PDA

View Full Version : I've done it !!!

stmdvr
20th February 2006, 20:57
Hi All, after not owning a bike for 10 years, I've gone and got a old Suzuki Rg250, it's not the NC30 I'd been saving for, but it will be a great bike on some of the roads around Greymouth/westcoast :yeah: I've been looking at those roads for 2 years now and been itching to ride them on a bike!! and now the time isn't far off :cool: anyway I need some help in finding a right mirror for it and can anyone recommend a good front tire for the bike and a good tire shop ( in CHCH ) also any recommendations on helmet, jacket, gloves etc any comments or help is good !

Jeffrey

SDU
21st February 2006, 10:05
Welcome back into the fold. Enjoy those roads.
Pitlane (cycletreads) on Manchester St are good for tyres and checkout their gear as well. I love my shark helmet & gortex jacket I got from them.
While on Manchester st you can check out the other shops for gear. Street & Sport had some good value gortex pants around xmas time, anyway you will have a few shops to look in for whatever you need.
If you want leather pants/ jacket look at 'Leather Image'? on Fitzgerald Ave between Smith city Glass & Ferry rd.
There is also Budgets on Wilsons rd for tyres & gear.
Happy shopping
SDU

Fishy
21st February 2006, 10:33
Welcome to the site Jeff!.

thealmightytaco
23rd February 2006, 00:03
Welcome Jeff, and watch out for them there Kea's gettin' to ya injector oil lines, then you'll be pissed.