PDA

View Full Version : Time to get this thing going.

Nukles
25th October 2002, 16:43
ok all Ducatists in NZ will have to report here soon or i'll be handin' some spankin' FOR FREE !

hehe :beer: so i can :calm: down.

duke
25th October 2002, 20:29
ok Oli, did you hear about my flaking rockers? I did a routine check on the Panatah valve clearances a few days ago and the vertical cylinder exhaust closing rocker was 4 thou out of spec. When I went to reshim, I found the hard facing from the rocker was pealing away.:argh:

Luckilly I had a spare, so I put that in :done: so I have just got to reshim. Got a new shim from Haldanes yesterday and will put it in tomorrow, racing on Sunday.

Does anyone know what material the hard facing is? I'm thinking of repairing the old rocker by metal spraying.

regards

Phil (Duke)

Nukles
25th October 2002, 21:37
damn Pantah aye ?

i thonk that the plating on these rockers is supposed to be something hard-core but i don't know exactly what.

i know that at Air Canada they use nickel plating for high tolerences but i don't know if that would be suited for these rockers.

i guess you should ask around in the General forum on Infopop.

duke
25th October 2002, 21:54
Originally posted by Knuckles
i guess you should ask around in the General forum on Infopop. [/B]

I've posted on the ducatilist - no replies yet. I am thinking of taking the flaked rocker to the NZ Metal Industries conference next week in Rotorua. I know the NZ expert on metal spraying. I think the hard facing might be tungsten carbide. I saw a metal shaving in the sump oil when I drained it last week. Thought is must have been aluminium as steel would have stuck to the magnetic drain plug. Could have been a flake from the rocker I suppose - non magnetic. I'll let you know what I find out.
regards
Phil

wari
4th November 2002, 17:03
Maybe I drank too much as a teenager ?:beer:

Nukles
4th November 2002, 17:45
but guys... Rockers are flaky by nature, look at Def Leppard :brick:

wari
9th November 2002, 23:25
... Ozzy Osbourne ... that's fricking funny tv mate.

:done: