PDA

View Full Version : Bandit headlight, go twin or single?

poorbastard
17th February 2006, 08:28
Just about got the bandit up and running now all I need is a headlight and radiator.

Which brings me to the point should I keep it standard with the one light or should I put twin lights on the front?

Any other suggestions?

Sensei
17th February 2006, 09:25
Go Twin be different !

98tls
17th February 2006, 19:30
my mate just bought a real nice twin headlight for his 04 bandit from sportsbikes,looks real nice.

MidnightMike
17th February 2006, 19:31
Mmmmm twin headlights, do that, then post b4 and afta pics. :2thumbsup

thealmightytaco
17th February 2006, 19:53
Twin is rather class, but if the budget outweighs the added cool factor I'd stick with single, as long as it goes

poorbastard
17th February 2006, 20:37
price isnt really a factor toooo much just means I'll have to wait a little longer. Ok looks like twin it is.

erik
17th February 2006, 22:19
I say go with the single headlight, classic look.
Twin headlights look funny on a naked bike, like eyes or something. (IMHO of course)

yevjenko
18th February 2006, 13:50
Thinking of doing the whole twin headlight thing on my naked bandit. any idea on where to get hold of a set?

imho twin headlights need to be bigger than the picture poted above to make 'em look right.

Sketchy_Racer
18th February 2006, 15:23
i gotta twin light unit for a CBR250 if anyone wants her..... place an offer ;)

poorbastard
18th February 2006, 22:07
i gotta twin light unit for a CBR250 if anyone wants her..... place an offer ;)

Got a pic?

Sketchy_Racer
19th February 2006, 11:47
Check it out

poorbastard
19th February 2006, 23:20
Check it out

Cheers but lookin more for the whole chrome twin headlight type thing. Already got me a set similar off the GSXR laying round.

El Dopa
6th March 2006, 19:47
I'm looking at buying a Bandit, and I prefer the look of the 600N over the 600S.

Does anyone know if there is any real difference (electrical, structural) between the 600N and the 600S, apart from the obvious - fairing and twin headlight?

I'm thinking if an 'S' comes up for sale in my price range, I'll buy it and then remove the fairing and swap the headlight. Is this feasible?

Shadows
6th March 2006, 22:49
Apparently twin lights can be a problem because, especially at night, cage drivers waiting at intersections think that you are a car a lot further away then you actually are, as they don't expect a bike to have two headlights. So they pull out on you for a nice bit of T-Bone.
I think that's why a lot of the new twin headlighted bikes revert to only one bulb on low beam.
So if you go for two, I'd follow that example and wire them up similarly.

El Dopa
7th March 2006, 18:14
Apparently twin lights can be a problem because, especially at night, cage drivers waiting at intersections think that you are a car a lot further away then you actually are, as they don't expect a bike to have two headlights. So they pull out on you for a nice bit of T-Bone.
I think that's why a lot of the new twin headlighted bikes revert to only one bulb on low beam.
So if you go for two, I'd follow that example and wire them up similarly.

Would prefer to go for a single. I was just wondering whether if I remove a dual headlight and replace it with a single, without any other mods, is the fuse or summat going to cook?

Shadows
8th March 2006, 22:12
Would prefer to go for a single. I was just wondering whether if I remove a dual headlight and replace it with a single, without any other mods, is the fuse or summat going to cook?

I'm no sparky but I wouldn't think so. I would expect a single light to draw less current than a double so I can't see how there could be a problem.

El Dopa
9th March 2006, 19:36
I'm no sparky but I wouldn't think so. I would expect a single light to draw less current than a double so I can't see how there could be a problem.

Hmmm. Had a look at a damaged 600S yesterday. The front setup is quite different from the 600N.

I'd have to swap out the front end, replace the light, move the guages and speedo back and find a way of mounting 'em, and replace the (damaged) tail section to get a decent streetfighter.

Probably not worth it, but there's a little voice in my head saying: doitdoitdoitdoit....