PDA

View Full Version : My Newest Bling, err.... Thing.

vifferman
22nd February 2006, 11:21
Fitted this just last night, in preparation for the Easter jaunt my wife's organised for us: five days of touring the Winterless North.

Fishy
22nd February 2006, 11:22
Oh sexy!, I would love one of them for my bike. I get a sore arse just riding to the dairy on my bike.

ducatilover
22nd February 2006, 11:24
thatl keep the buns warm and soft;)

Blackbird
22nd February 2006, 11:51
Hello Ian

Looks very "long distance professional". Hope it doesn't rain on your trip. So a custom seat didn't get discussed again then?

Have a fantastic trip.

Geoff

vifferman
22nd February 2006, 12:06
Looks very "long distance professional".
Thanx, Geoff.
It's the "Budget (but not that budget)" model, in between the custom fitted model ($135) and the skanky-looking "scraggy, but it'll just about do" version ($25).

Hope it doesn't rain on your trip.
Yeah, me too, but it doesn't matter, as the purpose of the trip is relaxation, fun, sight-seeing, and that sort of thing. We'll take the car if the weather looks too dodgy.

So a custom seat didn't get discussed again then?
Frankly, if this doesn't do it, comfort wise, and we look like doing lots of touring around together, I think I'll push for another bike. Maybe an ST1300, Beemer, or summat.

Have a fantastic trip.
Thanx. I hope we do. We just had two marvellous days in Napier / Havelock North, and had a fantastic time - good food, wine, sight-seeing, and enjoying one another's company. :)

R6_kid
22nd February 2006, 12:13
PIMP :not:

MSTRS
22nd February 2006, 12:27
Thanx. I hope we do. We just had two marvellous days in Napier / Havelock North, and had a fantastic time - good food, wine, sight-seeing, and enjoying one another's company. :)
We smell or something?? Phone not working?? :nya:

WRT
22nd February 2006, 12:29
Alright, where'd you get it, how much did it cost, how well does it work, and do you have to get it in "furry", or is there a "brazilian" model available?

Mmmm, brazilian models . . .

Devil
22nd February 2006, 12:32
Hey Viff, whats the "bum grip" like when you're wearing synthetic gear on it?

Bought a small sheepskin for the pillion, but she had complaints that while being very comfy it was also very slippery, most noticibly under braking.

Where did you get it?

Cajun
22nd February 2006, 15:25
Sheep skin seats are more trouble than they are worth, on bikes, over all they cause more damage to the seat vinyl and they don't really do alot for your ass comfort long term.

Best is get set modifyed, in some fashion. Honda and bmw foam is the worse relaly around, honda foam is nice and soft, to start with but over time its so soft no guts to it, and often has 'defects'(air bubbles) in the foam.
BMW on the mean while have a huge bit of rubber in the middle of the seat, which turns to crap and just to hard in the long term.

Paul in NZ
22nd February 2006, 16:02
When I complained about the hard seat on my LeMans (really is HARD - Just a moulded chunk of rubber - no cover - nuttin') a crusty old biker dude told me...

Yer fix the seat so it's comfy and you start noticing the pain in your legs so ya move the foot pegs back, then the pain in your wrists seems worse so you change the bars. Once thats fixed, the blast over the screen really knocks you around so you put on a different screen.... etc etc

Harden up ya poof! It's a feckin mans bike (says so on the side) so just ride the bloody thing....

Cajun
22nd February 2006, 16:45
Very good Paul,

Bonez
22nd February 2006, 20:04
Sheepskins do help with long distance comfort, protect the seat from the suns UV rays. Sheepskins damaging seats is a new one on me, myth mybe? They really are'nt much of a hassle at all. They do need to be properly secured though.

kro
22nd February 2006, 20:09
dude your seat's gone mouldy.

Bonez
23rd February 2006, 04:21
dude your seat's gone mouldy.You can eat off my seat :moon: It appears some folk may too lazy to take them off the m/c if sheepskins get a bit damp.

Lou Girardin
23rd February 2006, 08:15
You've convinced me, cajun. The seat's going to your dad-in-law next week.

Cajun
23rd February 2006, 08:43
hahaha good on lou mate, best bet is you and your ass on on the bike.

What we sometimes do is people ride down from dorkland, we change the foam they ride home, courier us the seat down, and we courier it back up couple days later. all covered, that also gives you a good chance to feel how the foam is, and if there are any small changes you want to make.

Lou Girardin
27th February 2006, 11:45
hahaha good on lou mate, best bet is you and your ass on on the bike.

What we sometimes do is people ride down from dorkland, we change the foam they ride home, courier us the seat down, and we courier it back up couple days later. all covered, that also gives you a good chance to feel how the foam is, and if there are any small changes you want to make.

I would have ridden down, but it sounded like you guys were busy. I didn't want to add to the pressure.

Cajun
27th February 2006, 12:22
Hahahhaa nah my father in law always sounds like that. he had enough time to sit on his ass stuffing around saturday morning when i was down there

He said you had called in and seen him weekend before, and that ya were sending it down on monday