PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we dead yet?

bugjuice
24th February 2006, 14:38
I've just been given this to send out company wide (kinda part of what I do, spam crap to the company)..

By reading stuff like this, amongst other crap I've sent out, I'm really panicking about how I've actually managed to stay alive this long. I need to wrap some cotton wool around me quick, a paper clip could have my eye out, and then I'll get testicular mushrooms and die within minutes!!!!!

<blockquote>PANDEMIC EQUIPMENT - Preparedness
In line with *******'s pandemic planning preparedness, the following products have been purchased to help contain and minimise the spread of infection across our work place:
* hygienic wipes
* face masks
* surgical gloves

The hygienic wipe packs will be distributed in the next few days across all work areas, for cleaning your telephone headsets, keyboard and mice.

You should clean devices immediately and then on suspicion that the sets may have become infected by any bacteria or annual influenza. More instructions will be issued if the pandemic alert status changes.

Influenza is primarily spread by large and small droplets, ie by close exposure to an infected person who is coughing and sneezing. In particular, the hygienic wipes will be a deterrent against any influenza type germs as the summer draws to a close. Please remember, hand washing and drying is still the most important measure to prevent the spread of any infection.

The face masks and surgical gloves will be retained by the Property and Facilities team and distributed if the pandemic alert status changes. For more information on pandemic planning and preparedness, please refer to the Business Continuity site on the Intranet.</blockquote>

I'm so over flippin 'precautions' and crap like that. I've got enough to do people!!!! :angry2:

enigma51
24th February 2006, 14:40
cause if it does not kill you it makes you stronger!

You are the bug whats the problem

Riff Raff
24th February 2006, 14:40
The hygienic wipe packs will be distributed in the next few days across all work areas, for cleaning your telephone headsets, keyboard and mice.

What do you people do with mice that you have to keep wiping them down with hygienic wipes????

bugjuice
24th February 2006, 14:42
RR - you not heard of 'clicking the mouse'..??

E51 - yeah, damn right I'm the bug.. still get fuct off with people bugging me about pointless crap..

nadroj
24th February 2006, 14:46
Without natural contact with 'baddies' how the hell do we expect to develop our own antibodies to protect ourselves?

Fishy
24th February 2006, 14:49
Im feeling sick, and whats causing that terrible itch! :argh: maybe im going crazy or does my keyboard and mouse have germs?

Grahameeboy
24th February 2006, 14:51
Im feeling sick, and whats causing that terrible itch! :argh: maybe im going crazy or does my keyboard and mouse have germs?

didn't your Mum tell you to never fool around....................:rolleyes:.......stop scratching......

Fishy
24th February 2006, 14:54
Got any cream I can borrow? you have some left over don't you?:bleh:

Grahameeboy
24th February 2006, 15:00
Got any cream I can borrow? you have some left over don't you?:bleh:

Hey those dolls I use are safe you know.........I just get mouth sores from blowing them up.....must buy a pump.......

Bekki
24th February 2006, 15:01
Without natural contact with 'baddies' how the hell do we expect to develop our own antibodies to protect ourselves?
Kids whose parents sterilise everything they touch grow up with asthma and allergies... My kids are going to be allowed to play in the mud and eat worms! :yes:

Don't know if I'd go this far though! http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=271

Grahameeboy
24th February 2006, 15:06
Kids whose parents sterilise everything they touch grow up with asthma and allergies... My kids are going to be allowed to play in the mud and eat worms! :yes:

That is interesting....they say that kids who live in Cities tend to get sikc a lot when young and their immune system improves by the time they go to school.....and those kids who live in the Country never get ill cause of all that fresh air.......and mud and worms but when they go to schooll their immune system is a bit low.....and they get ill a lot.....atishu....

Lou Girardin
24th February 2006, 15:59
You single guys will have to let the chickens cross the road unaided.

ManDownUnder
24th February 2006, 16:07
Sorry buggy - but that's funny...

And this just in... from here (http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/communicable_diseases/en/influ.htm)
Q - When and for how long is a person able to spread influenza?

A - The contagious period varies, but probably begins the day before symptoms appear and extends for a week.

(note other sources (http://www.vaccineinformation.org/flu/qandadis.asp) say one to two days before LMAO)

So in short - by the time you're wiping things down - it's probably too late...

Bugger - but then it IS the thought that counts... right?

:doctor:

Cookie
24th February 2006, 16:19
Same thing here. I got the masks, gloves, a box of tissues (I guess for drying my eyes from crying for joy when my boss drops dead in front of me with Bird Flu).

In the "Kit" I also have a bottle of "Antiseptic Hand Rub" too. I kid you NOT. The label says it is 70% Ethanol. Have any of you guys got a still? :whistle:

For a pisstake last week I put the gloves and mask on and sat there with my bottle and tissues beside me for the whole afternoon. It was a bit hot working in latex gloves (in more ways than one I might say), so the next day I dressed my Dilbert doll up with a miniature mask and little rubber gloves.

To top it off I have suggested to the readiness project coordinator that we form a business alliance with Mr Whippy vans. They are a well known brand, mobile and contain refrigeration units so we can cart dead people about in them. Excellent.

[Edit] I also mentioned that the planet will need repopulation so I asked her to put me on the list of "breeding stock". (Didn't mention the vasectomy).

Ixion
24th February 2006, 17:47

This is true actually. And worms don't taste all that bad.

Sniper
25th February 2006, 06:50
Pah, Im South African and immune to everything and as buggy says, that would piss me off no end!

myvice
26th February 2006, 19:43
Well something has to kill you...
Mask strap too tight? Could cut off blood to the ears then you wouldn’t hear the train...

Sniper
27th February 2006, 07:26
Why would I be wearing a mask and how the hell would a mask cut off blood to the inner ear?

myvice
27th February 2006, 20:43
Why would I be wearing a mask and how the hell would a mask cut off blood to the inner ear?
Caus you dont want to catch a cold and you put it on very very wrong.

SPman
27th February 2006, 20:54
Caus you dont want to catch a cold and you put it on very very wrong.
He nailed it on???
Bloody South Africans.........

Sniper
28th February 2006, 07:33
Hey Im not that stupid, I wouldn't use nails.......... Staples would hold it better. I still fail to see how I could cut off the blood to my inner ear.