PDA

View Full Version : Ride home from Paeroa stories here....

marty
19th February 2006, 21:32
rode with a busa and yellow duke 900 from paeroa to morrinsville - thanks for the heads up about the 5-0 on the swamp, otherwise a docile cruise at typical busa cruising speed. saw no feds after the swamp.

came over tauhara rd between moronsville and tauwhare and had a 'moment' on some loose gravel in the middle of the road and onto the grass verge, my pillion (14yr son) stayed cool though and after a no-brake/no gas slide/fishtail on the grass verge got back onto the road. phew.

got home to cold stellas, and a surprise birthday party! for me even!

Motoracer
19th February 2006, 21:59
Fuck, I'd be dropping my nuts!! Specially if I had my 14 year old kid at the back!! It would have given you one hell of a heart stopping moment for sure...

I'm glad you and your kid came away from it safely. :)

kiwifruit
19th February 2006, 23:57
i had a pretty sweet ride home,
up the kaimais then thru pyes pa and on to taupo
love those corners, esp going up the kaimais, great surface.
riding with 2 busas, dr650, vfr800 and a zx12
had a few roll on races with the zx12 (a friend of mine) was very interesting! :woohoo:

What?
20th February 2006, 05:26
Sweet ride home down Old Te Aroha rd.
Going up the Kaimai. just before the lookout, I see a bloke pushing a Hogley (!) UP the hill(!!) in about 30 degrees(!!!) wearing full leathers(!!!!). So, I turned around and went back to suss him out. Turns out he was out of juice (and most embarrassed by it...) so I went on home, got the leathers off, jumped in the ute and took him some gas.
Sad bit is, there were HEAPS of bikes going past and no bugger stopped.

Rashika
20th February 2006, 05:33
Sweet ride home down Old Te Aroha rd.
Going up the Kaimai. just before the lookout, I see a bloke pushing a Hogley (!) UP the hill(!!) in about 30 degrees(!!!) wearing full leathers(!!!!). So, I turned around and went back to suss him out. Turns out he was out of juice (and most embarrassed by it...) so I went on home, got the leathers off, jumped in the ute and took him some gas.
Sad bit is, there were HEAPS of bikes going past and no bugger stopped.
on ya mate! Hope you are around if that ever happens to me :yeah: Its good to know someone will stop, doesn't sound like many do though up that way :no:

NodMan
20th February 2006, 07:21
well I had a SHIT ride back to JAFFA land...with my mate flying ahead in the chopper (Thanks Westpac guys...not the way he really wanted to spend his 50th birthday but at least hes alive!!) I was buzzed by a large pack of the unwashed breatheran on there USA tractors all over double yella lines thru bends round the killing fields of Maramarua.

could of smoked em on the Turbo, could have hit em with me ticket books ,(but who needs all those days in court) but hey they are in such a rush to meet there maker who am I to stop them...hope they rest in peices and dont take out any real bikers or innocent people ...Bitch over!!

R6_kid
20th February 2006, 07:35
Sixpakbak, Superdave, Vtec and Pyrocam along with myself and Awesker as pillion went up through turua to SH25(?) and then along the Miranda-Kaiaua-Clevedon-Whitford route.

Didnt see any police that way, but we did a bit of supercruise.

Had a couple of hairy moments (should put the steering damper back on) including one where i came into a corner a bit faster than i wanted too but saved it by hooking in harder and ended up scraping my peg :sweatdrop Then scraped it again which was semi-deliberate.

Had a good pace through the twisty forest part and although Superdave and Vtec cleaned up in the 250's I still went well for two up on the R6.

Oh and hi to the prat on the Z1000 that had his 15yr old looking girlfriend with the most fucked up haircut i have ever seen on the back - good to see that double yellow lines mean nothing to you, especially near a residential area.

Ixion
20th February 2006, 11:19
.. I was buzzed by a large pack of the unwashed breatheran on there USA tractors all over double yella lines thru bends round the killing fields of Maramarua.

I came back that way instead of Miranda clevedon. Mistake. Too many Mum and Dada and SUV full of toys on way back from holiday wank palace.

And I gotta say, whatever idiot plastered double yellow lines damn near ALL THE WAY down Sh2, needs to taken away and put somewhere where they have nice soft walls. No wonder there's accidents on that road, there's just about nowhere left where y'can legally pass . And the passing lanes are a joke, with Twit1 plodding along in the passing lane at 86kph, to get past Twit2 in the othe rlane at 82kph.

I fell behind the group I was travelling with on the turn out of the Ngatea road (BMW is not fast out of the slot) and it was quite a task to get around Twits 1 to nnn and catch up again.

Did notice quite a few bikes ignoring the double yellows. Though, it is NOT actually illegal to pas on yellow lines - y'just have to do it without going over the yellow, and have the 100mtr of clear visibility thing. Normally (where the yellows have been INTELLIGENTLY applied) it's a meaningless concession, but on thta road now it is actually useful. I don't ordinarily condone crossing a yellow, reckon they're there for a purpose, but SH2 now is the exception. Those double yellows on that road are just stupid.

And I don't agree that there's anything dangerous about that road, except sunstrike. It's just that's it's the first (and for many the only) raod that incompetant twits encounter that isn't a "sit back o n cruise control and switch off brain" motorway. And too many "drivers" can't drive, they're just along for the road.

sAsLEX
20th February 2006, 11:27
dack to Ngatea, towards Miranda Left at the 25 corner after the springs onto 2 past castle, right into the hunuas off at ramarama, no 5-0, but also no bike to play with, passed some by the springs but they didnt want to keep up which was a shame!

NC30 handeled brilliantly as they always do, and it is with sadness to note that the new R6 feels like a pig to sit on compared to the NC

Lou Girardin
20th February 2006, 11:31
Had a mostly uneventful ride down and back. It was good to see a guy on a K1200S using it properly on the Miranda Rd.
The guy on the dirty grey litrebike with a fender eliminator at Waitakaruru wasn't quite so clever. I passed him as he was cruising a bit slower than me. A couple of hundred metres later I was about to overtake another bike when this clown passes real close at a good 80 k's faster, he'd closed up in my blind spot and it was only the second mirror check that I saw him.
Then he slows down to his previous speed which meant I had to pass him again.
WTF?
I know it's emasculating to be passed by a grandads bike. But I really didn't mean to cast aspersions on his manhood.
Still a great day though.

Ixion, you should see the double yellows heading north from Tauranga. Absolute insanity, areas with 400 - 600 metres vis are rendered impassable. Dumbing down? Or Transit control freaks at work?

Postie
20th February 2006, 11:37
did pretty much the same ride home as everyone else, through Clevedon and down to Pakuranga, some great twisties. Was a small group of myself, Cibby, Greameboy and GrahamNZ (funny bastard) and one of Greameboy's mate's on a CBR250r. No incidents to report other then as we were about to leave, some dude who was about 105 tried to ride his harley or somthing (was a total heap of shit, could have been a Rover) off one of the grass hills and presumably to the pub, he looked pretty drunk or stoned or both, he got about 4 meters, headed towards a parked car, wobbled, lost it and dropped the bike and rolled down the rest of the hill. People helped him up but no one was impressed, it was obvious that he wasn't sober.His seat came off and heaps of rubbish bags and shit came out. So thanks dude, for giving everyone a display of drunk riding. he was lucky that he only fell off on grass.

Yeh we did the clevedon bit on the way back...

Hit a LOAD of traffic from some kinda event they were having out that way, but gave me some fun carving up the cars around the corners...

Hooked up with another group of riders on the road, dunno if they're KBers, but was a decent ride back.

Grahameeboy
20th February 2006, 11:41
did pretty much the same ride home as everyone else, through Clevedon and down to Pakuranga, some great twisties. Was a small group of myself, Cibby, Greameboy and GrahamNZ (funny bastard) and one of Greameboy's mate's on a CBR250r. No incidents to report other then as we were about to leave, some dude who was about 105 tried to ride his harley or somthing (was a total heap of shit, could have been a Rover) off one of the grass hills and presumably to the pub, he looked pretty drunk or stoned or both, he got about 4 meters, headed towards a parked car, wobbled, lost it and dropped the bike and rolled down the rest of the hill. People helped him up but no one was impressed, it was obvious that he wasn't sober.His seat came off and heaps of rubbish bags and shit came out. So thanks dude, for giving everyone a display of drunk riding. he was lucky that he only fell off on grass.

No idea who the other guy was??.......he was at original meet at Clevedon.....yes GraemeNZ a funny guy but also scary........nice arse eh!!!!

erik
20th February 2006, 11:58
I had a good ride back on the Zeal. I took the first right after Canal Road West that crosses over to SH25 (I think?) and then into Old Miranda road rather than just taking the straights back to miranda.
They were fun roads if a bit narrow.
Then some fun in the twisties after Kaiaua (sp?) following a guy on a sportsbike with no safety gear (except for a helmet).

Fishy
20th February 2006, 12:08
Sixpakbak, Superdave, Vtec and Pyrocam along with myself and Awesker as pillion went up through turua to SH25(?) and then along the Miranda-Kaiaua-Clevedon-Whitford route.

Hey was that you that pulled up in the gassie as me and my mates were leaving? I was 2 up and there was a CBR400RR and CBR929RR a ZX9R and ThunderAce with me.

We had a slow boring ride home, followed the main road through to the Hunua turn off just passed the Castle then home through the back of Bombay.

awesker
20th February 2006, 13:50
Hey was that you that pulled up in the gassie as me and my mates were leaving? I was 2 up and there was a CBR400RR and CBR929RR a ZX9R and ThunderAce with me.

We had a slow boring ride home, followed the main road through to the Hunua turn off just passed the Castle then home through the back of Bombay.

yeah mate that was us.

Stroker Girl
20th February 2006, 14:23
Hey Ixion, were you travelling up the Bombay with another (red?) bike late arvo? I remember seeing a large white BMW pass me :o . I was on a red/white VFR with a couple of other bikes turning off at Bombay.

Two Smoker
20th February 2006, 16:08
Well other than the boy racer at 5 in the morning on the bombays thinking i wanted to race him (fucking wanker)...

All the bikers that didnt wave thanks when i pulled right over to the left so they could pass then they wanted too (I always wave, and im a sportsbike rider :eek5: )...

Also all the bikers that thought they could be racers on the way home...

sAsLEX
20th February 2006, 16:15
No idea who the other guy was??.......he was at original meet at Clevedon.....yes GraemeNZ a funny guy but also scary........nice arse eh!!!!

was that your lot I passed on the miranda straights?

Grahameeboy
20th February 2006, 16:25
was that your lot I passed on the miranda straights?

Yes you rascal.....I actually chased after you and saw you turn onto SH2 again but had to stop for the others.......was hoping to catch up for a chat at Paeroa but we will have a beer one day.......

Gixxer 4 ever
20th February 2006, 17:44
Unplanned seems to work the best. :yes: I had a plan for months but work soon stuffed that. A long story. I sent morepower an Email bout 6.30am on Saturday and suggested we head away after lunch. After a few calls we were off. Man it was hot. Great ride from Napier to Taupo. Got the tyres warmed for the rest of the run. As morepower travels the country he picked the trip from Taupo.
So out of Taupo to Whakanaru then past lake arapuni (sp). :blip: What a great bit of road. Got to love the corners. Saw a few uro bikes as we left the lake going the other way. Then to Te Awamutu. Stopped for fuel and a drink. Bloody hot. So where to now morepower? Raglin was the answer so off we headed. Now that is a great ride. Got to love the hill. What's with the grooving in da road? :scratch: Then Raglin to Hamilton. Crash at son's flat. That shower was great. Then out for a feed. Thanks to the flat mate that partied till late. Glad you went to town. :bye: Sorry you came back.:nono: But it is your flat. :yes: Up at 5.30. Cook a feed and grab the map. Head outa town south to try the Kaimais. Now that was good. Bugger all traffic. Had a great ride. Think I slowed morepower down a bit but hey I got there first. Then to Paeroa.
Wandered off and had a good chat to Craig Shirriffs. What a great guy. Got to see some pic's of the bike I ride. He raced it in 96-97. He went out of his way to chat and have the pic's for me to see. A top rider and great man. You rock Craig.
Then off to watch some warm up and practise. Short skirts and long hair. ooops :nono: sorry I got distracted.
Morepower was going to Auckland. We talked about the idea of round the coro loop then head off in different directions. We looked at the map and the clock. Changed the plans completely and headed to Opotiki. Traffic from Paeroa was a pain. Car hopped all the way to Whakatane. Then clearish to Opotiki. Bloody plod hiding in the shade. You got to love the detector. Smile sir I see you too. And your mate. That detector is paid for.
Then play time. With the new set-up I was keen to play. I got to lead into the gorge heading to Gizzy. Started out slow and slowly speed up. I was getting a bit ragged but enjoyed the play. Then Morepower passed and took the TL with the new Strada rear for a hard run. I am sure if the GSX-R had a good rider it should be able to beat that TL but I just don't have big enough balls. Darn that thing can go. So we got to Gizzy and I was stuffed. Still had to get home to Napier. Filled yet again. Headed to Wairoa. The sun was very low by this time and made the riding hard. Had to stop and reclean the visor cos the sun was making a nice pattern I couldn't see through. Off again at a good pace. ( for me ) The TL put some juice in and it was just starting to get dark. Outa town and cranked up the pace a bit. Was a great ride. Except for the Goats on the road. Got in the gate as the night set in.
Travelled 1152 km in total. The heat was horrible but the trip was a blast.
Da racing great and the skirts short enough. hmmm (Mrs Gixxer4ever takes note).:o
In closing I would like to thank Morepower for a great trip and good company. My son for the bed. To Craig I would like to say thanks for all you did. You're the man. And to you Mr plod.......tis nice to play on an even playing field. Have a nice day sir.................
Ummmm I only have eyes for you Mrs Gixxer 4 ever:first:
And if you find spelling errors :bash:

SixPackBack
20th February 2006, 18:26

Oh and hi to the prat on the Z1000 that had his 15yr old looking girlfriend with the most fucked up haircut i have ever seen on the back - good to see that double yellow lines mean nothing to you, especially near a residential area.

Gareth I took off after that clown, turns out he was a patched "Christian biker" toss pot. Not really supprised, holier than thou and still an arse wipe!

The_Dover
20th February 2006, 18:28
Gareth I took off after that clown, turns out he was a patched "Christian biker" toss pot. Not really supprised, holier than thou and still an arse wipe!

I think I know that dude, he's a yarpie. Was he with anyone else? A silver K3? A CBR600RR?

sunhuntin
20th February 2006, 18:30
managed to swap saturday and monday shifts just in time to allow for loading and oiling the bike friday night. left wangas about 10amish saturday...went via bulls and desert road. filled at bulls, then hauled ass.
nothing major, just stunned by the beautiful scenery...havent been that way for years, certainly not recent enough that id remember. saw a lot of bikes heading south, and a few heading north. got stuck in traffic just after turangi...goddam runners! took me 2 hours to get from turangi to taupo. wasnt so much the runners, but their support vehicles, pulling in and out without warning...got sick of dragging my feet and split where i could, either side of the cars, depending on space.
had lunch and filled again at taupo...tried to talk a young girl at the bp to learn how to ride when she was admiring Scuffy. kept on going...considered finding my aunts place at rotorua, but decided i didnt have time. stopped at te aroha and got cash out. finally arrived at paeroa...booked tentsite in waihi and crashed out after being semi stung by a bee and a cop who pointed out my non-existant back light.
headed home around 12, packed up the tent and then headed south. couple of cops along the way...stopped at matamata warehouse for a nosey and a stretch. found my aunts house in rotorua, she wasnt home so went to other aunts house and crashed the night.
was up at 7am and on the road by 8-ish. ran into the thickest fog ive ever seen between rotorua and taupo, a good 40-odd k of it...thick and impossible to see through. had water running down my face and mirrors.
long ride home...stopped about 3 times along the desert road to warm up...wound up putting on a jersey and thick gloves. noticed just after taihape the speedos only reading 60k...surely im goin faster? speed up a bit and bugger me it drops to 20k...currently its reading 0 and the tripmeters not moving, which makes measuring petrol harder. dimwits where i bought the bike wont look at it till wednesday.:spudwhat:

other than that..all good. filled the bike 6 times:
bulls: $11
taupo: $10
paeroa:$12.5
rotorua: $9.80
turangi: $8.48
bulls: $7.75

didnt hit reserve once, and $12 is the average fill from dead dry/half used reserve. not bad for a GN!!

sunhuntin
20th February 2006, 18:37
someone will...not you though. ah well, whatever.

froggyfrenchman
20th February 2006, 18:52
Fizzer on his gs1200ss and me on a barly painted fzr750 left hastings friday avo. Got to gizzy in real short order and scuffed tires. Stayed friday night in gisborne at a friends house. Sat morning, with a rf900 added to the convoy we headed north up the coast. That 1st gorge before Opatiki was awesome, anahilated the chicken strips on the borrowed fzr. Got passed by a duke 749 who kindly kicked up a stone large enough to shatter the left headlight. Got to paeroa bout 1pm.

Came home the other way, through rotovegas and taupo, man i have got to get a detector! We were running with a borrowed one on the 1200, and it saved my licence at least 5 times today! Shit that fzr has good brakes...

We were moving at a pretty serious rate of knotts all weekend, so sorry to any of you we may have passed in an unconventional fasion.

Qkchk
20th February 2006, 19:00
someone will...not you though. ah well, whatever.
Nah he only looks at the pictures - SHIT, there aint any..........

NhuanH
20th February 2006, 19:09
Survived Paeroa 06 there and back with no incident, thanks to the patented and removable ISCARP (Integrated Seat Cover And Pack Rack).

Only had to glance in mirrors occassionally for the knees that weren't mine. Even came with automatic pack attach feature!

The_Dover
20th February 2006, 19:15
Nah he only looks at the pictures - SHIT, there aint any..........

Correction "HE ONLY LOOKS AT THE NUDIE PICTURES"

Thank you.

Kornholio
20th February 2006, 19:19
As we only live about 15 mins away from Paeroa we usually pile into the car and drive over... so we can get pissed to bits too :D This year we picked up an extra passenger on the way back (aye MT :P ) so I volunteered for the boot ride home(lucky its an 03 Commodore, could have a had a little party in there if I had some female company :/ )
Armed with a Black Heart RTD and Fish's pipe we were off :)...had the boot open a crack so I could breathe n shit, and gave a couple of bikers a bit of a fright when they came up the car and the boot opened followed by a thumbs and a flash with the rum bottle lol....by the way his eyes lit up and swerved I think he thought I was gonna biff it at him lol....wouldnt waste a rum mate :D
Got back to Spuds place for a BBQ and more piss and then Mental Trousers better half turned up and dragged his sorry ass back home(hangover today Shane?)

Was good to meet Sensei, Kittie, GarethD and Krash69 and caught up with a few old faces...LOL at Boomer meeting Sensei and starting up the ol Windmill ready to take him out lol... Jesus Dunc you would need a big sledgehammer by the size of him.... Great day, oh and Affman who was with you when I seen ya over the stopbank, couldnt remember his name?

Qkchk
20th February 2006, 19:29
Stayed down in Te Awamutu on Sat night then headed up SH26 (not a bad bit of boring road) through to Morrinsville, Te Aroha and then Paeroa. Met a few bikers in Morrinsville, a ZXR400 and pillion then followed a RG500 from there all they way to Paeroa... had an old man (what is it with the old buggers?) on a RS1100? BMW (flat twin) who was keeping up to us on the straights but somehow forgot how to lean into corners......... :weird:

When we got there we bumped into Damon and Nigel, Keystone, Motobob, Mv Senna and Boomer. Found Dover and Vicki up on the hill (down on the northern corner by the Shell Station - the start of the long straight) as well as Aff-man, Hanlo, Zrxer and (is it Coldkiwi?) sat in the sun (well it was kind of shaded) got sunburnt....... :sunny:

Custard had come down with me on the 'busa. He's got a cast on his wrist/arm at the moment and he started getting pains and pressure building up under his cast. We decided to head off home and saw Aff-man and crew heading off so we decided to join them. Custard was starting to get in a bit of pain by now so we gapped it back to Auckland (sorry if I annoyed anyone, it wasnt intentional...) following yet another 500 2-stroke TZ500? (the yammy version of the RG if thats what is called), rushed him in A & E and finally got seen to @ 11.45pm that night. (We waited for 5 hours to be seen..... :angry2: ) he ended up having a huge infection in the metal rods he has in his wrist (dare I say it - PUS!), so it was night-night nursey and has to stay in overnight tonight too, eating hospital dinners and sucking on bags of IV antibiotics..... :(

While we were waiting (and the reason we had to wait for so long..) there were a couple of bad crashes up north and a few nasty motobike crashes coming back from Paeroa - has anyone heard about these / how they are?

WINJA
20th February 2006, 19:38
Stayed down in Te Awamutu on Sat night then headed up SH26 (not a bad bit of boring road) through to Morrinsville, Te Aroha and then Paeroa. Met a few bikers in Morrinsville, a ZXR400 and pillion then followed a RG500 from there all they way to Paeroa... had an old man (what is it with the old buggers?) on a RS1100? BMW (flat twin) who was keeping up to us on the straights but somehow forgot how to lean into corners......... :weird:

When we got there we bumped into Damon and Nigel, Keystone, Motobob, Mv Senna and Boomer. Found Dover and Vicki up on the hill (down on the northern corner by the Shell Station - the start of the long straight) as well as Aff-man, Hanlo, Zrxer and (is it Coldkiwi?) sat in the sun (well it was kind of shaded) got sunburnt....... :sunny:

Custard had come down with me on the 'busa. He's got a cast on his wrist/arm at the moment and he started getting pains and pressure building up under his cast. We decided to head off home and saw Aff-man and crew heading off so we decided to join them. Custard was starting to get in a bit of pain by now so we gapped it back to Auckland (sorry if I annoyed anyone, it wasnt intentional...) following yet another 500 2-stroke TZ500? (the yammy version of the RG if thats what is called), rushed him in A & E and finally got seen to @ 11.45pm that night. (We waited for 5 hours to be seen..... :angry2: ) he ended up having a huge infection in the metal rods he has in his wrist (dare I say it - PUS!), so it was night-night nursey and has to stay in overnight tonight too, eating hospital dinners and sucking on bags of IV antibiotics..... :(

While we were waiting (and the reason we had to wait for so long..) there were a couple of bad crashes up north and a few nasty motobike crashes coming back from Paeroa - has anyone heard about these / how they are?
you WENT PAST ME AND CRAZY STEVE , YOUR PILLION HAD A VEST ON DIDNT HE? WE WERE IN THE VAN , TWAS BETWEEN TEAROHA AND PAEROA

The_Dover
20th February 2006, 19:40
Was Gravy_Steve sucking your cock as a chick flew past you on a busa, you old fag???

Qkchk
20th February 2006, 19:41
you WENT PAST ME AND CRAZY STEVE , YOUR PILLION HAD A VEST ON DIDNT HE? WE WERE IN THE VAN , TWAS BETWEEN TEAROHA AND PAEROA
Guilty as charged.

Custard couldn't fit any jacket of anysort over the cast :( The vest was the last resort........... :dodge:

Did I cut you off? :shake:

Ixion
20th February 2006, 19:47
Who the fuck will actually read that??????
Me
and me .

WINJA
20th February 2006, 19:48
Was Gravy_Steve sucking your cock as a chick flew past you on a busa, you old fag???
YOU REALLY SEEM TO BE STUCK ON THIS FAG SUBJECT AT THE MOMENT, ARE YOU HIDING SOMETHING FROM US ?:motu:

NinjaBoy
20th February 2006, 19:50
Survived Paeroa 06 there and back with no incident, thanks to the patented and removable ISCARP (Integrated Seat Cover And Pack Rack).

Only had to glance in mirrors occassionally for the knees that weren't mine. Even came with automatic pack attach feature!

One way to describe your Pillion. You have to pillion more often so that KG and I can keep up more often.

The_Dover
20th February 2006, 19:51
YOU REALLY SEEM TO BE STUCK ON THIS FAG SUBJECT AT THE MOMENT, ARE YOU HIDING SOMETHING FROM US ?:motu:

Yes WINJA, I love you and idolise you.

You're abuse is so sexy I want to fill your fat ass with my man gravy, I'm so jealous of gravy_steve it's not funny.

Be mine you tubby bitch, I dream of you.

Qkchk
20th February 2006, 19:55
Yes WINJA, I love you and idolise you.

You're abuse is so sexy I want to fill your fat ass with my man gravy, I'm so jealous of gravy_steve it's not funny.

Be mine you tubby bitch, I dream of you.
Why dont the two of you just get a room? :puke: Pretty sure there must be plenty of bitch-sweat to share around.......... just watch Dovers nipples, it could get tricky.........

2_SL0
20th February 2006, 20:04
One way to describe your Pillion. You have to pillion more often so that KG and I can keep up more often.

Hmmm, yep I was thinking, sweet a pillion will slow him down on the straights, so I wont be in loss of licence land by 2 much. NOPE. Mental note pillion on ZX6R can not see the speedo. Hence I noticed thruout the journey the speed slowly increased.
But it was a good run down and a good run back up. Ran into some menace on a GSXR doing wheelies. What is the world coming to.

NinjaBoy
20th February 2006, 20:23
rode with a busa and yellow duke 900 from paeroa to morrinsville - thanks for the heads up about the 5-0 on the swamp, otherwise a docile cruise at typical busa cruising speed. saw no feds after the swamp.

came over tauhara rd between moronsville and tauwhare and had a 'moment' on some loose gravel in the middle of the road and onto the grass verge, my pillion (14yr son) stayed cool though and after a no-brake/no gas slide/fishtail on the grass verge got back onto the road. phew.

got home to cold stellas, and a surprise birthday party! for me even!

Good to hear you managed a recovery.... were you on a Guzzi filling up at Ngtea ? ( in a long line ?)

c4.
20th February 2006, 21:25
Had an awesome trip down from Ak central, Pwr tech on his thumping 900 super sprot, and me on my new M1000, it was never going to be a real slow trip. Managed to turn off at east tamaki, right before the laser cop, thru whitford out to kaiaua, what an excellent morning in the firth.Lost sight of PT up outa kawakawa, just grooving thru the corners, coming out the other side towards the coast when my world explodes with some one blasting past me :ar15: like he'd stolen it, picked up my pace a little, but no way was I goin to stay anywhere near him. Got to thinking that moving out like that some one must be chasing hard:chase: . Sure enuff 90 seconds later the wiry frame of aff-man flies thru, I don't know why you waste money on seating Aff, you're always stacked out one side or the other. Tapped on a bit as road opens up into straights, found PT waiting *patiently* and managed to see aff and mate (who?) holding the intersection for no doubt the rest of the Kbers from manukau.
Slowed down a bit and waved. Rest of the run in was great. Had an excellent day at the track, and a routine run up main rd hm. Small amount of humour as we passed same group of 4 bikers 3 times trying to find a gas station with no queue. Apologies if we pissed anyone off, they were a little more sedate than we wanted to be. Top day, 9.5 outa 10.:cool:

Morepower
26th February 2006, 14:22
Unplanned seems to work the best. :yes: I had a plan for months but work soon stuffed that. A long story. I sent morepower an Email bout 6.30am on Saturday and suggested we head away after lunch.
snip...
:

:wavey: What he said :niceone:

Great trip thanks steve, That Gixers quick enough particularly on the track !

Dave

marty
26th February 2006, 15:51
nah i was on the busa, didn't go near ngatea or sh2 - stayed on the back rds all the way to cambridge