PDA

View Full Version : Cant seem to stay legal...

bane
3rd April 2004, 20:42
Yep, i'll admit it, I broke the law every single day I was a learner... not once did I display an L plate, or keep to the :brick: 70 kph limit.

Two weeks ago I got my restricted - finally legal on the FXR...

Today I bought a GSX750F, and had a great time riding it back from Napier to the Waikato

The idea is (was) to put it away until I can sit my full license in 10 weeks time... but oh dear, I feel the temptation :devil2:

I know the GSXF is a porker, 30% underpowdered for a 750, air cooled, and has a frame that adam designed, but I still enjoyed every single second of making "white van man" disappear from my mirrors :banana:

k14
3rd April 2004, 21:53
Aye, how come you can go from your restricted to your full in 12 weeks??

bane
3rd April 2004, 22:14
Aye, how come you can go from your restricted to your full in 12 weeks??

If you are aged 25+, you can apply for your full license once you have had your resticted for 6 months, however...
...this can be reduced to 3 months if you have completed an approved riding course :rockon:

wkid_one
3rd April 2004, 23:10
If you are aged 25+, you can apply for your full license once you have had your resticted for 6 months, however...
...this can be reduced to 3 months if you have completed an approved riding course :rockon:Actually - you just need to do Defensive Driver Training - nothing to do with bikes at all.

bane
3rd April 2004, 23:24
Actually - you just need to do Defensive Driver Training - nothing to do with bikes at all.

oh... how bout an advanced driving course? did one of those about 8ys ago

wkid_one
3rd April 2004, 23:31
I think it has to be current - as in between the restricted and the full

bane
3rd April 2004, 23:34
bugger

there had to be a catch...

wkid_one
3rd April 2004, 23:36
i don't know for sure tho - you never know

gt244
4th April 2004, 09:29
Hi
Have you sold your FXR yet.

Two Smoker
4th April 2004, 10:37
Well wen under 25 you have do have had your restricted for 3 months before the course counts to get the time reduced, dont know about the other system though....

bane
4th April 2004, 10:50
Hi
Have you sold your FXR yet.

Going to keep the FXR and use it for the full license test, will probably sell it and free up some garage space after that (~early July).

Keep looking though, the FXR's are easy to learn on, and great fun. Put some decent tyres on (BT39s or MT75s), and in low speed corners you be as fast as anyone :rolleyes:

Hitcher
4th April 2004, 18:35
I don't blame you for not riding with an L plate. If you want to make a cager's eyes light up and have them tailgate you with a 10cm gap, but your L plate on! The 70kmh restriction on the open road is also a dumb and dangerous requirement. But I've never heard of a cop pinging an L rider for "moving with the flow" as long as they're not going quicker than 105kmh.

As Aretha Franklin once said, it's all about R E S P E C T!

Drunken Monkey
4th April 2004, 21:42
Going to keep the FXR and use it for the full license test, will probably sell it and free up some garage space after that (~early July).

Keep looking though, the FXR's are easy to learn on, and great fun. Put some decent tyres on (BT39s or MT75s), and in low speed corners you be as fast as anyone :rolleyes:

Good plan dude...Can I borrow it to sit my restricted test????
(yes I am a very bad man)

Slingshot
5th April 2004, 11:13
I'm in the same position, I did a defensive driving course around 10 years ago.
In the road code, it talks about "if you're under 25 the course must be done between the restricted & full license".
But if you're over 25 it doesn't say this, I bet the girls down at the ticketing office would pull you up on it though.

White trash
5th April 2004, 15:53
Good plan dude...Can I borrow it to sit my restricted test????
(yes I am a very bad man)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are going to fit RIGHT in down here brother!

(I do have a full licence)