PDA

View Full Version : Buying a bike

Mrs Busa Pete
25th February 2006, 16:37
ok pete is helping me buy a bike we have looked at two kwakas that are the same but one feels differant vib wise to the other.My question is do you kbers think i'm nuts because pete keeps laughing at me.He also want's me to go and check out a xup250 I like the kwakas. Mind you he then has to teach me to ride poor bugger. Feedback welcome

APPLE
25th February 2006, 17:24
Mmmmm?250 Aye?wot about a 250 Bandit,or 250 4stroke(anymake)i guess its wot eva u prefer...

nadroj
25th February 2006, 19:55
Take the advise of those that know what type of riding you are likely to be doing & make a short list from them to try. Get the one that feels right. A feeling of confidence is a big advantge when starting out. Good luck.

Insanity_rules
11th March 2006, 20:35
Ride lots of different ones and see what you like then. Example in a 250 I found I like the torque of a twin over the small screamer 4's. I found 4 a bit of work to keep in the sweet spot. Sound good though and when ridden well very rewarding.

Also discovered I like the way Honda's handle over most other brands of 250 L plater bikes. and believe me I test rode everything!