PDA

View Full Version : Mods on my Bike...

MeHigh
19th February 2006, 17:57
Hi guys! It’s a big moment for me. After months of chopping ,stripping and designing, I’m starting to put on new parts, think about painting and stuff. Is nerve racking how much money and time you need for a true custom bike.
Is an 86 Sportster.
Right now is just the skeleton of my Baby!
Wide glide , double disk front with braided lines, chopped frame for a lower seat, big drag bar. The frame is sanded and waiting for the paint. New transmission from an 87 XL (C transmission).
The last 4 weeks I have emptied me credit card on Ebay….so now every day is like Christmas. New parts are coming with the currier every day. It’s great!!! Except the part when my wife is refusing to talk or have intimate moments with me. But you can’t have them all! Just kidding, she’s very supporting (and she’s locking over the my shoulder at the screen)!
So, I’m waiting for a 4,2 stretched softail tank, forwards controls, chrome fender struts, 96 up chromed handlebar controls, Arles Ness bullet hand grips, an Hypercharger(my favourite ), and a lot of other small parts…
I will update the thread every time I’m doing something to my baby… and is looking better(hopefully)
Cheers

Bonez
20th February 2006, 19:05
Looking fwd to seeing it develope.

MeHigh
7th March 2006, 15:18
Thanks Bonez. Not much interest here, but I don’t care , I’m marching in for my dream horse ! My baby is reviling some shapes:

Omega1
7th March 2006, 15:36
Bloody impressive, keep up the good work.

Cheers
O

vs04
7th March 2006, 16:32
You,ve got my attention mate.I,m likeing it,looking forward to seeing end result.:Punk:

Buster
7th March 2006, 16:44
Go hard mehigh! You set your goal now your makin it happen! Respect.
(good alias by the way):msn-wink:

Motoracer
7th March 2006, 17:44
That is a fukin NICE looking bike you got there!!! :yes:

selectedgrub
7th March 2006, 18:17
Righteous...

Troll
7th March 2006, 18:52
http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/

try this link for information and ideas

also for parts try usatwins.com they have excellent prices and a good website

Badcat
7th March 2006, 19:18
my street tracker project is rolling - and i'm ironing out the teething probs, so i know what a lot of work and waiting goes into what you're doing.
the bike looks sweet, keep up the updates!

ken

Shadows
8th March 2006, 16:49
Mate I quite like the look of what you are doing there. Really keen to see the end result. But whatever you do, don't put it together without powdercoating that frame!!!!!!

MeHigh
30th March 2006, 08:02
Thanks guys! I hope next week I can cutom paint it:whistle:

DemonWolf
30th March 2006, 08:07
Your bike is starting to look very impressisve... Great work! can't wait to see your custom paint job and the bike shinin!

WELL Done

Storm
30th March 2006, 21:12
Nice work mate, keep posting the work in progress

Cookie
31st March 2006, 13:20
Very cool MeHigh. :rockon:

I'll be watching with great interest. Thinking about doing something similar myself. [edit: one day, one day...]

What's the blue one in front of yours in one of the early photos?

bugjuice
31st March 2006, 13:23
awesome stuff!!!!!

MeHigh
28th May 2006, 02:43
I've made the bike as I seen it in my dreams… now I’m looking for an electrician to set my bike’ electric stuff and I’m on the road !
PS Any body can give me a name or ph number to a cheep guy that can put my electric stuff together? Thanks!
PSS Thanks for the appreciation guys!

ZeroIndex
28th May 2006, 08:38
I've made the bike as I seen it in my dreams… now I’m looking for an electrician to set my bike’ electric stuff and I’m on the road !
PS Any body can give me a name or ph number to a cheep guy that can put my electric stuff together? Thanks!
PSS Thanks for the appreciation guys!
is that the final result? DAMN :first:

have fun with that

MeHigh
31st May 2006, 08:17
The seat is done to!

Paul in NZ
31st May 2006, 08:48
Not quite my taste in modified bikes (hey, everyones is different eh) but bloody good onya, it looks great and you should be proud of it.

Have you sorted your electrics yet? If you managed to do the rest, I'd bet you could do them as well, it's not that tricky... Just take your time.

Cheers

Eurodave
31st May 2006, 10:31
The seat is done to!

Now, THAT, is one NICE work of art/seat::rockon:

ZeroIndex
31st May 2006, 10:40
wow.. how long did that seat take? green rep for that

MeHigh
6th June 2006, 13:56
My ride ... my pride!

WickedOne
6th June 2006, 14:16
My ride ... my pride!

Looks great MeHigh, well done!!!!:rockon:

MeHigh
28th August 2007, 12:14
From Jun I’m on the road with my baby… but was hard, re-vining, low volume cert , etc… I’ve put new pistons+ rings, hone the cylinders, cut a valve guide … end up with 11.5 compression! Uhaaaa!
The trany is fresh but something is rattling inside… have no idea what…

jrandom
28th August 2007, 12:35
KB being KB, I read the thread title, 'Mods on my bike', and had an entirely different mental picture to what you're talking about.

Lovely motorcycle, though!

:2thumbsup

owner
10th December 2007, 11:14
Well done mang, thats truely your bike.
enjoy :clap:

FilthyLuka
10th December 2007, 21:59
sweet bike dude... no one else has asked so i guess i should..

Whats a hypercharger? sounds cool.

Bruiser
10th December 2007, 21:59
From Jun I’m on the road with my baby… but was hard, re-vining, low volume cert , etc… I’ve put new pistons+ rings, hone the cylinders, cut a valve guide … end up with 11.5 compression! Uhaaaa!
The trany is fresh but something is rattling inside… have no idea what…

Sweet ride, and all your own work - well done that man.

Bling awarded.

Hook up for a ride sometime.

Wired1
11th December 2007, 12:01
Lookin good, can't go wrong with black...

hospitalfood
11th December 2007, 12:44
nice one, good looking bike

Storm
11th December 2007, 20:14
Beauty work mate, its always cool to see someone make thier own bike. Heres to many happy miles on it :D

scumdog
17th December 2007, 10:03
Love the seat postition, makes it look like you have a hard-tail when viewed from the front.
The whole bike looks good, great stuff:yes:

MeHigh
17th December 2007, 14:36
Thanks guys!
I thinking to strip the paint on the tanks and treat it somehow against rust… If it’s metal to be metal! But I have to research the problem, not to end up with a rust bucket.

fergie
17th December 2007, 15:00
I love the profile/rake/angle you have achieved, looks very rideable,well done.