PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Auckland Tourism

24th February 2006, 11:17
Can I get some advice on what I can do in Auckland for a week? I am planning on going there from Sydney in March. Also, how easy is it to rent a sportsbike? Any info would be great, thanks

Blackbird
24th February 2006, 11:29
Plenty of websites covering the Auckland area showing you cool things to do but if you hire a bike, make sure that you do the Coromandel Loop which is only a couple of hours from Auckland. It must be one of the World's great rides. I'll be on it tonight!

Lots of bike hire companies with websites ex-Auckland with sports bikes as well as sports tourers - a simple search will throw them up.

Have a great time.

Geoff

Lou Girardin
24th February 2006, 13:26
Can I get some advice on what I can do in Auckland for a week? I am planning on going there from Sydney in March. Also, how easy is it to rent a sportsbike? Any info would be great, thanks

I should have an '06 Triumph Sprint on the fleet at AMPS by then. PM me for details or email rentals@amps.co.nz.

Firefight
24th February 2006, 13:56
#1) jump on the free airport bus.... 5 min ride to domestic terminal

#2) get a ticket to the Main land (south island)

#3) Fly to the SI ... have a great time.. easy<_<

F/F

Marmoot
24th February 2006, 17:35
#1) jump on the free airport bus.... 5 min ride to domestic terminal

#2) get a ticket to the Main land (south island)

#3) Fly to the SI ... have a great time.. easy<_<

F/F

What? Without going 100km due south on certain backroad? :weird:

far queue
24th February 2006, 21:52
If it's as bad as all the Dork ... I mean Aucklanders on here make out, you'll probably spend the week sitting in traffic :yawn:

Marmoot
25th February 2006, 09:18
The question is what do you fancy?

Leisure? Relaxation? Thrill-seeking? Unique view? Beaches?

I might know a bit.....