PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Chocks

wkid_one
4th April 2004, 19:34
Nice Idea this....had I seen it earlier before I decided to buy something else.

The All New L.A.ChockTM has been redesigned to include all the original features but with added features and lighter weight that will make it even more user friendly. The new LA Chock is easily adjustable for any size front tire from 80mm to 160mm wide. The chock is also adjustable for large and small diameters. The new LA Chock weighs in at 28 lbs. and can fold down for easier transport and storage.
Simply roll or ride the motorcycle into the stand and the capture mechanism solidly grabs the tire and holds the motorcycle up right. Just two straps on the rear securely hold the bike for transport.
This stand is great for those motorcycles without a center-stand and makes changing oil or washing the bike a breeze.
This chock must be bolted down when used for trailering!

http://www.parts411.com/parts411/images/FCYSTAM-1102-BTC.JPG
http://www.parts411.com/parts411/images/FCYSTAM10B-BTC.JPG
http://www.parts411.com/parts411/images/FCYSTAM10-BTC.JPG

Motu
4th April 2004, 19:56
I have a very similar one,made in Frankton New Zealand,in 2 minutes I have the seat out of my van,the rack goes in with a couple of wing bolts and we are done.Roll the bike up the ramp and just throw it in,a couple of tie downs at the front and the bike is secured,very steady,no need for rear tie downs.After years of hobbling around in vans or tottering on trailers holding onto the bike while I try and find the lost tie down this thing is bliss.It also goes on my trailer,no real nead to bolt it,you just need to stop it moving,can also be used on the workshop or pit floor,handy if you want to work on the left side of the bike on a side stand too.

My only complaint is the release lever is on the left - I'm a lefty and stand on the right side of my bike...also as it comes off you may need to grab the brake,which is over on the right side.It would be easy to change it over,but I don't use that feature anyhow.Sorry,they only have black.

matthewt
4th April 2004, 20:01
Ventura (who make the headlight guards and pack racks) also make these. They are around the $200 mark. Quite good to bolt to a standard trailer if you don't want to fork out for a bike trailer.

svs
5th April 2004, 09:57
Ventura (who make the headlight guards and pack racks) also make these. They are around the $200 mark. Quite good to bolt to a standard trailer if you don't want to fork out for a bike trailer.

Any idea where from? I looked on their web site, but no mention...

Eddieb
5th April 2004, 10:56
They used to use something much like these on the channel tunnel from UK to France, very handy and easy to use and the bike hardly moved at all.

matthewt
5th April 2004, 10:58
Any idea where from? I looked on their web site, but no mention...

Motomart in Lower Hutt had one a few weeks ago. Didn't see it on Saturday so it mayhave sold. They should at least have details on it.