PDA

View Full Version : Another Suzuki TL1000 in Taranaki

DemonWolf
19th February 2006, 20:48
Get a call asking if I'd be interested in going to Wanganui in the weekend so that a friend can pick up a '99 TL1000s... I'm very keen :headbang:

So its arranged.. meetup at a mates place.. take off @ 12 to be in Wanganui by 2ish to pick up the bike.. they are taking a cage with me on my bike following.

Very good weather, makes it a beautiful ride to Wanganui... very few bikes out riding, but I give the few a friendly wave :spudwave: which was returned. Pretty un-eventful ride.. got bored following the cage, so took off a couple of times <_< and 'played'

Just before Wanganui I see the TL zoom past from the opposite direction, gave a wave.. and waited at the lake with the others until he turned up. The TL arrives not longer after.. sounding very impressive.. :not:

After a short discussion.. monies changing hand.. my mate is now the proud owner of a TL.. the cage takes off while I'm finishing up my choc ice cream and the new TL owner checking things on the new bike...

Right we'll off.. I'm following him, and after some k's I'm satisfied he's treating his new bike with its due respect I take off and play with some corners <_< very nice ride back to the Naki.. caught up with some other bikes at stratford, and thought we'd tag along with them, going at a very nice pace.. which we catch up to another rider tucked up... and they fall in line behind us.. going through a under-pass the first HP seen on the trip appears, I ensure that my speed is at the correct 'limit' after adjusting some variables.. and think nothing of it as the HP disapears after a corner or two.. But my mate tells me afterwards that the last bike we caught up may have not correctly readjusted for the correct limit and may also have failed taking the underpass and gone through some gravel :Oops: (although he wasn't 100% sure if it was a planned move), he also noted the HP turning around rather sharply and displaying some flashing lights to ensure the public saw him :Pokey: .

Anyway we are parked up at our mates place.. admiring both bikes and general chit-chat bullshit... we decide to have a bbq at Opunake and perhaps a beverage or two as well :drinkup: at a friends place.. so off we go, the chicks in the car and 2 TL's and a Honda interceptor (slight battle damage from pervious owner)... heading towards NP.. the traffic going to the Rugby match is streaming in.. a lady nearly takes out us, failling to giveway :eek5: she was looking rather apologetic. So after NP we'll cruising, enjoying the roads with nearly two other moments with the public not seeíng our 3 bike convoy.. we made it.. were alot of alcohol was consumed :apint: .. mainly by me.. alot of bullshit was talked.. mainly by me.. we crash there the night.. the ride back into town was rather interesting, I was rather impressed I didn't vomit in the lid, .. and now I've just finished a lover dinner at another friends place.. I'm feeling rather seedy.. the new TL owner is stoked and is in love with his bike..

There would have been pics.. but someone forgot to take spare batteries

Now there's at least 4 TL's in the Naki.. that I'll have to organise to go on some rides... gotta love the VTwins!

APPLE
19th February 2006, 20:55
yeh mate,Gotta love the twins?so do i..........cograts' on the 'S mates

soundbeltfarm
20th February 2006, 08:13
go the TL .
does the guy that bought the bike live in Opunake or N.P?
got all my hay done now so hopefully get my tyres and pads dont this week then im all go again.

DemonWolf
20th February 2006, 08:16
He lives in NP... we just went out to Opunake for a bbq.