PDA

View Full Version : Anyone herd off/used IRC tyres? or thoughts on Bridgestone BT014's

Postie
22nd February 2006, 14:25
Its time to re-shoe my little bike, i have had a few quotes and I have pretty much settled on Bridgestone BT014's. I need 18 inch's of rubber at the back (thats right ladies, 18 inches :gob: ) so my tyre choice was limited. I wanted Pilot Powers to be like Keystone19, but Michilin don't do 18 inch rears in the P Power.
Bridgestone BT014's are standard on some bikes, are they good? are they crap?, sticky? or not sticky?
Kerry told me that he knows some one who uses IRC tyres on her 400 and swears by them, anyone herd of these and how they perform or has anyone used them?
just looking for some words of wisdom.
cheers

bugjuice
22nd February 2006, 14:29
not heard of IRC, but the 012 was the stock flavour for the 03/04 636 and the 014 are the now for the 05/06 636s.. not sure what the ZX10 uses.. There's a few bikes with those as stock bike-condoms, so if the manufacturers are rating them, then can't be a bad thing (unless they all just got them at a steel :niceone:)

I had fun with the 012 I had, gave me confidence..

but now I'm on a Viper.. Buy a Viper people, and keep a snake happy.. But not you Postie.

Bonez
22nd February 2006, 14:37
http://www.irctire.com/history/index.html

Fishy
22nd February 2006, 14:42
not heard of IRC, but the 012 was the stock flavour for the 03/04 636 and the 014 are the now for the 05/06 636s.. not sure what the ZX10 uses.. There's a few bikes with those as stock bike-condoms, so if the manufacturers are rating them, then can't be a bad thing (unless they all just got them at a steel :niceone:)

I had fun with the 012 I had, gave me confidence..

but now I'm on a Viper.. Buy a Viper people, and keep a snake happy.. But not you Postie.

Am running a viper on the front and will have one soon on the rear. Awesome front tyre so far and looking forward to getting the rear.

NC
22nd February 2006, 14:45
IRC's are fucked. Takes too long to warm them up and they aren't that sticky.
There's a bike shop that swears by them down here. But hell they can't even fucken do bolts up properly.

bugjuice
22nd February 2006, 14:46
Am running a viper on the front and will have one soon on the rear. Awesome front tyre so far and looking forward to getting the rear.
how come you have one on the front and not on the back...??
do a bloody big burn out to waste it, then go get one on the back..

Postie
22nd February 2006, 14:47
IRC's are fucked. Takes too long to warm them up and they aren't that sticky.
There's a bike shop that swears by them down here. But hell they can't even fucken do bolts up properly.
cheers NC, noted and IRC's scrubbed from shopping list. Wasn't keen on them at all anyway.

Fishy
22nd February 2006, 14:49
$$ is why, just waiting for a week or so then I'll go see Kerry. The Pirelli is fucked as it is. The thing just spins all the time now especially when attempting to lift the wheel up on the clutch in second. When someone else is riding it of course cause I can't do wheelies.

sefer
22nd February 2006, 14:55
The stock tyres on the krr are IRC and I'm not that impressessed with them. They're fine for around the city, straights, and soft cornering, but as soon as I got into some hard cornering I had the rear slip right out with no warning twice (first time I thought I'd slipped in gravel). Haven't tried them in the wet, but I can't imagine them being great. I'd say fine if you want a cheap comutting tyre, but not otherwise.

Eurodave
22nd February 2006, 14:58
Heres a bit of useless info for you [believe me , Im full of useless info!!!:rolleyes: ] ....IRC GS11-AW's were original equipment in '78 on Suzukis then brand new GS1000, god, my age is showing, again!!!:slap:

Pixie
22nd February 2006, 15:14
There was a time when all jap bikes were fitted with Inoue (IRC - Inoue Rubber Co) or Yokohama tyres.

sAsLEX
22nd February 2006, 15:19
I am running an battleaxe 010 on the rear at the mo, sticky enough for me though and lasts way longer than a GPR70. If your commuting get something like that else get GPR70s!!!
oh and dont worry about matching the front and the rear thats mainly rubbish:weird:

enigma51
22nd February 2006, 15:21
never heard of irc but does might help with the BT's http://www.zinio.com/express?issue=77606059

GSVR
22nd February 2006, 15:29
There was a time when all jap bikes were fitted with Inoue (IRC - Inoue Rubber Co) or Yokohama tyres.

Your talking pushbikes here right? Don't forget Chen Shin or whatever they are called as well.

Seriously they can't be as bad as some people wanna make out and may represent the best value for money in some situations.

Motu
22nd February 2006, 16:40
I was very impressed with the IRC's I just took off my bike,but I don't think you would like them on a sports bike.IRC have been around a long,long time - like Pixie says,they were OE for many years.

Ixion
22nd February 2006, 16:57
Woz wrong wiv Yokohamas ?