the ride, how about joining us at the pub?

Remember this ride is WEATHER PERMITTING - I will post up in the thread if it is postponed due to weather. I will decide on the day and post after 5pm if I do decide to postpone.

This ride caters for all levels of riding - so Learner/newbies are welcome!! Same goes for the fast crew.....

Merwood
16th February 2006, 22:12
sounds good :wari:

Qkchk
21st February 2006, 17:04
Qkchk might have to ride a bit more slower this time.............. Custard is feeling better and may come along - as a pillion ;)

GR81
23rd February 2006, 14:29
im keen...

Qkchk
23rd February 2006, 15:12
Sounds like the weather is easing up to be a lovely fine evening. :sunny:

Keystone19
23rd February 2006, 15:20
I'll be there Dawn...:niceone:

Qkchk
23rd February 2006, 15:21
I'll be there Dawn...:niceone:
Cool, I'm keen on sinkin a few after the ride - man what a busy day..........

SwanTiger
23rd February 2006, 15:46
I should be there all according to plan, went for a blat out west a little bit and the weather looks fine, roads are dry too.

Might be coming two up, so hopefully the pace isn't too fast.

ManDownUnder
23rd February 2006, 15:48
See you there and then...

Blackbuell
23rd February 2006, 16:05
I will be there if my b/sitter turns up,what colour do i ride tonight Black ? or Red?

Qkchk
23rd February 2006, 16:07
I should be there all according to plan, went for a blat out west a little bit and the weather looks fine, roads are dry too.

Might be coming two up, so hopefully the pace isn't too fast.
I always wait at major intersections for those who do not know the route......... as the first post says; I cater for all. I was going to be 2-up tonight but my 'Custard' is still recovering from Paeroa. :thud:

brit-bloke
23rd February 2006, 16:09
Hi, sounds good! C u l8r :)

justsomeguy
23rd February 2006, 16:13
Remember don't leave home without the slow fella. This time the slow fella thinks he should be on time. But to tell you the truth I wouldn't really trust the slow fella, he talks crap half the time and bullshit the other half. :hitcher:

Oh shit, more shit 3999 posts..... must say something less shitty for the next post.

Qkchk
23rd February 2006, 16:34
I will be there if my b/sitter turns up,what colour do i ride tonight Black ? or Red?
Maybe the blue one I have here at home? :rofl:

Qkchk
23rd February 2006, 16:36
Remember don't leave home without the slow fella. This time the slow fella thinks he should be on time. But to tell you the truth I wouldn't really trust the slow fella, he talks crap half the time and bullshit the other half. :hitcher:

Oh shit, more shit 3999 posts..... must say something less shitty for the next post.
As long as the slow fella gets here by 6.50 :p

Blackbuell
23rd February 2006, 17:41
sorry cant handle the blue one its just to fast.

Phenoix
23rd February 2006, 20:07
Hope your not talking about this slow fella.
I tried to make it, but I was down in Mount maunganui today, didn't leave there till after 5.
Hope you all had a good ride.

SwanTiger
23rd February 2006, 21:28
I enjoyed the ride, haven't been down some of those roads before. Though once we hit Wainui I managed to keep up around the back of the pack - roamed those roads on my GN every night.

Hope everyone made it back okay from the pub, saw an ambo racing south down SH17 coming home.

Blackbuell
23rd February 2006, 21:30
another good thursday night ride,thanks to Qkchk for organising,met some more kbers,got to the albany pub just in time for a feed of chips,

What's Frosty going to turn up on next one ????

Qkchk
23rd February 2006, 21:39
What's Frosty going to turn up on next one ????

:rofl: :rofl:

T.I.E
23rd February 2006, 21:46
couldn't make it to this one, as i have just woken up and heading off to work now. maybe next thursday. but i like the idea of it happening on a regular ocassion.

Qkchk
23rd February 2006, 21:56
First of all, a big thanks to all who made the effort and came out on the ride....... :2thumbsup 13 Bikes in total.....

Good ride had by all except poor old Frosty who had brought his 'el cheapo' runabout and suffered a frontal flat tyre. Keep us on our toes Frosty, what are ya going to bring next week? ;)

I was quite impressed by the standard of the newbie riders. One guy on a CBR250R had only been riding for a week, seemed a natural - was keeping up with the pack. We have even convinced someone from the public to join KB, he had just pulled up at the pumps (at Westgate) and Keystone asked if he wanted to join us for a ride in which he did, so hopefully we might see this 'newest' member on next thurs night and on the site soon. A big thanks to Keystone, Motobob, Zapf, Zed and Wonko for helping me out and guideing the new comers.

We have all agreed on an earlier meeting time for next week so we can take advantage of the light while it's still around. Meeting at Westgate @ 6.45 leaving at 7.15pm. Lets just hope the great weather is going to continue......... :sunny:

Phenoix
24th February 2006, 05:58
and making it to the pub by 8.30 for food :D

Devil
24th February 2006, 08:05
Would have been along but had just had a tooth taken out.

Will someone give Frosty their number? Co-ordinating a rescue for a ride you cant be on is no fun!

duckaddict
24th February 2006, 08:21
and making it to the pub by 8.30 for food :D

Yup, I was starving when we got there at 8.30 and the kitchen closes at 8.30 :oi-grr:

Zed
24th February 2006, 08:45
Thoroughly enjoyed myself last nite, thanks Qkchk for the organisation and everyone else for your participation. Good weather, roads, company, etc etc. Had a minor setback to the back of the pack cos i volunteered to go on a search and rescue mission for one of the newer riders who managed to miss the main turnoff to Silverdale and kept going about 5kms past Kaukop until i caught up and turned him around...wonder if he would have got to Wellsford b4 realising that no-one was behind him lol?

All fun & games, looking forward to the next one...:woohoo:

Ps. Where did Dover get to in the end?? We had a great blast up Old North/Peak Rd together then i never saw the dodgy fella again?? Good riding skills on the K5! :ride:

ManDownUnder
24th February 2006, 08:50
Sorry I had to pull out last night - it just wouldn't have been fair on my good lady wife... baby, tiredness and kids all day.

You get the picture.

Glad to see it was a goodun - I was thinking of you guys/gals.

Keystone19
24th February 2006, 10:17
Yep, nice ride alright. Good to meet some new crew as well. Umm, might not go tail end charlie next time...:whistle:

Having said that, well done to the newbie! Showing some good skills.

Zed
24th February 2006, 11:20
Sorry I had to pull out last night - it just wouldn't have been fair on my good lady wife... baby, tiredness and kids all day.

You get the picture.Duty calls! I was asking after your whereabouts last nite Nigel, missed ya!

GR81
24th February 2006, 12:24
new fella's name is 'random_shell_dude' or something i think. :yeah:
noticed he signed up last night

Keystone19
24th February 2006, 13:20
new fella's name is 'random_shell_dude' or something i think. :yeah:
noticed he signed up last night

:rofl: :rofl:

Excellent! He said he'd sign up with someting to do with the Shell station.

Although I'm rather miffed that he was far more interested in chatting up Motobob's 15 year old daughter and getting her number than paying any attention to the gorgeous, sexy motorcycle chick that invited him along in the first place...

Zed
24th February 2006, 14:08
...Although I'm rather miffed that he was far more interested in chatting up Motobob's 15 year old daughter and getting her number...Ahhh so that's why he came along, a secret agenda foiled afterwards by his attention to said daughter at Old Albany pub! Not much misses your eye Jill lol! :eek5:

justsomeguy
24th February 2006, 14:17
Thanks for a great evening ride QKCHK:2thumbsup

Was a pleasure as always.

Yeah I was pretty impressed with DuckAddict's riding too seeing as he had only been riding a week.

See ya's next Thurs, may not be able to stick around too late though ..... ah we shall see.

Enjoyed the lanesplitting back home too:lol:

SwanTiger
24th February 2006, 14:38
Although I'm rather miffed that he was far more interested in chatting up Motobob's 15 year old daughter and getting her number than paying any attention to the gorgeous, sexy motorcycle chick that invited him along in the first place...

She was only 15? !! looked a lot older, at least 18 !!

Don't worry, there will be plenty more riders to be found at petrol stations.

GR81
24th February 2006, 15:19
haha i was trying to work it out too... till someone said "looking forward to school camp?"

Zapf
24th February 2006, 15:38
LOL... was good to see / meet u all. tkans Qkchk for organising. See u all hopefully next week.

motobob
24th February 2006, 18:33
Thanks Dawn for orgaising the ride. It certainly had a bit of interest last nite. Trying to organise a bunch of bikes with multiple intersections was a bit of a test huh.

Hope Custards getting better.

Wonko
25th February 2006, 22:14
Glen enjoyed himself and is keen to come out on more rides. Fixed his taillight before we got back onto the motor way too. He say's thanks to everyone that followed, or led him around.