PDA

View Full Version : Stupid motorcyclists!

Motu
5th April 2004, 09:22
Car,bike pedestrian - when I'm on the road I keep my eye out for dick heads,you just gotta be allert.I never believe indicators,I wait till I see the actual turn initiated or am at least positive of their intentions.

So this morning at my first major intersection waiting as a whole line of cars go down the road,waiting for the gap to squeeze as many cars into - here comes a bike with his left turn indicator on,when this happens there is a mad dash to get as many into the stream as possible....but I wait - and he sails on through,a big cruiser,Vulcan I'd say.Car drivers are sheep,and because I dithered so did the car next to me.

Shit,one of those things stuck in the side of my mother in laws car would of been nasty - I coulda got hurt....oh that dickhead on the bike mighta bin in a bad way too.

Look to your own saftey out there...OK?

duckman
5th April 2004, 10:02
Isn't it the most common mistake riders make.. Leaving the turn signal going after the turn...... I'm in the habit of resetting the turn signals every few minutes around town, just incase I forgot at the last corner.

Look after yourselves cause no-one else will !!!

aff-man
5th April 2004, 10:03
I have noticed that as well i see a lot of bikes where the indicator has been left on, very disconcerting. If a anyone does it i try tell them if possible.

Jackrat
5th April 2004, 10:18
Another one for the here today gone tomorrow list.
The ride with the Triumph owners club was the first time I've had the pleasure of riding with big cruisers.Would be better off in a car I reckon.
At lest your can look at it like this.If he hit you he wouldn't be going fast.
Not if there was a corner anywhere close anyway. :lol:

Hitcher
5th April 2004, 11:53
Isn't it the most common mistake riders make.. Leaving the turn signal going after the turn...... I'm in the habit of resetting the turn signals every few minutes around town, just incase I forgot at the last corner.

Look after yourselves cause no-one else will !!!

Me too! My heart-stopping moment came when a cager, who was in the lane to my left, turned in front of me to claim a car park. Their excuse was that my right-turn indicator was going (which was true)...

Lou Girardin
5th April 2004, 20:19
Would the accident have been the riders fault if the cage driver said, I didn't see you?
BTW, case law says that it is not a defence if you fail to give way because a driver is indicating a turn, you have to make certain that he is actually going to turn as indicated.
Lou

Big Dog
5th April 2004, 20:21
Me too! My heart-stopping moment came when a cager, who was in the lane to my left, turned in front of me to claim a car park. Their excuse was that my right-turn indicator was going (which was true)...What pisses me of is the people who uey in front of you "coz your indicator was on" when you haven't even stood the bike back up from the last corner, the one where oy uturned onto the road. :brick:

Big Dog
5th April 2004, 20:22
Having said that I am responsible for over indicating :whistle:
Quite regularly.

pete376403
5th April 2004, 20:25
What happened to self-cancelling indicators? My GS has those and its over 20 years old! (and they're quite smart - there is a switch in the speedo so at lower speeds, think its about 50k, they cancel after a certain time, but over that speed, they cancel after a certain distance)
If they could do that 20 years ago, then with todays electronics it shouldn't be too hard, or penalise the bike with too much weight

Indiana_Jones
5th April 2004, 20:33
My mate somewhat does that still, he's way better now :apint:
But then again could happen to anyone.

lol anywayz here he is buzzing along on his GN125 and me behind hooting and waving try to tell him that he's left his left signal on :bleh: classic

-Indy

Big Dog
5th April 2004, 21:03
What happened to self-cancelling indicators? My GS has those and its over 20 years old! (and they're quite smart - there is a switch in the speedo so at lower speeds, think its about 50k, they cancel after a certain time, but over that speed, they cancel after a certain distance)
If they could do that 20 years ago, then with todays electronics it shouldn't be too hard, or penalise the bike with too much weight
I think this may be why I keep forgrtting them. my first two years were on a yamaha with self canncellers.