PDA

View Full Version : Vic club - Manfeild 17/4

svs
5th April 2004, 13:04
Anyone any idea if this is still going ahead?

Reasons are: I'm trying to get the SV ready, Daryl New said he'd send me vic club entry forms but haven't heard anything, Comment on Tim Gibbes site from Daryl said the series was doubtful. MNZ and Manfeild both still list the event?

Anyone know who to contact? As someone who doesn't have their race licence yet (see above), do I really need to start chasing people to get this sorted?

White trash
5th April 2004, 13:19
Give Daryl another call to chase it up.

Join an MNZ affiliated club to get your licence pronto, you don't have a lot of time left.

To my knowledge, the series is going ahead.

Good luck

Racey Rider
5th April 2004, 20:08
Anyone know who to contact? As someone who doesn't have their race licence yet (see above), do I really need to start chasing people to get this sorted?

Yes, if you want to be raceing on the 17th!
Race Licence will cost $80 for the year 1st of July 03 to 30th of June 04.
So will still cost you $80 from now to the end of June. No discounts. Sucks ah.
Slap in the face for a new comer to the sport I reckon! :ar15:
Still,, don't take it nicely,,,, If enough of us complain about this policy,, they may feel a tinge of guilt as they take your money.
You need to get on with it tho. You may not get your physical licence booklet before race day, but they should be able to give you a licence number over the phone once they recieve your application.
Also the Vic club entree form must be in 7 days before race day. Tell them your race licence # is coming. No licence # = No Race at Vic club rounds.

See ya out there! :Punk:
Racey.
#41 Streetstocks

LB
6th April 2004, 05:46
Hi SVS. Yep, as far as I'm aware it's all go. They've had flyers printed with all the race dates. I'll find one and post it.

If you can't get hold of Daryl, call Barry New at Sawyers.

Here's the Vic Club website, this is the home page that will point you to the entry form. If you have any trouble printing it call me ASAP and I'll print one out for you ( (04) 565 1159 home or (04) 460 0198 work) and get it to you.

http://www.vicclub.com

I agree with the guys that you need to get onto this PDQ if you want to race on the 17th.

Because they use transponders (electronic lap scoring) they have to have entries 7 days prior so that Tim can programme the transponders.

Catch you on the 17th - let me know what your # will be.

Racey Rider
6th April 2004, 08:11
Vic club coming events link seem a bit out dated, so here's the links you need.

http://www.vicclub.com/VMCC_2004_entry_form.pdf

http://www.vicclub.com/VMCC_2004_supp_regs.pdf

svs
6th April 2004, 08:53
I get the message :bleh:

I spoke to Barry and he'll sign the MNZ forms straight off if I go in to Sawyers. Also since it's near the end of the year now, pay $100 to MNZ and the race licence goes out to June '05.

Now just need to get the suspension re-sprung.....

Hopefully will get everything sorted in time.

Thanks

Racey Rider
6th April 2004, 13:02
I spoke to Barry and he'll sign the MNZ forms straight off if I go in to Sawyers. Also since it's near the end of the year now, pay $100 to MNZ and the race licence goes out to June '05.

Sounds good! I wish they had that policy last year when I had to miss the first two race days till 1st May came around.

Maybe someone listened to me?! :eek5: Scary!!

svs
8th April 2004, 11:46
let me know what your # will be.

No number. MNZ aren't dishing out any more permanent numbers till the start of next season. I'll just get a temporary one. Look out for the bright yellow SV.

White trash
16th April 2004, 16:34
Good luck to our boys and girls racing tomorrow.

Give it heaps, SVS. I'm sure you'll kick arse.

To The Peoples Hero, "Don't hurt that fucken bike!"

Best of luck to young TK in his debut race meeting on his little RS250. Keep it steady young fella.

Go NickO. Make sure the Yo-show doesn't get too up close and personal with ya. :buggerd:

jimbo600
18th April 2004, 09:11

Best of luck to young TK in his debut race meeting on his little RS250. Keep it steady young fella.

Go NickO. Make sure the Yo-show doesn't get too up close and personal with ya. :buggerd:

Well Manfeild on the 17th was as usual fuckin' awesome. Great weather and great racing in all classes. The people's hero suffered tyre probs in the first race and only managed third, which would of made me very happy, but I aint Jo, and Jo was not very happy with third. In fact he was pretty fuckin' far from happy. A few suspension and tyre pressure changes made the difference though and he came away with a win in the second and third races, so 1st overall for Mr PH. After the third race Jo jumped off his bike and I jumped on for a few laps around the Manfeil long circuit. That gixxer is indeed the shit. I was timed at a 1:59.00 around the long circuit which is pretty damn good. Crap crowd numbers though. I suggest an en masse attendance for the next race (29th May). Lets give these guys some support. Anyway, some pics of the PH.

Marknz
18th April 2004, 10:41
So what's the lap record on the long cct?

svs
18th April 2004, 17:39
Great fun this racing lark. Might not have been quite as fast as jimbo, but got times down by 9 seconds from first practice to race 2, a bit slower in the last race but I really didn't want to crash. That was first time out on bike, first time on long circuit and only second time at Manfeild.

Extra special thanks to the marshalls who volunteered at the last minute after the arranged scout group didn't turn up.

Good to meet a lot of the other KB'ers. Hope you get the bike patched up for next time Mitch.....

Was TK out in Clubmans?

Need a better camera to be able to take decent race pics from the stands.

RS250Racer
10th May 2004, 20:30

Thanks Jimmy! I had an absolute blast!! Picked the bike up from Motorad on the Friday, put a leg over for the first time on race day and managed to stay on...for all three races! Didnt come last either, which is always good for the ol' pride ay. 'Spose it was only Clubmans, but still!! I have the racing bug well and truly festering away in me and am finding it damn hard trying to sit still for a whole month between races. Think Ill be needing to talk to someone pronto about getting another roadbike to calm the restlessness. The new Gixxer 600 looks shit hot, and Yo' convinced me even more that its a great bike in almost standard form with some epic riding up against Derek on his very closely matched and very worked CBR600RR.
The 29th is too bloody far away......aaarrgghh!!!!!

White trash
11th May 2004, 07:42
Thanks Jimmy! I had an absolute blast!! Picked the bike up from Motorad on the Friday, put a leg over for the first time on race day and managed to stay on...for all three races! Didnt come last either, which is always good for the ol' pride ay. 'Spose it was only Clubmans, but still!! I have the racing bug well and truly festering away in me and am finding it damn hard trying to sit still for a whole month between races. Think Ill be needing to talk to someone pronto about getting another roadbike to calm the restlessness. The new Gixxer 600 looks shit hot, and Yo' convinced me even more that its a great bike in almost standard form with some epic riding up against Derek on his very closely matched and very worked CBR600RR.
The 29th is too bloody far away......aaarrgghh!!!!!

Brother, TK! Glad you finally made it here! I'm not going to do the 29th due to a lack of funds but the next round I'm thinking about coming out to keep you boys honest.

Chalenge being laid down here to any pommy tough guys whos mouths are bigger than their skills. Any takers :Pokey:

jimbo600
11th May 2004, 07:54
Brother, TK! Glad you finally made it here! I'm not going to do the 29th due to a lack of funds but the next round I'm thinking about coming out to keep you boys honest.

Chalenge being laid down here to any pommy tough guys whos mouths are bigger than their skills. Any takers :Pokey:

Here's one tough cunt who's skills are way bigger than their massive pie hole that'll take on the challenge.

You talkin' about the race or trackday?

White trash
11th May 2004, 10:16
Here's one tough cunt who's skills are way bigger than their massive pie hole that'll take on the challenge.

You talkin' about the race or trackday?

Well, you seem to do a bit of piking when it comes to fun days, so I'm talking the real deal! The question is, are you tough enuff?! :kick:

svs
11th May 2004, 10:24

Will be there. How about turning clubmans into a KB shootout? :eek: I reckon my mouth's definately bigger than my skills :D

jimbo600
11th May 2004, 10:32
Well, you seem to do a bit of piking when it comes to fun days, so I'm talking the real deal! The question is, are you tough enuff?! :kick:

Well I'd love to but Ten Kate Honda have offered me a ride to partner Vermuellen, so I can't play with you dicks.

Really though, I have investigated entering the clubmans. Even organised race fairing etc etc and Jo was going to give me a hand prepping the gixxer. The only issue is the MNZ race license and entry fee in that as you know I am always being called away for work, and I can't afford the pingahs if I aint gonna be there. I might get in touch with the VIC club and see if I can enter on the day.

jimbo600
11th May 2004, 10:34
Will be there. How about turning clubmans into a KB shootout? :eek: I reckon my mouth's definately bigger than my skills :D

Oh god you've gone and done it now SVS

White trash
11th May 2004, 11:08
How about turning clubmans into a KB shootout? :eek:

You're all dead! :ar15:

FROSTY
11th May 2004, 11:19
Well I'd love to but Ten Kate Honda have offered me a ride to partner Vermuellen, so I can't play with you dicks.

Really though, I have investigated entering the clubmans. Even organised race fairing etc etc and Jo was going to give me a hand prepping the gixxer. The only issue is the MNZ race license and entry fee in that as you know I am always being called away for work, and I can't afford the pingahs if I aint gonna be there. I might get in touch with the VIC club and see if I can enter on the day.
Sorry Jimbo you need to pull finger for the race licence.
Talk to the gals at MNZ though --In was lucky enough to cut a deal
I paid $100 for the rest of this eason and all next season.
You will need to get ya club membership organised first though.

svs
11th May 2004, 11:32
Sorry Jimbo you need to pull finger for the race licence.
Talk to the gals at MNZ though --In was lucky enough to cut a deal
I paid $100 for the rest of this eason and all next season.
You will need to get ya club membership organised first though.

I got licence number through from MNZ in a couple of days - they were really efficient. If you drop into sawyers, get Barry to sign the form saying you're a member of vic club (that is if you are joind vic club). Membership for both will take you through to june 05.

Marknz
11th May 2004, 19:26
Is Barry a good point of contact for the Vic club? I sent away my membership application and cheque to them about 3 months ago and have heard nothing yet. And their website never seems to be up to date so I'm wondering about the organisation of the whole thing. At least it seems that the race days are well run and organised.

svs
12th May 2004, 08:35
Is Barry a good point of contact for the Vic club? I sent away my membership application and cheque to them about 3 months ago and have heard nothing yet. And their website never seems to be up to date so I'm wondering about the organisation of the whole thing. At least it seems that the race days are well run and organised.

Yes. I didn't get anything back either, but Barry happily signs all the MNZ stuff to say I'm a member so that'll do for me. I agree about the website though - although the entry forms tend to be up to date.

Kickaha
12th May 2004, 18:04
I might get in touch with the VIC club and see if I can enter on the day.

No such thing as entry on the day if you don't have a competition licence,you can get a one day licence but it costs $50 and has to be applied for two weeks in advance.

LB
13th May 2004, 05:17
The reason they won't let you enter on the day is that they use transponders (electronic timing) and the transponders have to be indvidually programmed for each rider.

White trash
13th May 2004, 07:33
The reason they won't let you enter on the day is that they use transponders (electronic timing) and the transponders have to be indvidually programmed for each rider.

Yeah, Jimbo. They have to subtract 10 seconds from each of your lap times to make you look competitive :Pokey: