PDA

View Full Version : 2HOT2 Handle 2006

2Hot2 Handle
20th February 2006, 15:06
Hey just wanted to let you know that 2HOT2 Handle 2006 will take place at Wellington's Westpac Stadium on April 8 and 9. Any of you who came along last time will know what a wicked show it was - fantastic display bikes inside the concourse, and many wheelstands and burning tyres on the track. If anyone wants to race, you can get a registration form from www.2hot2handle.co.nz or pm me for further information that you can't find on the website.

Charlie
20th February 2006, 15:18
Yeah I went last year; some primo cars and bikes on show. Some crazy rockets in the drags too! Will be there this year for sure too.

bugjuice
20th February 2006, 15:20
sounds cool..
could I have a go at racing the nitehawk?

Colapop
20th February 2006, 15:47
Got in for free last year, wandered over the track in between races.... I promise to pay this year though....

White trash
20th February 2006, 17:44
Shame you didn't reply to the PM I sent you last year offering my services. The REAL stunt show's on at Meremere the same weekend this year.

You're welcome.

2Hot2 Handle
15th March 2006, 22:02
Sorry White trash - see my PM.

What I wanted to say is:

Cruise with 2HOT2 Handle and ZM and be in to win the ULTIMATE in ride customisation!

Aussie air-brushing legend Tony Vowles will be showing his work at 2HOT2 Handle 2006. If you register with ZM on Friday 17 March at 7pm, at Mag and Turbo, Adelaide Road, Wellington, you could win a FREE air-brushing of your ride’s bonnet (or tank) by Tony at the show.

2Hot2 Handle
20th March 2006, 17:09
A quick reminder that registrations for racing at 2HOT2 Handle closed on Friday (but you could probably squeeze in if you were very keen. Also registrations for outdoor display area ( By the race pits) closes tomorrow.

Sparky Bills
23rd March 2006, 08:54
Come on people! Whos entering?
Was great fun last year, and this years going to be even bigger!

jimbo600
23rd March 2006, 17:09
Is it to late to enter? Forms say entry by 17th March

Sparky Bills
23rd March 2006, 17:23
Is it to late to enter? Forms say entry by 17th March

If you want to enter, give me a buzz at work!

2Hot2 Handle
1st April 2006, 21:46
One week to gotill April 8 and 9! We are a bit heavy on cars (light on bikes) this year so if you are keen to show off to an audience of thousands, and have a huge amount of fun, register on www.2hot2handle.co.nz. Otherwise just come along and have an awesome day (or two). Britten and Buckleigh (sp) bikes on display. I think Aaron Slite (sp) is going to ride it. We are also plannng to run a Grant Russell Memorial race - so any of you who knew him, please get in touch. www.2hot2handle.co.nz or 021 688 669.

Velox
1st April 2006, 22:14
Is it $25 to be in it or to go to it? And what exactly do you do if you're 'in it'?

jimbo600
1st April 2006, 22:55
Right comon all the welly massive who can't make it to the stuntwars thing in AK. Get involved with the 2 hot 2 handle thing and make a weekend of it. Should be a right ol' barrel of larfs. Sign up show off as it makes a change to do this shit legally

2Hot2 Handle
2nd April 2006, 12:27
Is it $25 to be in it or to go to it? And what exactly do you do if you're 'in it'?
It is $25 entry to the stadium (exhibition inside, pits, walkway to watch racing, etc). Grandstand seats are $10 per seat per session. It is $50 race entry fee, which gives you two passes . If you are "in it" you race down the 1/8thmile drag strip on Waterloo Quay beside the stadium. Drags are organised by Capital Rodders. You can still see the rubber on the road from last time!

Sparky Bills
7th April 2006, 09:02
Got all my tickets/entry stuff.
Whos going?

Great chance to see some fellow KBers showing how holiginsm is really done:niceone:

Hope the weather holds out for us!

jimbo600
7th April 2006, 09:31
yep mee too. Thing is me and the chef were going anyway so that would have cost $50 entry fee. Entering into the events only cost $50 and you get two tickets anyhoo so its a bit like entering the bike for free. Weather looks good just a bit windy so there could be wheelie carnage.

Deano
7th April 2006, 09:39
I'm working earlier in the day but hope to get in and see some action and support Jimbo. Go Welly Massif

Wasp
7th April 2006, 16:10
Any way i an get on or nearer the track? I'll be wearing my KB shirt so say hi :)

By the way, what time and days are you guys racing on? I really want to go and watch you guys showing how its done aye.

MD
7th April 2006, 19:31
Excellent Jimbo. See you all tomorrow morning at check in time. Might be a long day with lots of hanging around between events or whatever we get to do. Walked the length today- or should I say the short? Where the crowd seating is is right on the start line so unless you want to wheelie in first gear, it's going to be hard to get up to liftoff speed (if you know what I mean) before you have gone passed the crowd? From there to the overbridge is a fair distance though. Just not sure if the punters are down that end of the straight? Tomorrow will tell I guess. I've got a new rear so don't expect burnouts from this tight arse. Anyway the MV Lad and any others on 1000s have the horsepower for that antic.
Even dug out the ole mohawk- a chance to sport some hair.

jimbo600
7th April 2006, 19:46
Excellent Jimbo. See you all tomorrow morning at check in time. Might be a long day with lots of hanging around between events or whatever we get to do. Walked the length today- or should I say the short? Where the crowd seating is is right on the start line so unless you want to wheelie in first gear, it's going to be hard to get up to liftoff speed (if you know what I mean) before you have gone passed the crowd? From there to the overbridge is a fair distance though. Just not sure if the punters are down that end of the straight? Tomorrow will tell I guess. I've got a new rear so don't expect burnouts from this tight arse. Anyway the MV Lad and any others on 1000s have the horsepower for that antic.
Even dug out the ole mohawk- a chance to sport some hair.

Sparky was good enough to donate a burn out tyre for me so I might be up for it. Wheelies might be a mission in the wind, so we'll see how we go on the day. I hope my wheelie mojo doesn't desert me tomorrow. Other than that I'll see ya tomorrow.

Sparky Bills
7th April 2006, 21:18
Gave the bike a bit of a clean, am looking forward to it all.

Oh and Mark...
You wont need to worry about the crowd seeing you.. There will be people everywhere!
The stadium carpark was completly full last year, and on the overbridge.
the seating on the start line is where most of the action in drags are.
Most people want to see the cars launch from standstill. Thats why they dont go all the way down.

MD
9th April 2006, 17:35
Well that was something different. Two days playing on an inner city public road. They had too many cars to get through the runs so we didn't get many runs each day down the Waterloo Quay drag strip. But that became our second choice playground anyway. Aotea Quay behind the Stadium (Northern end towards the ferry terminal) was also closed off so us motorcyclists being such clever pricks put this to proper use and spent half our time doing wheelies up and down Aotea Quay. Got our own mini-crowd going of spectators on the rear stadium platform.
Normally car drifters put me to sleep at the mention of the word but the display on Sat. was impressive, like syncronised car ballet.
Then there was the jet car ! Unbelievable noise and speed. Didn't know Kawasaki made jet engines.
Don't know why some of the racers took the 1/8 m timings so seriously. Even the Organisers made it clear it was an exhibition not a serious drag racing event. Don't know how many times I tried to tell the startline Guy who was trying so hard to line us all up for the start lights that I wasn't interested in being timed - I was just here for the wheelies.
Some great stuff inside the Stadium. Ferraris, Lambo, an awesome Astin Martin and Bentley and lots of other hot rods and the like. If you were that way inclined you may have noticed the dozens of promotional/Dolly girls in sexy outfits wandering about causing wiplash for half the blokes.
And thanks Jimbo & Sparky for the company.

jimbo600
9th April 2006, 17:57
Shit hot day. Awesome stuff. Apparently the crowd appreciated the wheelies. The commentator said "Ah these bikies usually like to show off rather than do runs, but the bikes are in fact very fast typically running a 1/4 in under 11secs"

Talk about pressure though. Thousands of folk watching makes you want to deploy the 'A' game.

Also I want a jet car for Xmas. Amazing.

Off to the audiologist Monday to get my hearing checked. Big nitrus running V8's had rooted my hearing.

More bikes are in order for next year. Maybe the scared sheep Sqn could do a stunt demo?

Sparky Bills
9th April 2006, 22:24
FARKIN PUMPIN WEEKEND!!!
Got lots of video footage and a few stills.
Will post them up as soon as i can.
Even got the dude on the motard going a little too far with his wheelie on camera too!
If you didnt go, you missed out. Plain and simple.
The show was amazing. In the stadium and down the drag strip.

2Hot2 Handle
20th April 2006, 21:29
Glad you enjoyed the show - and thanks for being part of it!!!:rockon: 2007

Wasp
20th April 2006, 21:37
Can we get parking next year? please please pretty please? you let all those boy ricers in their rice mobiles park there......