PDA

View Full Version : Question about Keith Code

placidfemme
23rd February 2006, 07:27
Hey

I've read a few articles in bike mag's about Keith Code and his amazing training programs... apparantly he has also released a few books...

I've looked on Trade Me and at certain book stores and can't find any of his books... and unfortunatley don't have a credit card, so can't buy one online...

Does anyone know where I could purchase some of these books?

Also, just another random question... If Keith Code is that great, how come he doesn't race himself?

Anywho :)

skelstar
23rd February 2006, 07:46
I think I got mine from realgroovy.co.nz...also try amazon.

dhunt
23rd February 2006, 07:48
Hey

I've read a few articles in bike mag's about Keith Code and his amazing training programs... apparantly he has also released a few books...

I've looked on Trade Me and at certain book stores and can't find any of his books... and unfortunatley don't have a credit card, so can't buy one online...

Also, just another random question... If Keith Code is that great, how come he doesn't race himself?

I got a copy of Twist of The Wrist II ages ago through Witcouls (sp?), they had to order it in for me but it did turn up. I'm pretty sure motomail also have them as well.

placidfemme
23rd February 2006, 07:55
Sweet thanks I'll go check out Motomail and Real Groovy :)

TwoSeven
23rd February 2006, 09:38
Hey

He used to as I understand things.

Try reading his Bio (http://www.superbikeschool.com/keiths-corner/keith-code-bio.php)

placidfemme
23rd February 2006, 09:44
He used to as I understand things.

Try reading his Bio (http://www.superbikeschool.com/keiths-corner/keith-code-bio.php)

Sweet! I didn't even know he had a website... thanks :)

MrMelon
23rd February 2006, 09:53
They'll usually have a copy of a twist of the wrist 1/2 at the library. Check it out... Bit cheaper than buying a copy.

Lou Girardin
23rd February 2006, 11:39
He says he trained Thomas Luthi, turned him from a mid field runner to one of the top 125 racers.

Holy Roller
23rd February 2006, 12:01

Any good bookstore can get them just give them the following info

A Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Road Racer's Handbook
by Keith Code
Paperback - 127 pages, Revised edition, 17th printing (April 1997)

ISBN: 0-965045-01-3 ;

A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding
by Keith Code
Paperback - 120 pages, 3rd edition, Vol. 2 (July 1997)

ISBN: 0-965045-02-1 ;

placidfemme
23rd February 2006, 14:59
Any good bookstore can get them just give them the following info

A Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Road Racer's Handbook
by Keith Code
Paperback - 127 pages, Revised edition, 17th printing (April 1997)

ISBN: 0-965045-01-3 ;

A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding
by Keith Code
Paperback - 120 pages, 3rd edition, Vol. 2 (July 1997)

ISBN: 0-965045-02-1 ;

Sweet, thank you :)

James Deuce
23rd February 2006, 15:58
You don't have to be the best at something to be the best teacher, most inspirational, the best at technical analysis, or the best communicator of technique.

Before Keith Code, NO ONE could explain what a bike was doing at corner entry, apex, or exit, and no rider could accurately communicate precisely what they were doing in a corner because it wasn't expected of them. You were fast because you were fast.

Not because you knew you had a corner entry speed advantage on 7 of 11 corners at a particular track over your rivals.

justsomeguy
23rd February 2006, 16:01
hey PF - You can pick up a copy for about $50 from Borders Queen St- they have heaps instore.

kro
23rd February 2006, 16:14
I have a copy of "Twist of the Wrist" you could take off my hands. Thats quite a good little book indeed.