PDA

View Full Version : Video rendering help

onearmedbandit
22nd February 2006, 18:49
Just got back from a ride over to Akaroa today, and although I don't have the on-board cam mounted on the new bike yet we pulled onto a private road and videoed a few wheelies. So I've converted the footage to mpeg-1 (320x240), trimmed it down to 56sec with audio and it is still about 15mg in size. Is there another format I should use that would bring it down to a more reasonable size?

I'll try hosting the vid soon regardless.

Thanks in advance.

Slingshot
22nd February 2006, 19:03
I used Windows Movie Maker.

Once you've been through the editing process it gives you the options of exporting.
Normally I set it to give the best quality for a given size (4mb when it's for KB).

Let me know if you need some screen shots.

onearmedbandit
22nd February 2006, 19:10
I used PowerDirector Pro, cam with my 7800GT card. Haven't tried using WMM, does it come bundled with XP? I think I'm uploading it to a FTP site provided by Juzzer, if it's successful I'll post it up.

Okay, I think I've done it.

Re-direct (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=25135)

Slingshot
22nd February 2006, 19:16
I used PowerDirector Pro, cam with my 7800GT card. Haven't tried using WMM, does it come bundled with XP? I think I'm uploading it to a FTP site provided by Juzzer, if it's successful I'll post it up.

It does come with XP. It's a piece of piss to use and is good for getting small clips of goodish quality.

erik
22nd February 2006, 19:37
I haven't tried windows movie maker, haven't got XP. But from what I've seen it does a good job of editing and compressing videos.

An alternate free program is VirtualDub ( http://www.virtualdub.org/ ) but I think it may be more complex to use. If you do use virtualdub, XviD is a good video codec and the LAME mp3 encoder is good for the audio. It's what I use anyway... :)

WildBoarMouse
22nd February 2006, 20:28
As far as ease of use, and time involved in getting to a final product, windows movie maker (or whatever it's called) is definitely pretty good. My wife (who has never ever done video stuff before) found it on her PC and started sending me video clips while I was in canada taken on the webcam. Not a bad result for such a simple little program. The only downside is that the result is in WMV format, which isn't really viewable on Linux.

Sniper
22nd February 2006, 22:39
Fraser, PM me. Pyrocam has helped me set up some video editing software ect and Im sure I can work something out for you.

SimJen
23rd February 2006, 06:59
you could always try converting to divx or xvid. Try finding a free copy of Dr Divx, works pretty well.
But Windows movie maker isn't too bad, not really good enough when you start editing stuff, but good small files.

Matt Bleck
23rd February 2006, 11:17
If you can get your hands on Priemiere it'll make live easier...

pyrocam
24th February 2006, 17:32
Just got back from a ride over to Akaroa today, and although I don't have the on-board cam mounted on the new bike yet we pulled onto a private road and videoed a few wheelies. So I've converted the footage to mpeg-1 (320x240), trimmed it down to 56sec with audio and it is still about 15mg in size. Is there another format I should use that would bring it down to a more reasonable size?

I'll try hosting the vid soon regardless.

Thanks in advance.

if your still not sorted I can either do it for you or tell you how to get it smaller.

or you can read my howto.
http://www.pyrocam.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46
you might need to register