PDA

View Full Version : Slipper Clutch for GSXR thou K4 "help please

GIXser
19th February 2006, 20:15
Had my first Puke Day on saturday "wicked to say the least" Andrew S was there, and totally helpful, he gave me some handy hints. " F#@K this guy can ride, Im doing 299 + on the back straight and he passes me like im on a tea break! "now im fired up and want to mod my bike and looking for suggestions" im thinkin a slipper clutch, as a starter, a dampner etc, any suggestions would be helpful,, and where the best place is for me to take it to??,, thanks in advance (im already running pirelli's,)

limbimtimwim
19th February 2006, 20:31
im thinkin a slipper clutch, as a starter, a dampner etc, any suggestions would be helpful,, and where the best place is for me to take it to??K5 onwards GSXR1000 has slipper clutch. I think I noticed Uncle_B's had a steering dampner too. Perahaps all you need to do is... Gedda new one..

Kickaha
19th February 2006, 20:37
Spend your money on your suspension and getting it set up properly

GIXser
19th February 2006, 20:42
thanks for the feedback any suggestions where to get this done ??? in auckland

Sensei
19th February 2006, 21:35
Robert Taylor Hawera Motorcycles 062784160 Ohlins dealer .

FROSTY
20th February 2006, 23:15
I woulda suggested brownie at coklemans --but he's gone

motobob
24th February 2006, 19:09
Robert Taylor Hawera Motorcycles 062784160 Ohlins dealer .

Or better still Shaun Harris at Moto Dynamix a spin. He is an Ohlins dealer. Shaun is on the site. Contact is, Wait for it "Shaun" or
Moto-Dynamix
PO BOX 8252
New Plymouth
M/B 027-2559143

Your Riding really picked up at the end didn't it. You going out there tomorrow?

bugjuice
24th February 2006, 19:52
the right rubber is a good start.
the suspension and a damper is probably the next best thing.
then develop your skill on the bike.
Don't forget the brakes too. may be think about upgrading the pads, altho most stock brakes on most bikes are pretty sharp..

motobob
24th February 2006, 20:28
the right rubber is a good start.
the suspension and a damper is probably the next best thing.
then develop your skill on the bike.
Don't forget the brakes too. may be think about upgrading the pads, altho most stock brakes on most bikes are pretty sharp..

Yeah good brakes is a start. My gixxer's ones aren't very confidence inspiring and at Puke I set the lever out a couple of clicks to my street position. No fun when the levers up against the grip and haven't hit the hairpin yet.

Shaun or Ray Clee might point you in the direction of clicker adjustment for the suspenders for a cheap start. Them gixxers move about a bit when the speed is up. Depends on whether you like it or not.