PDA

View Full Version : AMCC 4/04/04

SPman
5th April 2004, 00:00
Couple of pix from todays AMCC race meet

Coldkiwi
5th April 2004, 12:14
so who's that lot then? Kb'ers?

man.. if I wasn't getting married and saving my pennies, I'd probably have been out there. oh well. maybe after june :)

SPman
5th April 2004, 12:33
so who's that lot then? Kb'ers?
Whoops, sorry, it was late.

KK (the yellow thing) and BabyB at the top of the hill. Logan was going well (at times) and Karen? seems to be slowly building in confidence.Her bike sounds quite good, too, HOHoon, were you out there on that weird sounding RGV yesterday?

Hoon
5th April 2004, 12:39
#41 is Keith on his newly painted GSXR400 (made him my bitch in the first race:)) and next to him is KK on his newly painted VFR400!

And #55 is BabyB who took the "Best wheelie launch" of the day award!

Yep that was me on the Blue ring-ding-ding sewing machine. Had a great day and knocked a sec off my best time (1:15 now).

SPman
5th April 2004, 12:47
Yep that was me on the Blue ring-ding-ding sewing machine. Had a great day and knocked a sec off my best time (1:15 now). Dave was out there but didnt seem to be having a happy day? Its hard to tell when you're bored shitless at point 11 waiting for the 1 in 3 meet high speed off at the top of the hill! Did Lance Lowe post a 60.5 sec? And who is no.44?

k14
5th April 2004, 15:21
Yeah, those photos are pretty cool.

Look, No44 has the same leathers as me :2thumbsup

White trash
5th April 2004, 15:31
Dave was out there but didnt seem to be having a happy day? Its hard to tell when you're bored shitless at point 11 waiting for the 1 in 3 meet high speed off at the top of the hill! Did Lance Lowe post a 60.5 sec? And who is no.44?

#44 is Mike Smith aint it? Pommy guy who rides quite well. Gave Johann a hell of a fight in F1 Vic series last year. 5 points in it into the last round! :Playnice:

gpercivl
5th April 2004, 16:11
I was out in F3 for half of race 1 until my engine expired...

SPman
5th April 2004, 17:26
I was out in F3 for half of race 1 until my engine expired... In a cloud of smoke down past the start finish?

LB
6th April 2004, 05:34
Yep, #44 is Mike Smith from Auckland, R1. He's Nicko's teamate, Team Metalform Racing.

gpercivl
6th April 2004, 16:12
In a cloud of smoke down past the start finish?
Nah, just started losing top end, then making increasingly louder rattling noises...suspect it's a big end just like I did in my 'good' motor the weekend before at Taupo...have just left it in the bike trailer...may take it apart again over Easter if I have enough energy. It was a pity as I had just equalled my best lap time at Puke and was enjoying it :(

SPman
6th April 2004, 23:11
Yep, #44 is Mike Smith from Auckland, R1. He's Nicko's teamate, Team Metalform Racing. He and Lance were having a ding dong tussle in both races. I think it was 1 each.

GP, is this a weakness in FZR400 motors - or just yours? :D

Dave
7th April 2004, 12:52
Yip, i'm back to basics for a couple of meetings, I haven't been on any sort of bike for 6 months and back on my old bike (1992) after selling the trick one over summer. Did some disgusting laps in the first race and then dnf'd after some tuning problems, Got it a bit better for the second and did some 1.14's.
Still, i've had that bike down to 1.09's and did 07's on my good bike, so ive got some work to do.
Anyone know why the AMCC is so fucked that they can't get through the scheduled races in time? We all payed to be there! :mad:

gpercivl
7th April 2004, 16:48
GP, is this a weakness in FZR400 motors - or just yours? :D
:laugh: Just mine, I've done 3 of 'em now...trying to make up for my lack of corner speed by murdering the engine on the straight bits. The 400 is red-lined at 14,000 but I have a cam that makes good power right thru to the rev limiter at ~15,600 so, as one has it, one tends to use it unfortunately...or it could just be that I did a crap job on rebuilding that motor after the 1st time at Manfeild (which is highly possible) :D

gpercivl
7th April 2004, 16:54
Anyone know why the AMCC is so fucked that they can't get through the scheduled races in time? We all payed to be there! :mad:
There's a no noise before 10am restriction at Pukekohe, but not withstanding that the first practice got away at 10:50 which was 30 minutes later than planned, then we had an oil spill and an ambulance on the track which slowed things down, plus we tried to do 8 lap races combined with the fact that quite a few competitors were slow to get to the dummy grid all added up.

Criticisms have been taken on board by the committee and we're hoping you will all see improvement without cutting corners on rider safety (esp important at Puke). Hope you can make it to the next one at Taupo!

Hoon
7th April 2004, 17:51
Yeah I was a bit sceptic when I saw the 8 lap races scheduled for us. That was confirmed when we finished our 2nd race at 4:15pm. Even though there were a couple of disruptions these were not very lengthy at all, so even if things did go perfectly we would've still been pressed for time.

I don't mean to criticize as I know how difficult it can be to run events like this when you are hit with all sorts of unforseen problems but I believe the organisers just have to be a bit harder on the riders, call them up to the dummy grid as soon as the previous race has started and hurry them out for their warmup laps as soon as the track has cleared. 30 races at 2 mins savings per race = an extra hour.

However I think they did a great job overall, esp marshalling and also forming us up on the grid which like never took longer than a minute before we were off.

Kwaka-Kid
9th April 2004, 20:55
cheers to all marshalls as i had a great day and its you guys that make sure it all happens :) - cheers SPman for the pics!! Great job! and hey so you were on that corner coming onto hte front straight? if so i only went psased craig once there and got what felt like an earthquake of a head shake! did you see it? would have been only half a second after that pic, scared me crapless and i slowed down over the hill for the rest of the day. (if so that pic was taken in practise laps right?)

babyB
12th April 2004, 00:53
tx spman, good pixs.
:eek5: "best wheelie launch" ho-hoon, :Oops: hell wish i had seen it
i had a grand day at puke, took another 6sec of my bets time, & bike is running sweet as. was good to see u guys out there too

SPman
12th April 2004, 23:56
(if so that pic was taken in practise laps right?) Yep
Heres a racing one..

Kwaka-Kid
13th April 2004, 07:40
awesome John! cheers your a star!