PDA

View Full Version : raglan bound?

bikerboy
8th March 2003, 18:23
Any bikers from this site going on the Raglan run this Sunday?

MikeL
8th March 2003, 20:46
Presumably this is the Ulysses run?? I'll be going - although the weather forecast doesn't look too promising :argh:
Meet at 9:00 at Bombay Xroads.

bikerboy
9th March 2003, 14:50
Sorry Mike. I was intending to go but just coulkdn't get out of bed that early after a late Saturday night.

By the time one gets up, does the morning thing and gets to Otara by 9am, one must get up by 7 or 7:30. That writes off any Saturday night activities. Why are these things starting so early or am I the only lazy biker? :argh:

bluninja
9th March 2003, 14:58
BB, you could laways have the use of my kids for the weekend...I switch the alarm off but they are up and about by 7. Now if only I could get them to make breakfast and bring it to me :D BTW are you going to summer Italia?

TTFN

MikeL
9th March 2003, 16:21
Just got back from the Raglan run - sorry you couldn't make it. I was in two minds when the alarm went off this morning - had a bit of a late night, too, plus the weather forecast was lousy. But decided to make the effort. Great ride! Couldn't believe how different the weather was from the forecast (heavy rain) and not too much traffic. Didn't see a cop till I got back to Takanini - decided to detour to Ardmore for the air show.l $25 to get in - a bit steep, but some great flying displays (1 Hercules + 1 Orion + 2 helicopters must be almost half N.Z.'s air force, I reckon). Started to rain just as I left, but not too heavy. Saw lots of (non-Ulysses) bikers coming back from Raglan - more bikes on the road than I've seen for a long time except the charity ride a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I've had a great day. Time to get into the home brew. Might even fire up the barbecue just to prove yet again that weather forecasters mostly get it wrong...:beer:

bikerboy
9th March 2003, 18:34
Thats it, rub it in, I'm a lazy b'stard :D
Those stupid weather forecasters could forecast their way out of a paper
bag!:mad:

Glad you had a great ride/day. I'm definitely making the effort next time!

Later,:argh:

SPman
9th March 2003, 21:54
I must be a lazy barstard as well:argh:  Didnt get out of bed until 9.30 so we blew it totally. I think I got in the shit for not getting up and out earlier!!:argh: :beer: :calm: